Reviews for A Bit Of Romance
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Getting the feeling there's some hidden or missing context here, since I honestly can't see Malcolm Reynolds being THAT much of an ass to Kaylee any time before Inara's departure pre-BDM...and even then, I think Mal would still not quite be as blatant in his aggravation. Maybe it's me, but Mal will snark and posture if Kaylee's being especially sugary but even his "nought but a waystation" spiel to her in the BDM was less harsh than Mal's method of shooting down Kaylee's comments about wanting romance.

Then again, since no references to external events are made, this scene could be from any offscreen moment after the last 5 minutes of "Heart of Gold" to "Those Left Behind"...honestly would fit the time just after what we saw at the end of HoG. Doubt Mal would be anywhere in a happy humour at that stage...
Bytemite chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Hi, saw this before, just only am now getting around to reviewing. There's some good angst here. Sadness on both Inara and Mal's part because they see the other as just not willing, and neither really being ready for a relationship.
Malinara chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Short, sweet and beautifully written!