Reviews for Justified
LilVy chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
This was very good! I loved their conversation and how you ended it. Although, the pain that Shepard will feel from her 2nd rejection from Kaidan will probably be even deeper. After that convo, after looking her in the eyes and hearing her story... seeing how she'd been affected, If it had been me, that would absolutely be the last time he would have a chance to reject me. Even if Shepard never finds another love, he would never be in that position again.
Medivi chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Just been browsing here, and so far I've enjoyed your short story the best, staying within the canon and keeping each character true to their possible responses.

While my heart loved the story, my mind did wonder why Kaidan would accept her word that she was dead when he hadn't previously. What changed to make her 'lazarus' story more believable this time around? It's still her word against what he doesn't know is truly possible. Did he get intel that supported what she said? Perhaps he had heard a report about some Lazarus op that no one could find more about? Perhaps she came prepared, wanting to convince him one way or another, and had records to prove her story.

It's a very minor nitpick, you write well and kept the flow perfect. Addressing that element would merely, I think, add just a tad bit of power to your very realistic imagining of what could have been.

Nightodie chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I loved your story Impsy, Shenzi headed me to this and I have to tell you it is very well done. It touched my heart. Thank you!
SageQueen chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
nice. i wish there had been all this in the actual story. the added detail is great.
Nuree chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Oh my goodness, I started tearing up right at the end. Ace writing. 3
Reklar chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Very nicely done, impsy! Very nicely done indeed.

I've played both male and female Shepards through Horizon and each time it's an emotional ending, and even though both Ashley and Kaidan rebuke you harshly no matter which dialogue options you choose, Kaidan's has always hit me harder for some reason; a testament to both the writers and the voice actor. This story captures the essence of how hard it really must be to deal with this kind of situation, to try and protect oneself from such gut-renching pain even when it rips one apart to do it. Both characters are well written, painfully detailed in their thoughts and feelings, and one can't help but get swept up in it and grieve for them.

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, impsy, it's truly a work of art.
waiting4morning chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Oh ouch. This was painful to read, but makes so much sense. I wish there really had been a cutscene like this. I'm guessing, for timeline's sake, that he sends the email after this meeting? Anyway, thanks for writing!
xvmysteryvx chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Quite excellent. I do hope to see your follow up if you decide to write it! :)
Cate Lynn chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Oh, Kaidan doesn't even know how many hearts he's broken since ME2 came out. :( I was devastated. I literally sat there, staring at the screen and spent the rest of the game hoping he'd show up.

More to the review, though... :) I always enjoy your stories. I foud this and went and made myself a cup of tea and got a cookie and thoroughly enjoyed this read. Even as sad as the whole situation is, somehow fics like this tend to make it better just by explaining more than what the game gave us. This fic was so real. So... Shepard and Kaidan. I loved every word... and I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel.
Rinn Harridan chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
What happened on Horizon broke my heart and my Shepard's heart too. Great story. Can't wait to see how Shenko are reunited in Mass Effect 3.
MissDefender93 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Wow..just wow I very much liked this story and the way you portrayed Kaidan's emotions..not only that but Shepard's too. I haven't played part 2 yet but I''m planning to get it because I loved part 1. Anyway a very good job on this one!
ilmiopassato chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Wow, awesome oneshot! This was a very emotional post-reunion talk, but I'm glad they both got everything out there in the open. The Horizon scene bothered me a lot, too, and I could never see why Kaidan was so pissed off at Shepard for *dying* (which, to me, seems like something she really couldn't stop from happening, so that all left me a little confuzzled...) I think you really pegged each character's perspective on this nicely, though. Can't wait to see its sequel!
Lywnna chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Absolutely amazing and pitch perfect. It's everything that should have been in the game, but wasn't. It explains why Kaidan feels like he did, reacted like he did, while still leaving the canon of the story, where Kaidan and Shepard don't reconcile in ME2, alone. Should be required reading for everyone who complains about the way Kaidan (and Ash, really) reacted the way they did on Horizon.
pookakitten chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Really well done story. I like how well you portrayed Kaidan's confusion, hurt, guilt, pain, nostalgia, regret. I'm looking forward to more in this series.
Delylah chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Thanks for giving Shepard a chance to set the record straight with Kaidan. I hope she gets to do so in-game. It breaks my heart that he won't stand with her, but I can't blame him for his dtance against Cerberus. Hope to see a sequel to this one soon!