Reviews for The Slow Thaw
MalfoysMuggleMrs chapter 21 . 3/20
Loved it! Really enjoyed reading this :) Great job.
Oof, I didn't like the ending. I don't know if I agree with the others about romanticize get rape... But certainly the cheerful ending negated the entire serious implications of rape. . It would have been more interesting, now that hermione is no longer just surviving, to have seen the emotional implications of dealing with her trauma. The ending felt like you threw that out the window. But seeing as this story is so old now and you've had years to develop your writing, I won't bother commenting more on that. Anyway, it kept me engaged and I liked how mentally unhinged malfoy was.
I'm 7 years late to the party, and I usually don't give review but I have to for this story. There's some many post-war Dramione fics where she falls in love with him because... Well "Stockholm syndrome" I suppose except, it's never satisfactory and its out of character. It's illogical given the circumstances and always detracts from the story. So I love how we see his twisted obsession with her, and how up until now she continues to do the only thing she can: survive. I love how you actually looked at this from the CHARACTER of hermione and not you, the author, pretending to be hermione (ie a lot of these stories have hermione being all lusty for malfoy even though in the given situations it doesn't make sense). And lastly, I really love how you have hermione focusing on the weather when she's being raped, because of course she would want to have her mind focused on anything else than what is happening. Essentially, the content is horrifying, but you write the entire topic very well.
twigirl3 chapter 10 . 1/6
boy Draco fits the bill for abusive husband/boyfriend in this story doesn't he. choke you half to death then tell you I will never hurt you. Yeah that logic sucks
NotProcrastinating chapter 21 . 12/27/2016
*wipes tears because this story is fucking beautiful and you are amazing* I... I really don't know what to say and I really am actually tearing up on my right eye. This was so amazing thanks you so so SOOOO much for writing this. I like how you lead to the reveal that Draco was actually really obsessingly in love with Hermione, and it is slowly revealed to us the same way she discovers it. Except it was already pretty obvious the first few chapters. *oughcough* Hermione, Jesus Christ girl.
But I really love the way Draco's obsession and love for her is twisted, makes sense seeing how the way he was raised and how the war eventually drove him. Oh and not to mention how he always loved her ever since their Hogwarts days.
Although, I don't condemn the abuse Hermione was given in any way shape or form it is nice to see Draco also suffer because of how much he loves her too much. But in a twisted way makes you spathize with him sort of with the shit he also went through. I'm sort of glad that Hermione still managed to give him a chance at the end despite everything.
Ahhhhh I can't thank you enough for writing this wonderful story, seriously. It was totally worth reading this for 4 hours, I just couldn't stop as soon as I began reading the first chapter. Thanks once again for taking the time to write and finish this, I hope you have an amazing day/night! Happy holidays to you as well! :))
happiness8000 chapter 21 . 12/15/2016
The title is very apt. It's angsty, messy and everyone's screwed up but a great read.
HelpmeHermione chapter 21 . 11/21/2016
Well done. Kept my interest. Dark, yet interesting. Thank you.
Mistress-Cinder chapter 21 . 11/16/2016
Oh My Goddess! Your Dracos are always a mess. They are smart and clever and tragic and dominate. Your Hermiones are tough and pragmatic and smart. I have been enjoying your Dark Court so I thought I would read one of your older stories.
Zaphyro azul chapter 21 . 11/4/2016
Like it very much! You manage really awsome your stories, your manage of sex themes is just FLAWLES, like in utterly despicable, one of my favorites, congratulations!
Celety chapter 21 . 11/2/2016
That to most amazing and right ending I have ever read
Shai chapter 21 . 10/27/2016
This is a great story. I love how desprete Draco to have Hermione. I do hope you make a story again (one shot will do) that shows their lives after Draco was released in Azkaban.
Missyr256 chapter 21 . 10/26/2016
It's strange how you can manage to hate and pitty someone at the same time. Draco was a real ass hole in this one but I guess in the end he was being disillusioned and actually thought he was doing Hermione a favour. I think they were both being victims. It's a really Dark story but a nice change from all the fluff and Dramione suddenly loving each other and bla bla bla... well written I really enjoyed it
Smokezombie96 chapter 21 . 10/4/2016
I loved the story. I truly did but this ending... this ending didn't do the rest of the story justice at all. You should definitely think about resuming with the story and work out a better ending. other than that I loved it!
Guest chapter 21 . 10/3/2016
i loved the ending ssoooooo much!
vickety chapter 21 . 9/3/2016
Well, hmmm. I wish there was a little more. This was good though. I wonder what happened to Snape. Death I guess. Did Longbottom know who saved him? Or why? Your dystopian stories are interesting. I liked your idea of the smuggle battles. Good job.