Reviews for Softly, Like a Song
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 2/11
Very enjoyable. The series has finally gotten here, too, though after a good deal more anguish, delay, and confusion. Your Jane and Lisbon are younger, somehow more innocent. Thanks for writing it.
meanderling chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Why does every story you write make me want to randomly run up to you and hug you? I...don't know. But that's okay.

Uh.

Sorry for being creepy.
PhaxHalfelven chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
wonderful job...this is a well written, beautifully flowing story that is actually plausible. bravo, yaba, bravo
Syd15 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Ohhhhh, it ends the way it started, with Jane smelling Lisbon's hair. There'sno chance I wouldn't love a fic like this one.

And they've been together for 3 years, sooooo cute!

About Red John's death... Amazing! I lobe that it wasn't a bullet or a confrontation with Jane or the team that killed him but something as normal as a car crash. It's true that after so many atrocities people start to believe that the killer is some kind of demon that can't die... But oh no, he's just as human as anyone else...

Thank you for writing this, I really enjoyed it!

Btw, I'm glad my reviews are making you smile because somehow that makes me feel a little bit better for enjoying your srories WAY TOO MUCH!

I won't event count how many words I've read so far XDD
PJaneL chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
It is beautiful! Slow and sweet and very much in character. I really like how you arranged for the death of RJ even though I know it will never happen that way in the show...not dramatic enough!
24Mentalistlover chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Awwwwwwwwww,this was beautiful. :) I loved it. :):)
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Ok. So I said I was going to read more of your stories and I picked this one...well, randomly really but that's beside the point. I loved this. And I feel as if love is not even a strong enough word. This story had me grinning for the better part of the day and I'm not even ashamed to admit that lol!

First of all, the entire idea behind this is brilliant. The fact that she starts realising he might have feelings for her because he smells her hair? That's so perfect somehow. And even something Jane might have done, just let his self-control slip for a minute.

Not to mention that I happen to adore 5 of the 6 songs you chose, very fitting! Never heard of the Edwin McCain one but I must go youtube that one. Needless to say, this is definitely a fave. Your writing style is also very appealing, you stay true to the characters which is still something I prefer.

- Cathy
Ella Beau chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I truly loved this fanfic, I liked the way they took things slowly, and everything after RJ's death ... the way things developed...
anthropologist chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I cannot believe I haven't read or reviewed this one yet. Yana, this is truly a beautiful story. I just love the delicate tone of the whole piece, and that even though there is basically no sadness in the whole Jane-Lisbon dynamic, the story isn't corny at all. It's gentle and romantic and sweet, and it just makes me feel so lighthearted and happy now that I'm done reading. I like your diction a lot, and this story is just as good as any of your others, even though it's much lighter in many ways. I love your portrait of their relationship, so much. It's nice sometimes to think of how happy they could be, and nothing else. I also think you are so very creative for choosing Jane to give his wedding ring to Lisbon - I don't think I've ever seen that done before. Wonderful story, words can't even express!
forthecoast chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Okay, so this fic will always hold a very special place in my heart because it was the very first story of yours I read, WAY BACK BEFORE I KNEW YOU. *sniff* Look at me being nostalgic, bb.

I love everything about this, from the style to the variety of music you chose (I still have a soft spot for Michelle Branch, I cannot lie). This is wonderfully romantic while being both realistic and not over the top. And the ending, SIGH, I adore the idea of him giving her his ring.

Hee. Rereading this (for probably the 50th time) made my night.
Polly83 chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
This is one of my favourite stories ever. Six snapshots, six pivotal moments of their life, all beautifully written. I like them so much that they unconsciously float around my brain and have an impact on my way of seeing the characters. I can't really explain, I can just say that I love this story.
Avide chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
!

She gets the ring? Wow, I love that. Gigantic step for Jane, extremely meaningful gesture to Lisbon.
Viktorija chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
I absolutely loved it!And you,like tromana,have an interesting idea of RJ's death,great job!
talking of michelangelo chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Oh, my gosh. The ending gave me chills. Those last few lines were PERFECT, spot on. I really liked this. You managed to pack a lot into a one-shot! It was beautiful and very well-written, going on my faves :)
brilliantly confused chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Absolutely fabulous; absolutely. You have such a great take on these two characters and it feels like a natural sequence of events that could happen for these two. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff, specifically an update to Running Through Red Lights!