Reviews for The Slow Thaw
flowerpower55 chapter 21 . 7/19
I just read this over all at once after years. I'm really amazed.
aimsm chapter 21 . 6/15
Interesting perspective. Good plot. Liked your style of writing. I always enjoy a happy ending.
Vampire.Searcher chapter 21 . 5/22
Epilogue
WISHED YOU SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN UP INTO THEIR MARRIAGE TOO...THANK YOUU FOR THIS AWESOME PIECE OF WORK
AnnaOxford chapter 21 . 5/5
It's weird how lighthearted this is, but at the same time I guess it's very hopeful. But both Hermione and Draco are wildly delusional.
AnnaOxford chapter 4 . 5/4
That was so cruel of Malfoy, but smart.
AnnaOxford chapter 3 . 5/4
It's kinda scary how detached she is, reminds me of Luna.
AnnaOxford chapter 2 . 5/4
I know I've read this, but I don't remember much.
i know this is old but its got to be one of the worst if the the worst shit ive ever read
Lady Reese Kightkens chapter 21 . 2/6
Very interesting story you have here. Although this story is nearly five years old, I will still leave you a review of your story. On that note, I will say this is the first story of yours that I have read, though I do intend to read some of your new works to see how you have developed overtime.

First of all, the plot you ran with was pretty good (even though I am fully devoted to Snape's character and was upset that he stayed on the wrong side until his death in this story). I think your portrayal of Hermione as a character who is just going through the motions after losing everything was believable. I don't know if you intended your writing style to reflect her indifference, but somehow it worked. Normally, I would critique a writer on telling events of the story rather than showing, but your work seemed to benefit from the lack of description. The beginning of the story was a bit of a struggle to keep the momentum up. There were quite a few spelling errors and word mix ups (ex: using "would" instead of "could" or "there" instead of "their"), but you seemed to hit your stride about halfway through. The last chapters flowed easier than the first several.

Reading the other commentators on this story, I can see there is a bit of an uproar over glamorizing rape in this fiction. I believe fanfic (and fiction in general for that matter) is supposed to take us to places where we ourselves cannot go. I don't particularly see this story supporting rape, but more of a perspective on Stockholm Syndrome. True the end was a little too happy for my taste, but you are the author not me or other readers. In particular, it does seem that it would make more sense that Hermione and Draco would come to the consensus that their original relationship was volatile even if it did lead to some confusing feelings. You have written Draco to be lacking in a sense of remorse for his actions, and I think that is what rubbed people the wrong way. Personally, I think it would have been better for them to have a fresh start and try to get to know each other as they have developed past the horrors of their situations.

Overall, a decent story you have here. My main advice here would be to keep writing and honing your skill. You are certainly able to invoke emotion in reader, but your execution seems to be lacking a bit. Again, I know this story is old, so my advice might be pointless once I read your newer stories. Either way, I did enjoy the story and will be reading your other work. Thanks!
Guest chapter 21 . 12/28/2015
This was really good. I love how Hermione didn't just fall in love with him immediately because that kind of thing takes time I guess
Nikki chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
I felt like I was about to cry at the end. I honestly don't know whether I love this story or hate it. You've gotten my heart into a jumbled mess, I really wished they had more chemistry and love. It was so suppressed and a lot of forced love that it was hard for me to understand that Draco really loved her. The ending I felt doesn't fit the story, it's a bit rushed.
YearofDragons chapter 21 . 11/6/2015
OMG I loooovvvveeeeeedddd the ending. Just enough but it doesn't make you feel like WTF?! It made the story just end right. Thank you for the beautiful story! More people should read this!
YearofDragons chapter 4 . 11/6/2015
Oh men Draco is good fooled her but somehow I knew that was the plan.
DeNilePrincess chapter 21 . 10/26/2015