Reviews for The Gift
Irene34 chapter 1 . 3/28
So sweet, thanks
summerartist chapter 1 . 2/3
I know you probably get a lot of reviews, but I just want to say this piece is refreshingly unique. (And in-character, as most of your fics. are) I recoiled when Amanda slapped Spock in that scene too. I'm happy an apology was in order here. I'm also glad that we got an insight as to the emotions behind her marriage and her longing to see Spock's more tender side to his character. It was clever to have a not-so-neutral party observe the scene between her son and the captain. It makes me long for more fic. where Amanda watches. This is quite a lovely fic.
keembur chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
awesome story so cute
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Beautiful.
c-wolf chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Thanks to Saphura's unofficial rules stories, and Boodragon01's Security chief stories, I'm catching up to yours out of Booddragon01's favorite stories.

Gotta admit.. While fanfiction can't be considered canon, this is still increasing my enjoyment of the original series. At least some of this could be considered Kirk's canon personality traits if someone stared at it the right way.
Milton Perry chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Jim is a cheeky rascal. This doesn't surprise much. Amanda, however, doesn't lack astuteness neither. It is very funny and entertaining to watch both of them collude to frame their innocent favourite Vulcan. As I may say: Spock, you performed abdominately ;)
Terahlyanwe chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
d'awww. I love Spock's mother in nearly all portrayals of her.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I found this story to be deeply touching.
ValKriston chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I'm so glad that I found this story (while I was originally searching for something else), this was so enjoyable to read! Thank you so very much!
cilepe chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Awwww. Wonderful little snippet. :)
Mister D8a chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Beautiful.

James
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
What a nice little story )

And somehow so very likely to happen. No matter what character I look at, I belive all are acting just as they would

Besides: I do like the idea.
DragonflyonBreak chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I love this story. It's amazing and brilliant and I think it's a great missing scene from the episode. I love the interactions between Kirk and Spock- you do them sooo well!
MilleniumHeart323 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
THIS STORY WAS SUPER AMAZING!

I was just 'aww'ing the entire time

You wrote Spock and kirks relationship beautifully and I was just hanging on every word

Great story :)

Very awesome
Irene14 chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Aww, warm fuzzies!

I agree with other reviewers-an excellent portrayal of Spock's vulcan vs human side. Your explanations of the complexities of Lady Amanda's emotions and struggles with the human/vulcan culture is amazing! Even better that she could see what her son speaks of in his communiques (btw, love how you describe Spock's 'letters home').

Love how Kirk plays it up a little for Lady Amanda (what a showman!), Bones's cussing out the ambassador *hee hee* as well as his unabashed eavesdropping, and his slightly grumpy responses.

All in all, excellent work!

Oh, and just perfect, cherry-on-top ending with the mini-meld Spock does. Awww!