Reviews for Airplanes, Spandules and Widgets, Oh, My!
screaming phoenix chapter 5 . 3/17/2010
It still doesn't look like Kim and Ron have much to go on.
CajunBear73 chapter 5 . 3/16/2010
A few more pieces to the puzzle, a name that may turn into something or nothing, and an upcoming race.

Excitement to come after the meeting with the gremlins?

Muzzlehatch chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
Screaming Phoenix' mention of the Bugs Bunny gremlin cartoon prompted me to go on YouTube and watch "Russian Rhapsody", in which Hitler flies to Moscow to bomb that city in person. Along the way his plane is methodically taken apart by singing Russian gremlins.
Mahler Avatar chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
The thick plottens. So the Gremlins do still exist! And I thought American Motors had discontinued that model after 1978 . . . Bravo to Rufus for saving the day. Now on to the mystery of who the real bad guy is and why . . . Looking forward to what comes next!

CajunBear73 chapter 4 . 3/13/2010
Aha! you fixed your posting issue...

Still, looks like there's some friends hidden around for Kim and Ron to figure out who's doing this to the airfield and the pilots there.

screaming phoenix chapter 4 . 3/13/2010
Haven't I read this already?
Mahler Avatar chapter 3 . 3/11/2010
Very nice advancing of this interesting tale, with many humorous moments. Dialogue is spot-on, as well as Ron's comment about the MTNT's. I like the nice adventure developing with Rufus, and especially your scene as he takes out that rat before making his important discovery. So, it seems that there are more players of the antagonistic type in this sitch than I had thought at first? Looking forward to the next installment!

screaming phoenix chapter 3 . 3/2/2010
Wait a second if Rufus is with the gremlins then who sabotaged the aircraft?
CajunBear73 chapter 3 . 3/1/2010
Methinks there's some duplicity afoot!
Feudor chapter 2 . 2/22/2010
Very nice story. You obviously know your thirties' airplanes, and you history.

I used to build plastic airplane models when I was in my teens, so I remember what a Polikarpov looks like. And a Moth, of course.

I'll await the next chapter eagerly. I'm sure curious to know if there really are gremlins about.
Mahler Avatar chapter 2 . 2/22/2010
Nice developments here, and kudos on your research. Ron's superior knowledge of aviation vis-s-vis Kim is good, as is his usual slaughter of unusual words. And Kim's comment on Ron trick-or-treating as either Snoopy or the Red Baron is likewise priceless. But the best is your wonderful use of Rufus, who definitely deserves more air time in KP fanfiction. Can't wait to see how this mystery develops!

Keep it coming!

CajunBear73 chapter 2 . 2/20/2010
Something interesting is happening here, and I wonder if the guy who's been seen there quite a few times is involved in some way.

But for now, Rufus is in trouble.

screaming phoenix chapter 2 . 2/20/2010
I remember seeing old cartoons circa World War II about gremlins. They were so full of in jokes I had to look up a lot of references to understand them. Then there is the classic Bugs Bunny one.

I hope this is full of gremlins and they bedevil Kim and Ron for the whole time. I can't wait.
Mahler Avatar chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
This is a great start! You've really done your homework on all the aircraft, and as a hard-core WWII aircraft buff, I'm impressed with the detail. One tiny picky little detail though: the Po-2 was the most produced biplane in history (40,0) but the most produced aircraft ever is the Cessna 172 (43,0). But it does beat out the Bf-109 (35,0) and the P-51 (16,766). And gremlins! Looking forward to how Kim and Ron handle this! (And for a shameless plug, check out Ron's air battle with Shego in a P-51 vs. an Me-262 in Ch.3&5 of my first story, Failure Is The Only Option . . .)

CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
So a band of legacy aircraft has a problem with legacy mischievous critters?

This should push Kim's limits on this realm of flight history. Unless those gremlins come attached to people.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »