Reviews for Matters Of The Heart
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Moon Prynces chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
That was beautiful!

From the way it was written to the characters, I loved it. Watching as Lily's confidence and decisiveness dissolved in one moment that led to her "downfall" was amazing. It is usually the small things, isn't it? Even better was that James saw his opening and was relentless. It was all so adorable. XD

(I wish I could write a better review but I'm kind of sick at the moment.)

But thank you for the read and this is going on my favs list so I can read it again in the future!

MadameCissy chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
I loved this. I love how Lily finally realises how she feels and the slighty arrogance in James. Brilliant pairing and lovely written.
whispered touches chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Whoa. That was amazing. It was such a charged moment, it was just... just wow. Great job.
x-NewGirlInTown-x chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I absolutely love the way you write Lily and James :) At the start, I found myself getting a little confused because of sentence length, but that's probably more down to the fact that I'm tired than anything else :P

Your characterisation was spot on, and the chemistry you create between these two characters is great! Awww-some work! :P :D

'"Go out with me Lily." It wasn't a question this time.'

Favourite line. _
Schermionie chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
'"No," he said pleasantly from just behind my left shoulder.'

I loved that description! 'Pleasantly'. *snorts*

This was a nice read, if a little bit unremarkable. The ending was really the only bit that struck me I'm afraid, but then I'm generally a bit ambivalent to this pairing.

There were a few technical problems, too, for example: '"Let go," I finally got out, my entire body trembling and I wished desperately that I could make it stop – but I couldn't.'

That sentence just doesn't flow right, and there were a few others like it. I would suggest:

'"Let go," I finally got out. My entire body was trembling and I wished desperately that I could make it stop – but I couldn't.'

Something like that, perhaps?

But on the whole, this is technically sound. The situation sort of took a few short turns I felt, but you worked very well with the first person, and it was sweet.

I don't think this is your best fic, but I did enjoy it. :)
HerTaintedQuill chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I really liked this. Good job. I liked how James got rejected by Lily and Lily's insults.
superhusbands chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I loveloveLOVE the end :) These are my favourite kind of LilyJames stories and so this was a really nice read for me ;D

'but my heart was whispering something completely different, more quiet, yet I was so much more compelled to listen'

That was really cute
Tyche Nemesis chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
This is really sweet! It fits the quote really well, I love it :)
EmeraldGoddess52 chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Awww! That was such a sweet story!
Zombie Reine chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Oh wow, this story gave ME butterflies. I don't know it was so, romantic, realistic, amazing! I got chills reading it and my tummy got all quivery. I loved it. :]
controlled climb chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Ooh! I liked this!

I love Lily's uncertainty and the way in incorporated that quote (it fitted the fic perfectly, by the way).

James is so sweeeet! Persistent, but sweet 3

Love it :D
SoUsay234 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
This is such a nice story. I loved the 'stomach flu' part. Great job!
Maybe Honestly chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
This was beyond adorable. I really enjoyed Lily's inner thoughts. You made them both seem very real. Great story :)
Rameelia chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Very sweet. :) I think I'll never grow tired of reading these fics where Lily finally caves in to the demands of her heart. :) A nice and heartwarming ficlet.