Reviews for Regrets
TwilightWakerofTime chapter 14 . 11/12/2011
You KNOW you have a good story when you're still getting reviews eight years later.

This, honestly, is one of the best fics I've read. I love horror/angst stories, especially those where Link must suffer through some kind of internal struggle. You skillfully crafted a story that fits all of my criteria. I was impressed that you made the story serious, dark, and tense, yet still managed to add humor every once and a while that made me grin. Your characters were extremely loveable - I never really have been a huge fan of the Malink pairing, but I strangely found myself praying for Malon and Link's relationship to grow beyond just friends. In fact, I was surprised that it didn't.

Even your OC's were well characterized, and I didn't feel like they were in the way. It's difficult to do that, so I applaud you.

And finally, your style. It's beautiful! I truly wasn't expecting much when I first clicked here; I thought for a while that I'd read every worthy Zelda story had to offer. I was wrong. Horribly wrong. This was beyond great - it was incredible. I think this could have easily been an original story that could have been lengthened and published. ...Of course, I'm more partial towards Zelda stories than original ones (at least as of late), so I'm overjoyed that it was a fanfiction.

I'm definitely favoriting this - something I haven't done for a long time. When I first joined this site (about a year ago) I favorited every "decent" story I found, but now I have very high expectations. You surpassed them with flying colors.

I was devastated when I reached the end, because I enjoyed it so much. Is it possible for you to consider writing a sequel? Or maybe a prequel? I'd even be content with a new Zelda fanfiction in a similar style to this one. It's been many years, I know... but I can still hope, can't I?
heartlesshybrid chapter 14 . 9/6/2009
oh my gosh. this has to be one of my favorite stories. I love how well written it is. THANK YOU FOR EXISTING AND WRITING THIS STORY! :D This is what I am constantly searching for. This is the highlight of my day. You just made my day. Be proud of your amazing writing skills.
Mase992 chapter 14 . 6/18/2007
You don't know how much I cried with this final chapter. You have NO idea...
Kefka-Keith chapter 14 . 3/16/2006
I really did enjoy nearly all of this very good fanfic, but as a few others and I belive you yourself stated, the ending was a bit weak. Otherwise all the characters were very well done (Especially your portrayal of Malon, who is adorably positive and upbeat to counter Link's bemused and introspective personality and the brooding story in general) and the plot was interesting. But it seems at one point you got bored, fed up, or out of ideas with writing it and just rushed through to an ending and left a lot of things unsolved. Also lacking was some sort emotional high point between Link and Malon, which I'm assuming there was some sort of "beyond friends" thing you had going on there as I felt it was pretty obvious especially after the beginning of Chapter 4. She kinda gets the short end of the stick in the end, especially after all the emotional ups and downs Link put her through. Not that I wanted a fluffy disney ending, but the character was really far too likable and went through so much for her to not have her happy ending.

But I don't want this to be a negativefest, so I'll compliment you on the style, your ability to move from moments of brooding and darkness to humor, and especially the character interaction with eachother. Thanks for the thrilling read.
CleverTruce chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Been a while since you got a review for this one, but well deserved I think. This story is delightfully original, descriptive, and deep, I had to read it twice to grasp the suggestive details speckled among the chapters. By far the best fanfiction I've read in a long while, and now I'm left craving more. The foreboding descriptions of the death riders and their horses were like candy to the senses, creating the perfect mental images to accompany the desired emotions.

My favorite part of the story was the moment when Link looked over to the death rider beside him and realized how similar they were, as well as the irony that the purest protectors of Hyrule were turned into implements of its destruction, and by princess Zelda's hand! A plot as comprehensive as this is truly a diamond among the dirt that unfortunately plagues many Zelda fanfictions.

Perhaps a prequel is in order? There's so much you could cover, the selection of the death riders, the ritual, how Link got Epona, my brain might explode under the speculation. I realize it's been a long time since you've written Zelda fiction here, but I'd hate to be reduced to a puddle begging on the floor. Prequel or no, thank you for writing such a thought-provoking story, and I look forward to any subsequent additions. *fingers crossed*
Dragon's Hitokiri chapter 14 . 1/16/2005
great fanfic! i loved reading it! you sould really make a sequil to this because it just ended at a cliff-hanger and you could really continue it and make a great new fanfic! other wize the fanfic was great to read i really liked it, and i would have reviewed sooner but my computer messed up and wouldn't let me so... oh well i'm reviewing now anyway once again great fanfic
Plutarch chapter 14 . 1/5/2005
That was one of the most COOLEST stories I have read in my entire life. I love dark fics and this was the total description of dark!
Vash chapter 14 . 7/17/2004
WOW! That was incredible! I was immediately drawn in and couldn't stop reading until the end! Just plain wow!
Hey-Diddle-Diddle chapter 1 . 6/28/2004 So, I started reading this at about ten at night, and didn't go to bed till about two, to finish it. Love love! The darkness in Link, I just loved it. Wonderful story idea, and I liked the fact that Zelda wasn't the great girl she usually is in fics, and Malon was. Very refreshing, to have a switch like that. So many people write stories where Malon's this evil whore, while Zelda's this perfect angel, and it's just nice to get the occasional fic where Zelda's in the wrong. Very nicely done.

Perhaps I'm a sadist (I must be) but I loved the complete anguish Link was in throughout the story. Sure, it kinda threw me off, that he was nice and happy at the end, but he did deserve to be happy, for once. I was just hoping, deep down, in a corner of my heart I seldom like to dust, that he'd go the suicidal route. But I liked that he lived. To prove his point? Ah, well.

Once again, wonderfully done. A great story line, and it had nothing, or not a lot, to do with the triforce. And Ganondorf wasn't evil! That was awesome, totally awesome. And I love Lure. Hmm... Well, that's about it, I think. I suddenly have the urge to go play Zelda.

Prismatic chapter 14 . 6/22/2004
This story was excellent. I normally don't even read AU fiction, but this one drew me in and held fast. It was well-written and intriguing. My only complaint is that it seemed to resolve rather quickly at the end. All in all, a great ride. Thanks!
Saeryn chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Very well done.
Navi Star chapter 14 . 1/11/2004
That was an awsome story! I loved it! At the beggining it was kind of confusing because I was wondering weather this took place after OOT, or MM, but I soon figured out that this story stands all on it's own. It's very good. Your writting is excellent and you have a large range of vocabulary. Congratualtions and Keep up the good work! :)
Bilbo chapter 14 . 9/24/2003
Good story. Enjoyed most of it. Didn't like the ending but it's cool. You wrote good, with lots of talent, good job. Thanks for writing something that was good to read.
Split Infinitive chapter 14 . 9/19/2003
'Tis was well-written. If this is how well you can write when you're being 'half-hearted' (as you seem to indicate in your notes - apologies if I misunderstood), I'd hate - or rather, love - to see what you can pull off when you're devoted to a project.

The Epona/Link thing reminded me of Robin Hobb's work (which is no bad thing).

- Split
Blue Taboo chapter 14 . 9/7/2003
That was an interesting AU...A little angsty for my taste, but interesting enough.