Reviews for Only The Good
RogueGambit3 chapter 18 . 6/17/2016
Omg this was such an amazing I'm crying so much
Guest chapter 18 . 6/1/2014
So cute and adorable! That whole fence thing was just perfect too.
DaenerysArcher chapter 18 . 5/24/2014
Oh god. I've been to this story so many times and never read past the first chapter even though the description says happy ending. So I finally decided to bite the bullet and read it in one day. I haven't cried so much in a long time. It's horrible and beautiful all at once and I think you've captured the mourning process perfectly with Rogue. I'm just going to go and cry into a tub of ice cream now.
SiriusBlackFan2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
OMG! I can see now that this one is going to break my heart. Sigh...
Veronique Ruthven chapter 18 . 12/27/2013
This is brilliant, you have me spilling my tears and making my head ache because of chapter 12, you have me awwing over the proposal with the fence. Freaking amazing! Gosh I love this piece. Very good overall.
Nightshade X chapter 18 . 12/6/2013
A thought occurred to me about halfway through this and I see it looks to be relatively true at the end- though I might have mentioned it before: St. John sort of got a heck of a write off.

Had the final little arc not been a thing, it would've worked well and made sense. Remy's gone and John freaks out and runs away not just from the scene in a panic, but seemingly from the X-Men as well. It's a good scene, probably my favorite of the story- but if it's never addressed afterward, then Remy's going to be a bit disappointed when he's never met by that tackle.

I know it's not really about him, but when the fallout was addressed I feel like there should've been something. Maybe between him and Piotr. I guess that might have worked against the tone before it was finished and had "good end" in the description, though.
I don't know, I don't guess it takes away from the core of the story or anything. I still really enjoy the piece, but it just... bugs me a little.
MakingT'ingsGoBoom chapter 18 . 11/4/2013
Oh god! I was crying all the way through this! :'(

It's just so SAD! Especially the part where Scott has to drag Rogue away from Gambit's dying body :'(

I'm so glad there was a happy ending though! :)
Yuki chapter 18 . 10/2/2013
Beautiful story. I'm sobbing like mad. Please write more Romy stories.
alesin123 chapter 18 . 9/8/2013
You made me cry and it's pretty damn hard to make me cry so congratulations, my pillow is now wet with my tears.
Angry Pencil Wielder chapter 17 . 9/4/2013
I have to add something, a head cannon I think. But I always imagined Remy having a slight healing factor, with his bodies massive conversion of energy. Like Logan but slowed down. With that, I imagine any cancer he would develope would heal shortly after. Again, much like Logan and how cigars. Just a thought.
Angry Pencil Wielder chapter 18 . 9/4/2013
I highly recommend NOT reading a feel shattering, emotionally draining, kick in the gut, and wet sobbing fic at midnight. I'm surprised no one woke up with my crying. But you gave us a happy ending. This tore me up but the end stitched me up enough to smile. A pained smile, one that leaves a bitter taste but enough hope to ignore it. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! My chest fells like it's being ripped apart. *more gross sobbing* I love you and I hate you. Now get me some tissues.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 17 . 11/27/2012
Captain Hook,
I'm reading this for the 3rd or 4th time and I'm struck again by how well written this is. You strike all the right emotional notes.
Auua
MaddAlice chapter 18 . 9/23/2012
Wow, harsh at the beginning I'll be honest ('cuz let's face it, it's Gambit,) but you managed to maintain some level of funny in there that helped me get through. Thank You. Now that's over with, I have to say that last line cracked me up!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 18 . 5/11/2012
Hey Jamie,

So it's like 11 o clock here and I've been reading this for over an hour straight and you don't know - or maybe you do - how emotionally draining it is even to read about something like this. Your story is amazing, plot, characterization, language & diction, and expecially emotion - everything.

xcuse me now but I feel kindof like Remy as he woke up in the hospital - all numb and torn through with emotion like (can you feel phantom pain from reading about someone getting hurt?) and really, really, really, tired and I'm gunna go to bed.

G'd night

Auua
laniDG11 chapter 18 . 4/27/2012
I don't think I've cried so much in all my life! D: it this the end?