Reviews for Cult of the Dragon King
Unknown chapter 28 . 8/30/2014
Wow, you still write? it's a shame to see you still trying at anything.
tehamazingone chapter 26 . 8/24/2014
Great chapter! I'm imaginging Mokuba talking to Seto about the family business now. You know, dueling people. Playing things. :P
S.K chapter 28 . 8/18/2014
Yay, update! Glad to see you're still working on this fantastic story :)

Really looking forward to Kay's role in this, I have to say I rather like the personality you've crafted for her.
dragonlady222 chapter 28 . 8/17/2014
It was very weird to see them as young boys living with their parents, though we didn't see the parents. Mokuba was a typical younger bratty brother. Seto was being protective of him and he punched him again. I feel bad for RYou. He got a bad bargain with Bakari and the ring. I am glad that Noa is helping him.
Peach Wookiee chapter 28 . 8/17/2014
Seto with a degree in Religion and Philosophy strikes me as funny but also oddly not surprising. Depending on where one gets one's degree, one must be pretty brainy to get such a degree.

Also, was Bakari the result of a spellcheck mishap?

Good chapter!
or-chan chapter 28 . 8/17/2014
Ahhh, such a cool chapter! I love how you are portraying Ryou. I really feel his character and his struggle wasn't highlighted enough in the series. It's like you concentrate on all the characters I like and leave out the ones I don't, like Tea!
or-chan chapter 27 . 7/13/2014
This story is just amazing! Utterly amazing. I was just about to go on holidays when I found this story and it was the perfect combination of all the things I wanted from a yugioh fanfiction. So even though I had to use patchy wifi from machu pichu to the amazon jungle, I finally got upto date with this story and the effort was so worth it cause it is absolutely amazing and I really can't wait for more!
minekoanime chapter 27 . 6/27/2014
I love this :D really exciting and through, i look forward to the next chapter :)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 23 . 6/18/2014
"Is he heard?" - Clearly, every word in this story is important. *applause*

This story has already shown that he can't always handle himself.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 21 . 6/18/2014
"...it was the most fundamentally pleasant expression anyone had ever seen cross his sharp, angular face." I literally cannot imagine Seto smiling pleasantly without also imagining Very Bad Things. In this case, Seto's usual response to anyone's threatening his brother: swift and immediate *ahem* dissuasion.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 11 . 6/18/2014
"Se-" - That's Seti, isn't it? (Wait. So then Marik and his more-psycho split personality weren't the only things in his head from the start...)
Nausicaahime04 chapter 27 . 5/27/2014
Hey there.
I have already commented on the "Paved..." series, now it's time to review this fic. So, to put it in a nutshell: I love everything. But I needed some time to realize it. Because, at first, I couldn't help but felt a pang everytime I read this story. I was thinking: "Why would Seto accept, and even create a rival in his beloved brother's heart?".
Then I started to really enjoy the story. It is full of good ideas: bringing Noah back (yes, it was a good idea in the end), bringing the Millenium Items back, deciding that Seto, of all people, would have to collect them, making him confront his "older" self (I knew they couldn't get along well) and adding Season 0 Yami to the party.
I suppose my poor Seto won't stop suffering. Considering the current "test", I have no hope for his mental health. This test, and the confrontation with Seti, remind me of the anime: Seto almost always fights against cheaters: people who use Millenium things, magical seals, cards that are not even available, people who impose their own rules, have their own world or just blackmail him. Seto only has his skills and his will (like Jono-Uchi actually). But I guess this is why he is such an interesting character.
IntriguingHeart chapter 27 . 5/12/2014
awesooooooooome *feeling fuzzy* loved this chapter A LOT n can't wait for the next one!
thanks for updating ! :D :D
dragonlady222 chapter 27 . 5/11/2014
Seto is very protective of Mokuba no matter what life he is living. I think he is learning to like his father. He is starting to know both of his parents much better than he ever did in real life. If he is punished in this illusion for long enough, he may come out as a better more compassionate and emotional man.
GBlackwell chapter 27 . 5/9/2014
An update! Booyah! Finals week just got a little more bearable. You've probably figured out by now that I talk forever, but I'm going to keep this short by listing off things in bullet point fashion.

1) What I liked.

...Everything, actually. I'm a sucker for stories like this, stories with the simplistic and oft-used but too timeless to be cliche plot of "Underdog stands up to bullies." I especially like it when the victory that the underdog achieves is not one of simply trouncing the oppressor and physically overwhelming them, but by keeping an iron will even when they're outmatched. So, obviously, I loved it here that Seto wasn't strong enough to be a "weapon" against the bullies, but still gave it his all. Especially since, really, he accomplished what he needed to anyway.

Also, as a side note, I love the Yagami parents. They're just so... I don't want to say "nice" but they just seem like good people and good parents. It's refreshing to read, especially since they congratulate Seto instead of trying to drill in the message of "You're weak, never try that on your own, get an adult to help you" like most parents do.

2) What could be better.

...Actually, I'm at a loss here. Normally I have something critical to say, but here I don't. It's not that this chapter was mind-blowing-it's clearly more build up to what is to come, but it functions perfectly well and is a delight to read. "Mind-blowing" is a term generally reserved for climaxes or shocking revelations.

3) Other comments.

I'm wondering what the ultimate challenge of this world is, and how the whole thing about Mokuba getting bullied fits in. What lesson is supposed to be learned here? Is it supposed to be about what normal people are like? Is it about protecting Mokuba? Or is this Mokuba and his problems just a distraction to the real purpose, and will Seto have to learn to let the concept of protecting his brother go? I highly doubt it's the last one, given your writing history, but still, the concept remains. I could see a world fashioned as a test for Seto where to "win" he'd have to let go of his "protect Mokuba" stance, because that would be the hardest thing for him in the world.

Anyway, it's all random speculation on my part anyway. Great job, and good luck with writing and life!