Reviews for It's Like A Musical Mosaic
tree1138 chapter 5 . 1/28/2011
Congrats on 10 years of writing, I haven't found anyone who is not Terry Pratchett capture the essence of Discworld as well as you do. Here's to hoping for ten more good years.
Mondschaf chapter 5 . 1/26/2011
Yay another chapter! :) your updates make my crappy life worth living, seriously. Also, I love your portrayal of Vetinari, so please keep it up :)

As to your favourite breed of chicken... I didn't even know there were different breeds of chicken, so I learned something there! Congrats, you are entertaining AND educational! Anyways, I'll go with Mountain Chicken. Slim chances of winning, yes, but hey, there's 'chicken' in it (you don't know what I'm going on about? Google it).

all in all, I love your work, keep it up etc etc.

regards,

mondschaf
i am the stig chapter 5 . 1/26/2011
wow, for once i actually know all the songs you used!

i like what you've done, but i feel that you are making vetinari into a bit of a pimp. if you tone it down or change it so its vague and use innuendo, then you would be quite capable of keeping him in character but also with your new ideas about him... did that make sense?

i'm on here but i'm too lazy to log in, so if you need clarification then just send me a message through my profile (i wrote "espionage" and "banter in the anteroom" a while ago)

also, i have a story idea you can write (i'm not interested in writing this, i have no time any more).

okay, vetinari has a daughter and she decides one day that she wants to do something useful in her life, instead of mooching around and causing trouble like a typical heiress. she talks with him about potential careers/jobs/things to do (trained as an assassin but really doesn't see that life as one she wants).

(she suggests maybe being a mime and he just gives her a withering glare).

anyway, she's out on the street and sees a watchman and so decides to sign up right there and then. vimes doubts her at first but signs her up when she says her father doesn't know and might not approve.

vetinari finds out when he comes in to the watch house - blinks a whopping total of two times!

anyway, he's incredulous and doesn't believe she will last. she decides to make a bet - if she can survive a whole month on her own, using only money she gets from the watch and renting her own house etc, with no support from him, then he will have to put up a plaque declaring that (in this day blah) vetinari was proven wrong! and she also gets to hold her own ball at the palace.

despite a hard month as a watchmember, she makes it and decides to actually stay on (the plaque is put up at pseudopolis yard and becomes a tourist attraction), and at the ball she invites her friends, the real ones of which actually turn out to be ordinary watchpeople, instead of the snobbish nobles who she used to hang with.

its a sort, belonging, fiction... i just can't do it because it reminds me too much of highschool english... bad memories, trying to wipe the slate clean with uni!

i'm never going to write this, but i think it's actually a good idea that could be done really well, so it would be a shame to waste it. take as much liberty as you want with it, i'd like to see what you could do!

i am the stig chapter 4 . 10/22/2010
this was really good. i think you're improving your writing.

or it just be that i really like vetinari so the more of him the better.

i don't listen to the songs because i don't have any of them. i only knew 1 song this week!
tree1138 chapter 4 . 10/21/2010
IF I don't know the song, I do look it up on youtube. Thanks to this story I have added several new songs to my iTunes. I really enjoy the creativity of the pieces.
thebookhobbit chapter 2 . 9/15/2010
So much love for these.

ESPECIALLY Hey, Soul Sister, and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful). I SQUEED SO MUCH. They were both so adorable! So Happy I Could Die was also quite good- actually, they all were, both those three were probably my favorite.

Enjoying these drabbles very much.
LadyAdarah chapter 3 . 9/11/2010
Wooh! I remembered my passworld for this site correctly! :-P

I really enjoyed all the Vetinari centric drabbles ;).
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 3 . 9/8/2010
Vwey good and very fun.
Storylover456 chapter 3 . 8/29/2010
Loved the chapter though I felt sorry for Vimes!
Psychedelic Sunshine chapter 3 . 8/17/2010
I just adore this and especially the way you write Vetinari. Love it to tiny itty bitty pieces. Also, the Ankh-Morpork piece was beautiful too.
Virtuella chapter 3 . 8/15/2010
I enjoyed this lot, especially Drumknott's "secret" night life.
Gothgirlreid chapter 3 . 8/15/2010
OMG this is so funny! I couldn't read the last one for laughing :P Update soon!
LemonBubble chapter 3 . 8/15/2010
OH DEAR GODS WHAT HAVE I READ? Still, they were all most entertaining, especially the last one... O.O
Gogol chapter 3 . 8/14/2010
THESE ARE SO CUTE IT IS CAUSING ME PAIN IN THE STOMACH FROM GIGGLING MADLY.

Also hahahaha /Yes, most importantly, their next trip together would be quiet/- this would be a few months before he and Sybil go to Uberwald, wouldn't it. OH SAM. Such a well-intentioned failure.

Obviously my favorite is the last one though. I mean. Really.
YourEvilNemisisBwahaha chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
Yessss!

Twist is still writing and all is good in the world!

More-ez please.