Reviews for A Time for Changeling
Emily J. Redbird chapter 7 . 6/16/2011
One the things I enjoyed most in this chapter was the letters from Grindelwald. Ilove this story!
The Breeze chapter 7 . 6/15/2011
Great chapter.
Vellouette chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
So Harry didn't inherit Lily's talent in potions. He also didn't inherit James talent in Transfiguration. From James he gets most of his looks and his talent at DADA and flying. From Lily he got his eyes, his talent at Charms, yes, she was better, but he is good at charms, and her sense of fairness. Sirius, Remus, Snape and Callahan all have the same problem when it comes to James. They only see him from their perspective. Sirius and Remus remeber the warm, caring friend who was always loyal to them. Snape and Callahan remember him as a bully. Both are right. However, what Harry wants is to know what his Father was like, warts and all so to speak. No matter what Snape and Callahan think of him, James Potter did die trying to protect his family. He deserves to be respected for that. Also, I know a lot of boys who when they were younger tended to act a bit like bullies, nothing as bad as the Marauders were supposed to have been (without their magic), but who grew out of it and became police officers, soldiers and teachers. Snape and Callahan need to realize that while yes, James Potter as a teenager was a bit of a bully, James Potter, the man was a loving Husband and Father.
TheReader8 chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
Amazing story! I have to say when i read the summary it didn't look very promising, but i'm glad i took the time to read it.

you're interpretation of the Wizarding world is realistic and true to JKR's.

The way the characters react with situations and interact with people is amazingly wonderful.

Where i am it's about 2am in the morning and i read all 7 chapters straight without a break because of your impressive writing style and story.

There is one thing that i think can go better and this is something that i think if pulled off correctly (which i think you can) can be both realistic and true to your plot.

Harry is charismatic, when he wants to be, the DA proves it and the seventh book (and a little of the sixth) proves it. and despite him being a loner i think that because of his growth in this story he can recognize it and reach out to people. ie:-

Fleur - she is a smart witch despite some portrayals of her, she can also be someone that harry can trust to not keep secrets. Fleur is someone that i think would be a friend for life and harry is someone she thinks is close to being family despite their limited interactions and i think with her you can do a lot of things that have not been done before.

Krum - while not close to harry as fleur, he respects him. Krum respects Harry's talent and that Harry is someone who doesn't go back on his principles and ethics. So i can see Krum opening doors for Harry that can help him out in regards to resources, like Krum being a spokesperson for werewolf rights and eguality in the Wizarding world, also opening exposure on an international level that can help the war.

Dobby - He practically believes harry is a god and i can see him helping out with small things like delivering potions or fetching things, or cooking or anything like that for Harry beccause he believes harry to do the right thing.

firenze - yes he is a centaur and yes it might seem weird but just think of the different perspective and advice he can give, also the different community you could explore.

And that's just the beginning...

sorry about that but you're story is amazing and i can so many different possibilities, that i can't keep it to myself.

Anyway the base line is people tend to forget Harry's ability to find friends in the unlikeliest places and that the Wizarding world is not just limited to Great Britain and that the root problem is that of prejudice and discrimination and not voldemort.

anyway amazing story and i can't wait to see what happens next...
SSS - Severus Snape Supporter chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
i'm willing to bet it was Dumbledore who knocked him to the floor. great chapter! i loved the letters from the real Gellert.
KoniK47 chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
Interesting
hreft93 chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
what a good chapter! Can't wait for the next chapter, and a cliffhanger on the end you meanie. Maybe a hint about next chapter? no? the whole writing to Grindewald, the werwolfs, and a nice Snape? I hope the order will not be completely tramped, the do what they can, and Sirius was in jail/prison for twelve years, please don't blame him to much.

Bye _
Therio chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
First of all, cliffhangers are bad mmmkay. This story is already interesting enough to want us to look forward to the next chapter. We don't need no dag nabbit varmint of a rabbit er I mean cliffhanger to help us along.

Hehe, ok, in seriousness, good chapter. I was sort of half expecting Harry to out himself to Cal and Snape. Glad he didn't. I like the idea of Harry being outted to Cal, though I would have liked it to have been Harry's idea. I'm really liking the correspondence with Grindelwald. Just because he took his radical ideas too far does not mean that he was not a smart and interesting man. I think Harry can learn a lot from him through letters. I think the conversation with Snape really opened Harry's eyes on a number of things. Hopefully, he's starting to realize that not everything was as black and white as he thought. While he felt good at being rewarded at the time, others were being unfairly penalized. Snape is much more complex than he thought, and I think he has to really decide on whether Remus has a right to know what really happened that night.

I need to comment on a previous reviewers comments regarding the James bashing and the allusions to Slash. Hellooo, do you know anything about the actual books this fanfiction is based on. The author is trying to stay as close to Canon as possible while telling their own story (which they are doing a damn fine job of). In Canon, James was a git to Snape and hated Slytherins, so it is not inconceivable that he would be a git to others, so disliked by a lot of people. As for the Slash, the only hints I have seen are about Dumbledore and Grindelwald. in Canon, Dumbledore and Grindelwald were lovers. Just because Harry is pretending to be Grindelwald, I can't see any slash relationship developing between him and Dumbledore.
LunaStorm chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
Urgh. I hate cliffhangers...

Grindelwald's letters are brilliant, I hope they'll keep corresponding.

I also hope you will *not* bring Snape into the secret very soon - Cal, I expected he'd be told already frankly, but Snape? No way in hell would Harry trust him, and why should he?

The man is complex, and conflicted, and whatever you want, but being human doesn't make him trustworthy!
FatesShadow83 chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
Love this story!

Great chapter!
mwinter1 chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
Wow great story. Don't know why i haven't ever seen this before other then sometimes FFN sucks at updating info correct or displaying it. Awaiting the next chapter hope you post that quickly.
Silver Ame Tsukino chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
Nice, can't wait for the update.
shadow-warrior93 chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
You are driving me insane, (in a good way) i absolutely love your story, even going so far as to daydream through one of my classes about what might happen next, the cliff endings are killing me! Is it albus at the door? Did he just get punched? I love all the issues and characters that you are using that we readers dont normally get to see. Thanks for the update and i'll wait with bated breath for the next one. Thanks, from your biggest fan.
random person chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
Oh snap next chapter please!
ILikeComps chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
Nice chapter and good to see Harry learning that people aren't always what they appear to be. Thanks for sharing!
623 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 .. Last Next »