Reviews for Cemetery Dance
TexasDreamer01 chapter 6 . 12/30/2014
This was... very intensely written. Your characterization is, while not unusual, rare and obliquely handled - interesting. I liked the pace and setting, as well as how you incorporated your headcanons. Neither got in the way of the other and rather more complimented each other.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 5 . 6/18/2014
46. Concurrent dialogues, and perhaps a touch of foreshadowing...?
(I am somewhat in envy of your writing, and thus spurred to improve. And I get really pretentious at this hour of the night- er, morning.)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 4 . 6/18/2014
It's not over yet. But it's finally started.

(...codependence is an understatement to the point of farce, and love is a chain and anchor.)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 2 . 6/18/2014
And the ritual (the sacrifice) itself was very pointedly not shown. (Aagh, there's my imagination kicking in.)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Hm. I'd wondered where the Yami from the first eight volumes went. (Even the anime version was still far more ruthless than Yugi through Duelist Kingdom, but after that... Yeah. Millenia's worth of nasty sneaky crazy don't vanish that easily.)

Okay, this is probably the best characterization of Seto I've ever seen in fanfiction. (That is sad and scary. He's kind of a walking case of weaponized issues on a good day, and without Mokuba - well, this.)
Darkmiror chapter 6 . 3/6/2014
Loved this fic. I really enjoyed the way you wrote Yami's character:) Not to mention the Kaiba brothers:) I'm not usually into the death fics but I got so pissed when work made me have to put down my phone and stop reading this! I didn't want to stop!
Also really liked how for as integral a part of the story as Yami was, you had him more as a secondary character in a way but who still managed to be a main character (if that makes any sense). It was fantastic and I applaud and bow to it. Kaiba's fractured mind was also a stroke of brilliance not just for how you wrote it but for how convincingly and soundly you broke him.
Your writing style is fantasitc and very engaging and descriptive. I felt and saw everything you told and described. It was great! I'm not sure I want to read 'Twist of Fate' just because I liked this version so much lol.
I do have to ask though (because I'm horrible like this), what did the police think of Mokuba's sudden return to life? Someone had to find his body and likely called the cops who would have known he was really dead. I know this is getting too detailed but that's how my mind works lol.
Anyway, great fic. Absolute pleasure to read:) Loved Yami!
CrimsonStrawberry17 chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Lady Fai chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
This story is great too. I love the way you portray Yami in the Yugioh fanfictions of yours that I have read so far.
the hotpocket hunter chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
Holy. Crap. Wow Yami, nothing like raising the dead and cracking jokes.
Lady Solaris chapter 6 . 10/23/2012
Very well written story.
lumecia chapter 6 . 11/28/2011
I'd like to comment this with a quote from one of my favourite shows "I think the right term would be 'a-boo-ya'"

Wow, I really liked your story. It's completely the opposite of what I normally read, but wow! I really do like your interpretation of Atemu's or better Yami's character and also of Kaiba's. It was awesome:9 This wasn't the censored, "nice" version of the charas, but the real, slightly insane homicidal version of the first manga(s). Great job! Your Yami was that dark, that I had a feeling of "yey Season 0 all over again - We don't need real villains (except for Kaiba :)); we've got Yami". It's was really something different from what one normally gets to read in this fandom; no annoying friendship-speeches *thumbs up*, no meaningless dialogues, no completely imbecile supporting charas, no "I'm the poor pharaoh without memory" Yami, no "I don't have any personality at all except for being a douchebag (let's use that word so this gets not deleted)" Kaiba...so all in all a great story with a plot that contained more than "Mokoba dies, Kaiba cries and goes emo, Yami cheers 'em up, The End" and great characterisations of the main characters, as well a good timing of when the story would get too angsty and dark, to be concidered the work of someone not having some slight psychic problems. So thank you! That was one hell of a fanfiction. ...Ow and your writing style is great, one can read without wondering whether the author even knows that there actually is something such as a spell/grammar correction programm:) (translating to "super mega awesome hot" XD) So again thanks for writing this. Keep on writing :)

Lg Lu
Chicary chapter 6 . 11/14/2011
Boy was I glad to see this updated! While I did have to revisit the previous chapters to get my bearings, it wasn't difficult getting back on track with this one. It was fun to see Atemhotep again though his motives make it hard to decide what to think of the guy. I was hoping there maybe, might be more to this but the wrap-up was good and worth the wait. Congratulations on finishing this project, you should be proud :)
kiki2222 chapter 6 . 11/13/2011
Good chapters:)
bubbles chapter 6 . 11/13/2011
I spazzed when I saw this was updated. I spazzed again when i realized it was the end. Good thing I'm home alone right now lol. Anyway the ending was great. Totally unpredictable. I just hate it when I can guess the ending to a story. Now Amelda has to dance with the devil...that's what he gets for killing poor Mokuba.
dragonlady222 chapter 6 . 11/13/2011
I'm actually glad you used Amelda as the villain. I didn't care for himmuch either but, unlike Von Schroeder, he seemed to care for his brother. Yami Yugi threatened Joey, that's amazing but entirely believable. Seto and Mokuba need to be left to live in as much peace as possible. He and Kaiba seem to understand each other a little better now. I'm glad I stuck with you through this. Your writing keeps getting better and better.