Reviews for Attack of the Clones: The Unauthorized Rewrite
Prince Azrael chapter 10 . 2/9
Great follow-up to he first thigh perhaps a little too mature for Star Wars with the sex. Also was it necessary to mention Ventress' breasts everything she appeared?
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 10 . 12/18/2013
Wow... I very much like the more ambitious and conniving Padme than the pure virtuous madonna in the movies. Nice move. And again, brilliant rewrite. This utterly and completely owns what was produced.
pronker chapter 9 . 9/9/2013
I'm enjoying your rewrite very much. The plot, prose and characterizations are striking, just different enough to be interesting and alike enough to where I can picture your characters resembling the actors. jj

So Padme is Force-sensitive enough for Jedi training? Is this the first time it's come up, or did I miss something earlier?

Happy writing,

pronker
deadpoolhulk chapter 10 . 11/7/2012
that bit with our dear General Grevous was the best death scene i have had the pleasure of reading. (plus when i realised the implications of what he said i was blown away) you are an insanely tallented writter
Just a Lurker chapter 10 . 12/14/2011
Absolutely fantastic. I have always found the prequels themselves to be a bit underrated, not on the level of poor quality most place them, but I can't possibly say that your versions are not vastly superior. I'm always particularly entertained by your portrayals of the Sith (especially Dooku) and General Grievous. Your Grievous brings us back to his golden Tartakovsky age, which is much needed and a breath of fresh air, and his death scene was beautiful.

I found it extremely clever of you to have the 'Attack of the Clones' title remain appropriate, but in a completely different way from the original films. The idea that technically both the Republic and CIS are using clones in their own ways brings new meaning to the name 'Clone Wars', and the twists of Jango and Ventress both being clones legitimately caught me off guard. I'm really very excited about learning more about Jango in the next installment, an excitement that is only made possible by your willingness to *save* characters for the future, rather than have different ones pop up in each 'movie' and then quickly get the axe, as the prequel films do.

Padme and Anakin are also handled in a manner far superior. You explain why she is so willing to fall in love with a younger man (she is attracted to the Qui-Gon-ness in him), and I like how she seems not to have realized her feelings for Qui-Gon until after his death. As for Anakin, he's still full of angst, but that's okay, because again, it is all handled well, with plausibility. Though we regrettably don't get to see much of it, his relationship with Obi-Wan seems much more like the friendly, brotherly one described in the Original Trilogy (he's not all "It's all Obi-Wan's faaaauuuullt, he's holding baaaaaack, wah!").

One thing I'm a tad confused on, if you could clear this up I'd appreciate it. How long of a time span is there between the events of this story and those of your Phantom Menace rewrite? It seems to switch from 'four years ago' to 'nearly a decade' here. And, because I'm curious, how long was Anakin a student in the Jedi Academy?
DarkShura chapter 10 . 10/4/2011
Great story, you need to continue.
C. S. Tolkien chapter 10 . 8/20/2011
Is a shame that is so short, I would liked a more long story, and very good that you dont like censure, show all the bad things that come to war, I really liked this story, is a shame that was to short.

You would write a similar story about Revenge of the Sith?
Feeding-The-Wolves chapter 10 . 8/18/2011
AMAZING, as always. The way you describe battles is so intense; I usually get bored when I'm reading battle scenes, but I always really enjoy yours. I also really liked your version of Grievous' death. It was so, so much better than the way George Lucas did it. As if someone as powerful as Grievous could be killed by a couple of shots with a blaster.

Also, I love the way you've constructed the relationship between Anakin and Padme. The romantic stuff in the movies is cringe-worthy, but I think you've done a really good job with it. I think romance is always more effective when there's sex involved. But maybe that's just me. :D

Anyway, amazing chapter! Keep it up! :)
Feeding-The-Wolves chapter 9 . 8/3/2011
I just re-read both your rewrites of The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, and I still can't believe how amazing they are! I'm so glad I read them again, because I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy, and since my seizures are caused by reading, I was kind of afraid to read anything for a while. But your stories have really helped me to get over my fear and start reading again. I know that sounds so stupid and cliched, but it's actually true! Thankyou so much! Please keep writing :)
astudentscribe chapter 9 . 2/28/2011
Very interesting. The portrayals of each perspective - let alone the individual characters - hold much greater depth than either the film or novelizations of the same. Both this and the earlier rewrite of the Phantom Menace provide a more realistic look at the events of the prequels while still making it -feel- like Star Wars. The only major point of contention I would note is the structural concern with switching of viewpoints without a denotation of that happening, and even that has been addressed in the most recent chapters.

I'm very much looking forward to the rest of Attack of the Clones - especially to see how things play out in setting up for (I presume) Revenge of the Sith. Excellent work thus far, can't wait for the next installment.
Imperial warlord chapter 9 . 2/26/2011
Awesome chapter.
Excelsior chapter 3 . 2/24/2011
The one problem with this fic is that it focus way too much in the less important characters, giving them the spotlight when in most cases they were underlings and overall weaker than the others. Grievous, for instance, is a main character in this and the previous fic, where in canon he was pretty much Sidious and Dooku's puppet. He was less powerful than them, and less smart, and pretty much keeps running away from every engagement. Hardly plot material if you ask me. Asajj is hugely overrated, and it's made clear when she has to face Dooku or Yoda and gets the crap beaten out of her with ease. Even Anakin in the old Clone Wars beat her as a padawan, when he got tired of her bull and went all out with her. The only thing that keeps her alive is that the Jedi are too good to kill her at once, which they should. As soon as someone goes all out, she'd done. Which brings us to Maul. Of all things in these two fics, he's the biggest disappointment. Such an interesting character which had no time 'on screen' when he was more powerful than both Grievous and Ventress. Obi Wan attacks him completely enraged in Episode 1 and gets his ass handed to him (that is, until he jumps and kills Maul in a scene that frankly didn't make any sense) Had Maul survived, things would have gone differently. I'm not saying he would have overthrowed Sidious - doesn't look likely to me - but it would have been twice as dramatic if the Obi Wan/Anakin vs Dooku fight in Episodes 2 and 3 were against Maul. In here, he's shunned as an extra, replaced with Grievous and Ventress. It's clear you like them, but you should consider than Palpatine, Dooku, Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda are far superior and deserve more time and attention to properly elaborate the plot. We get that Grievous hates the Jedi; it's time to move on.

On the other hand, the way Dooku and Palpatine destroy the Jedi's credibility and the republic itself is so GOOD that it's sad the movies didn't go with it. The Jedi were enthroned bastards by the time of the prequel trilogy, and it baffles me how little that was elaborated upon, both in canon and fanfictions. Seeing it here it's awesome. The idea of a second sith triunvirate is quite catching, although I suspect Palpatine is - as usual - playing his apprentices and intends to get Vader as his only fellow sith. I'll have to wait and see. I'm delighted there's no Jar Jar, and that Padme's shallow 'politics' are easily outmatched by Sidious and Dooku's actually intelligent plot. Excellent job with that.

So, I'll conclude with this: less Grievous and more Dooku, Anakin and Obi Wan. Other than that, write on. Seeing this fic is sad in a way, because it shows how much better the prequel trilogy could have been.
Hadrian 23rd Earl of Richmond chapter 6 . 8/5/2010
good story
Imperial warlord chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
Awesome chapter.
Feeding-The-Wolves chapter 5 . 4/8/2010
I really like the way you've changed Anakin so he isn't annoying. It's weird not having to hate him! I also like how Dooku has a lot more depth to him, rather than just simply being the bad guy. Great job as always.