Reviews for Ghosts
Vanessa Masters chapter 4 . 3/16/2014
Awww I love the Thane romance, it's so...pure, and emotionally cleansing, I think.
Kudara chapter 14 . 2/25/2012
An interesting observation about how being saved by the other races will change humanity because I've often wondered if the average human up to this point hasn't really felt very welcomed by the other races.

Attacked by the turians, then all the good areas are taken forcing us to settle the outskirts where we get constantly attacked by raiders and slavers and denied help by the Council.

Really it's not that much of a surprise that Cerberus gets alot of backing from those who only know the PR and not the truth about them.
Wyolake chapter 4 . 2/20/2012
Wow. This was a beautiful and touching chapter. I love your description of their feelings.

Absolutely beautiful writing.
Acalla chapter 13 . 1/12/2011
This story was so moving. I thoroughly enjoyed your style of writing as well as the life you breathed into the characters and their relationships. Im sad that you never uploaded the epilogue though!
Inverness chapter 7 . 7/11/2010
"I had been hoping it wouldn't come to this, but hearing him talk of using that technology... the arrogance to think that we could control it when we know nothing about it..."

That is exactly why you would save the base in the first place, so you can study it so you'll no longer be ignorant. Know thy enemy. It's pretty implausible to think that TIM would use the technology without knowing how it works.
CottoncandyGk chapter 13 . 7/11/2010
I dont know if i ever reviewed this story but i'll tell you right now that it made me happy, giddy and cry.

I think i love you. Hahahaha.

This is so wonderful and i can't wait for the end.

Though Thane's passing made me sob i forgive you for now.

:P

i just hope in ME3 he lives!

D':
Buritsu chapter 4 . 5/18/2010
Great story so far keep up the good work!
DeletedxxAccount chapter 12 . 5/3/2010
I'm excited to see what the final (I assume, excluding a potential epilogue) chapter brings! :D Personally, if the peanut gallery may throw in their opinion, I'd rather see Kaiden and Shepard's relationship stay platonic... I just can't see your Shepard getting over Horizon. No matter what happens, though, you're a great writer!
Jen DeClan chapter 12 . 5/3/2010
Nice way to move past all she has to do to secure help from the other species. And the point that the CO only reveals so much of their true selves, even if the team has become her friends. I liked that you used the krogan ritual as an in for her with them. And yes, Shepard, it is time!

Only one little nitpick and I see it all the time in FF, but in both games every species other than Reapers and Protheans start with small case. geth instead of Geth. turian instead of Turian, asari instead of Asari. This was something I found unique in Mass Effect. Anyway, all else was golden, so only a tiny crit. Looking forward to the next.
Jen DeClan chapter 11 . 4/21/2010
Well, I really liked the song! It was fluffy a little, but showed the loyalty and how far Shepard and her team has come. I really wanted to see what Garrus thought of his gift and you cut him out of the scene? Oh, well,being a writer myself, I know you can't give everyone what they want or you'd never be able to finish a chapter. All in all, it was enjoyable and the different pace was kind of needed since she's got to be on sensory overload by now with the recent death of her love Thane. So, thanks, and I look forward to the next one.
Persephone Chiara chapter 10 . 4/21/2010
Oh awesome, I'm sobbing my eyes out here!

Just so beautiful. I love Thane. And he better BE in ME3!
Jen DeClan chapter 10 . 4/6/2010
Okay, so I am actually crying here and I told myself you know it's coming, but you did it so poetically and sweetly and this is one of the best Thane/Shep fics I've ever had the pleasure to read. I only hope Kaidan has had time to realize what was to him two years and some months was to her like yesterday and they can come to a peaceful solution, whether it's getting back together or just becoming friends again. Such a lovely story-so touching and so well done and I can see the research done by you as to the treatments. EXCELLENT!
kiwibliss chapter 10 . 4/6/2010
Maybe long, but very good. The insight into Thane's past was interesting reading. I don't know that that hanar would be difficult about releasing a drell from the compact, but that is completely up for interpretation as there's no real canon for it (other than Thane's commentary about being released to be married).

I love the perspective on differing kinds of love and how each is just as important as the other. It always surprises me when people can't see that it's possible to have more than one great love in your lifetime. This was a lovely chapter, overall.
kiwibliss chapter 9 . 4/6/2010
While it's still very sad to read, I realize that this is one of the many likely conclusions to Thane's story. You are handling it well, without dipping into an overabundance of angst, which makes it much easier to read. I do like the idea of Thane sharing his memories with Shepard and Kolyat as well. It's a very sweet gesture.

You had a few spelling mistakes here and there. I can point them out if you are really interested.
Sasha Feine chapter 9 . 4/3/2010
of course I woild be keeping up, I can't help but to think that there may be some way our dark beauty may live on, even if it is only in memories. i guess you hope against hope that there is something that will change, but in realiyt (kind of ironic since this is a fictional tale) this is usually not the case. I get the very real sense that the pair is simply choosing not to overlook his illness, but to embrace it and look beyond. they dont want to wallow, they just want, and need for that matter, to enjoy the time they have left. It may be coming but by god they dont have to take it with completly heavy hearts...do they? Great chapter, Kolyat...goodness what a cliffhanger!