Reviews for The Slow Thaw
Essdinatalie chapter 21 . 7/25
To each their own. This is definitely a magical study on Stockholm syndrome. I’m making up my own epilogue in my head that after 2 years H has enough therapy to stay away from D
Feiliar chapter 14 . 6/23
On my third or fourth reread. I love this fic. This Draco is totally swoon worthy, I don’t care if he is also unhinged.
jamesh2o chapter 7 . 4/6
I never understood this chapter as a teen reading it. As an adult, I see just how dark this truly is. I am conflicted if this is art or something more sinister
amk41196 chapter 21 . 12/16/2021
Totally loved this story... Thanks for the great read
MagicisFidem chapter 21 . 11/16/2021
Loved it! Love everything you write.
spmalf0y chapter 21 . 9/22/2021
omg im so happy they will eventually get a happy ending
Guest chapter 21 . 9/10/2021
10/10
Olivia Barnes chapter 21 . 8/30/2021
In a world that is upside down, familiarity is a powerful draw. It is understandable and poignant why they would end up together. Great story.
Guest chapter 21 . 8/30/2021
Gritty, visceral and an extremely satisfying story. Just to say, I hope you ignore comparisons to other stories/authors made by reviewers. (I’m sure they neglect to read how long you’ve been posting). With your talent, style and observations just stay as you are.
Aurora Draco Malfoy chapter 21 . 8/12/2021
Draco was pretty awful First. He had redeemed some way and he is insane. And I am glad they would have a happy ending. Hermione and Draco deserves it
Judgingyou23 chapter 21 . 8/5/2021
Draco in this story was basically Rodolphus Lestrange in acabw. I kept waiting for the narrative to reveal some hidden motivation behind his actions, hoped that Hermione would stay with Snape and get some peace, and then finally hoped she would have her own survived-the-war happy ending (Draco-less). Alas, it was not to be.
herxy chapter 21 . 8/2/2021
This was a pretty good ending to an otherwise grim story. I can totally understand her surrendering to love. It really is tiring to always keep feeling anger and hate. It feels good to finally let go.
totogo chapter 21 . 6/1/2021
Fluffy fics have their time and place, but there's something raw and riveting about dark war-torn or post-war fics and obsessive, epic love.

I can't judge noncon bc I read it, but I wish there was a disclaimer for younger readers like, "this is just fantasy, in real life this is not love, it's abuse".

And can you please, PLEASE post all your works on archiveofourown? I feel like everyone's there these days and you'll get a lot of new readers. I'm mostly on ao3 so I didn't discover you until I saw Ariel Riddle's fic rec page on tumblr.
ObliviateTom chapter 21 . 5/25/2021