Reviews for Light Within Darkness
Renkin-chan chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
This is completely brilliant and reading it made my night! It seems I can never find any post KH2 fics, let alone any good ones. I like that this focuses on the boys and their relationships with each other and them dealing with life on the islands and how things are different for them and everybody else after being apart so long. This was beautifully written~! )
daily-chan chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
yes...this is a following up to the adventures that i'd believe completely. those two have been gone for so long...for them to just fit directly in again is just wrong so i am glad you didn't do that. the pairing is perfect :D and the story awesome. i truly feel sorry for sora and riku, after everything they've been through...after everything they finally get home, only to find that destiny islands isn't their home anymore but they are eachothers homes. and i truly believe they'd be able to survive anywhere as long as they are together...though a story where they leave destiny islands after all could be nice to anyway...just wanted to say great work. *5 stars and favorites*
Smoresora chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I love how sweet this story is. The way you wrote it was truely flawless. You made every character themelves and the way Riku and Sora just gravitated toward each other throughout the story just like how it could have been in the game. Now if only they accepted your story. XD

But really it was great. You were able to keep the Sora and Riku completely un-OOC and you made the ending so bittersweet. Can't wat to read more of your writing. :)
a quirky little tune chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
This story was honestly amazing. Your characterization of Riku and Sora was just... flawless. You kept Sora as sincere and genuine as he was by the end of KHII. So many authors simply write him as a big goofball, who blushes way too easily, who is hyper or silly or slap-happy. To me, Sora is someone who is happy and childlike, in a way that is uplifting and inspiring, not in a way that is immature. He sees things simply and has a huge capacity to love; that doesn't make him idiotically naive or thick. You just... wow. Rarely do I ever get to read a fanfic with the Sora I know and love from the games starring in it.

As for Riku, many people portray him as a smug jerk. And he does smirk and sound cocky, but (especially in the KHII) I found him to be more complicated and sincere than just some hot jerk. I was literally just watching some of the cutscenes from the end of KHII before reading your story, so I'm even more picky right now about his characterization. You didn't make him confident all the time - I love how you didn't make him a nervous wreck, yet he was more of the passive one, waiting for Sora as opposed to chasing after him. Excellent job!

Also, you made their relationship effortless and natural. Of course, after their adventures, Sora and Riku can't relate to the kids on Destiny Islands anymore and must only rely on each other. From there, a relationship is only inevitable. You made it... sound like it happened. Like it just happened, because that's how things are. And it was fantastic!

Usually, I take the view that Sora and Riku WOULD enjoy life back on the Islands after their adventures, if only for a little while. Or at least, I just integrate them back into their old lives, different but content. But I completely fell in love with your story - especially how the line "The real prize at the end of the adventure", spoken almost disappointedly or emptily earlier in the fic, becomes SWEET and CONTENT at the end. I grinned madly at that part...

This review is extremely long and verbose and I'm sure I didn't make as much sense as I wanted to... Just, in short: Thank you so much for writing this story. I'm sure the author you wrote it for enjoyed it greatly. This was really just what I was looking for - a realistic story with substance that actually revolves around the true characters of my favorite two boys, Riku and Sora.

Sincerely,

a quirky little tune
mochiusagi chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
aw that was cute, but I feel kinda bad for sora and riku since they changed so much, I'm surprised that they were able to live with being normal.
Bonita Son chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
What a lovely story. The situation Sora finds himself in after returning has a touch of realism to me, like how soldiers may feel when they return home. Sora finds a way to bare it and at the end gets Riku for himself.
Digimagic chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
I really loved this~. I love reading stories that go with the struggle Sora and Riku would have re-adjusting to normal life~. This was a lovely read~! Keep writing!
Light Within Darkness chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
YOU! X Are one of the most incredible, awesome, amazing people EVER! This is such a lovely Fic, it really is. I love stories that go into Sora, Riku, and Kairi adjusting to life post-KH II, since the game really glosses over that bit. And it had to have been hard for them...Sora and Riku were gone for two years and were in high stress situations for all or (in Sora's case) most of that time.

I love how you make Namine create false memories and make everyone think Sora, Riku, and Kairi were on Destiny Islands that whole time...and you snuck in Lulu and a teeny bit of AkuRoku too! Genius!

And as usual, I love how you write Sora and Riku. Sora can stand on his own and is a strong person, which is always how I've seen him. (I wish more people would write him that way...) Him and Riku compliment each other perfectly. (Which is a large part of why I love this pairing, actually. :3)

Finally, I love how you described things: Riku's eyes, the sky over Destiny Islands, coming back from the Dark Meridian, it was all perfect! I could see all of it in my head as I read.

I know this is a majorly long review, but you (and this wonderfully amazing Fic) are worth every sentence. MUCH LOVE! 3 3 3

~LWD~