Reviews for Cemetery Dance
Ruby of Raven chapter 6 . 6/7
Interesting... XD
I love how you just can't keep Mokuba dead. He truly is Kaiba's only reason for living. You just can't keep that away from him.
By the way, I suppose I must get this off my chest... I love how you write Yami in your fics. He is such and ass. Some people make him more noble like what he eventually seems to become in the anime, and that's fine and dandy, and I enjoy reading those fics too should they be well done, but what people don't get, especially if there is a pairing with Yami involved people are shipping, is that Yami is really an ass of a king, drunk on power and likely wouldn't give that up for the world. People make him almost too soft when it comes to caring about people. He's still an ass about it just like Seto can be at times. You, you've mastered them, in my opinion (pairing or no).
I highly appreciate it. I think it helps reinforce for me, for writing my own Yu-Gi-Oh! fic featuring these two, Yami and Kaiba, that they're both assholes and Seto really is dependent on Mokuba (which perhaps I should develop more in the fic, but, at the moment, I'm just setting things up for Yami to go in to 'Horrifyingly Powerful Mode' like you did, except, perhaps, a little bit more out of control ;D) and, for my audience, I'm not openly shipping the two of them in the fic (because it's focusing on the gaming of these two and their friendship more than anything else).
Anyways... Enough about me and your works influence.
Please keep on writing as I know you will. ;)
DragonSiren7 chapter 6 . 2/15
For some reason, the most shocking part of all this, to me, was that I'm pretty sure Bakura made a guest appearance at the end, there... Ah well. I'm actually fairly certain I've read this before (pretty sure I've read all your YuGiOh and Naruto stories before, actually...) so it's probably because I vaguely knew how this would go.
Still.
Bakura.
Anyway, yet another wonderfully written, compelling story with the kind of characterization that reminds me why I even read in the first place. Seriously, you're stories are brilliant in all aspects, but if all of it was horrible besides the characterization, I would still read it, because it is simply unbelievable. And I also like how you spin Yami in your stories, but this one in particular. Always interesting to hear what people think about Mr. Manga/Season Zero versus the regular anime protagonist. I'd offer constructive criticism, but I'm afraid I have none. This story was beautiful, and is the fifth of yours I've read in the past two days (Paved with Good intentions series and Gamber's Debts were re read, and magnificent as ever).
Keep up the great work.
Ciao for now,
DS7
SnowyOwl765 chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
Hmm, yeah. To be completely honest, (basically) everything that happened to Seto, was Mokuba's fault. The reason Seto even CHALLENGED Gozaboro Kaiba was so Mokuba wouldn't have to live at the orphanage. The reason he kept on fighting, and working so very hard was for Mokuba. Wow, a LOT more of the plot of Yu-Gi-Oh rested on Mokuba, than I originally thought...
TexasDreamer01 chapter 6 . 12/30/2014
This was... very intensely written. Your characterization is, while not unusual, rare and obliquely handled - interesting. I liked the pace and setting, as well as how you incorporated your headcanons. Neither got in the way of the other and rather more complimented each other.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 5 . 6/18/2014
46. Concurrent dialogues, and perhaps a touch of foreshadowing...?
(I am somewhat in envy of your writing, and thus spurred to improve. And I get really pretentious at this hour of the night- er, morning.)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 4 . 6/18/2014
It's not over yet. But it's finally started.

(...codependence is an understatement to the point of farce, and love is a chain and anchor.)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 2 . 6/18/2014
And the ritual (the sacrifice) itself was very pointedly not shown. (Aagh, there's my imagination kicking in.)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Hm. I'd wondered where the Yami from the first eight volumes went. (Even the anime version was still far more ruthless than Yugi through Duelist Kingdom, but after that... Yeah. Millenia's worth of nasty sneaky crazy don't vanish that easily.)

Okay, this is probably the best characterization of Seto I've ever seen in fanfiction. (That is sad and scary. He's kind of a walking case of weaponized issues on a good day, and without Mokuba - well, this.)
Darkmiror chapter 6 . 3/6/2014
Loved this fic. I really enjoyed the way you wrote Yami's character:) Not to mention the Kaiba brothers:) I'm not usually into the death fics but I got so pissed when work made me have to put down my phone and stop reading this! I didn't want to stop!
Also really liked how for as integral a part of the story as Yami was, you had him more as a secondary character in a way but who still managed to be a main character (if that makes any sense). It was fantastic and I applaud and bow to it. Kaiba's fractured mind was also a stroke of brilliance not just for how you wrote it but for how convincingly and soundly you broke him.
Your writing style is fantasitc and very engaging and descriptive. I felt and saw everything you told and described. It was great! I'm not sure I want to read 'Twist of Fate' just because I liked this version so much lol.
I do have to ask though (because I'm horrible like this), what did the police think of Mokuba's sudden return to life? Someone had to find his body and likely called the cops who would have known he was really dead. I know this is getting too detailed but that's how my mind works lol.
Anyway, great fic. Absolute pleasure to read:) Loved Yami!
CrimsonStrawberry17 chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Lady Fai chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
This story is great too. I love the way you portray Yami in the Yugioh fanfictions of yours that I have read so far.
the hotpocket hunter chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
Holy. Crap. Wow Yami, nothing like raising the dead and cracking jokes.
Lady Solaris chapter 6 . 10/23/2012
Very well written story.
lumecia chapter 6 . 11/28/2011
I'd like to comment this with a quote from one of my favourite shows "I think the right term would be 'a-boo-ya'"

Wow, I really liked your story. It's completely the opposite of what I normally read, but wow! I really do like your interpretation of Atemu's or better Yami's character and also of Kaiba's. It was awesome:9 This wasn't the censored, "nice" version of the charas, but the real, slightly insane homicidal version of the first manga(s). Great job! Your Yami was that dark, that I had a feeling of "yey Season 0 all over again - We don't need real villains (except for Kaiba :)); we've got Yami". It's was really something different from what one normally gets to read in this fandom; no annoying friendship-speeches *thumbs up*, no meaningless dialogues, no completely imbecile supporting charas, no "I'm the poor pharaoh without memory" Yami, no "I don't have any personality at all except for being a douchebag (let's use that word so this gets not deleted)" Kaiba...so all in all a great story with a plot that contained more than "Mokoba dies, Kaiba cries and goes emo, Yami cheers 'em up, The End" and great characterisations of the main characters, as well a good timing of when the story would get too angsty and dark, to be concidered the work of someone not having some slight psychic problems. So thank you! That was one hell of a fanfiction. ...Ow and your writing style is great, one can read without wondering whether the author even knows that there actually is something such as a spell/grammar correction programm:) (translating to "super mega awesome hot" XD) So again thanks for writing this. Keep on writing :)

Lg Lu
Chicary chapter 6 . 11/14/2011
Boy was I glad to see this updated! While I did have to revisit the previous chapters to get my bearings, it wasn't difficult getting back on track with this one. It was fun to see Atemhotep again though his motives make it hard to decide what to think of the guy. I was hoping there maybe, might be more to this but the wrap-up was good and worth the wait. Congratulations on finishing this project, you should be proud :)