Reviews for Death is Part of the Process
InterfaceLeader chapter 88 . 2/19
I can't believe I've read through this in six days, but it's a testament to the power of your writing.

Some things I love:

- The cat and it's narrow escape from death. The way that bookends the story so neatly.

- Your portrayal of Tseng which is deeply sympathetic without sidelining the brutality of his upbringing and his job. His friendship with the young Aerith and Rufus and the evolution of that into his adult relationships.

- Reno's growing maturity that makes him a plausible second without him ever losing his indefinable Reno spark. The fact he is actually a romantic, despite everything.

- Aviva. Wow. I know very little about Before Crisis and had no prior attachment to any of the Turks that aren't in the OG, but you made me love her and root for her.

- You managed to make me feel sorry for Rufus, trapped in the plate, cut off completely from the outside world with a bunch of people who don't really trust him.

- The way the Turks come across as a family, and the way Rufus is both part of that family and not...

- The way you describe the badlands and the fact nobody really believes in the death of the Planet until they feel it for themselves - it made me think about how Midgar really does strive to be apart from/above the world, and how much that isolates Shinra and ultimately dooms it.

Thank you so much for writing it and sharing it. I can't even imagine the amount of time and work that must have gone into such an epic.
redcherryamber chapter 88 . 2/19
I’m so glad you ended with this epilogue. It’s so very fitting that Aviva has the final word. It was a brilliant idea to set this after Meteor so that you could tell us what happened to all the Turks and allow Aviva to make her confession of love to Reno now that she’s grown up. It’s funny – when I was in love with Reno myself (and I still am a little, just as I always stay a bit in love with all the fandom characters who most touch me) – there was a part of me that wanted Aviva to end up with him, but reading this now, of course that would have been entirely the wrong thing for everyone involved.

I love the little mention of Veld – the fact that ‘the Chief’ is still the chief, and still ‘likes to keep himself informed’. I’m glad Rude is with Veev, and will be the link between her and Reno. The idea that Aviva has become the much more down-to-earth Molly is lovely – that she no longer feels the need to be important because she’s now comfortable as she is. Just like Molly, I love the line ‘no joy lasts forever and no disaster is absolute’. There is a sadness in that – when the passion of youth – ‘the high highs’ and ‘low lows’ – becomes calmer – but also a lot of consolation. I’ll miss Veev, and she’ll always be Veev to me, but I’m very glad that Molly is happy now.

Veev’s memories of saving the people of Midgar are lovely – her sense of pride in her work, and that evocative sense of ‘that terrifying bloodred light’, and the humour of ‘I wasn’t thinking of my own safety or even about you, much…”. Every detail of Mink and Aviva’s journey is wonderful, from stealing the clothes from the washing-line, to the colours they dye their hair, to the fact that they kept their suits, and that little reminder of the mythril in the fabric. I was also very happy about the mention of Kunsel.

Veev being almost glad about meteor because she ‘was so happy to be going home’ is so very like her. I’m pleased that she saw through Reeve, and I loved the line ‘Mr. Rufus doesn’t do dead’ and the link between Rufus and the cat’s nine lives. The idea of the cat bossing Dark Nation around at Healen is so cute! ‘That cat might be little in body but it’s mighty in spirit. Like me!’ – great lines!

I found Mink’s visit to see her son especially moving - the way she wasn’t sure which one he was, but Veev could tell instantly. The fact that he was like her ‘except, he seems to be someone who laughs a lot’ made my heart break for Mink; I’m glad she’s found some peace now that she’s seen him and knows he’s happy and she did the right thing.

I love the way you manage to bring all the Turks into Veev’s account, and that what happens to all of them seems natural and right. I like the idea of Mink meeting Elena, and I’m happy that Tys and Hunter got married. Reno and Cissnei having a tempestuous rollercoaster of a relationship is exactly as it would be, and probably as it should be. They both need that fire. But Veev’s advice is very wise – I’m sure Reno will be kind most of the time, and so will Cissnei. They both love each other, after all.

“Aviva loved you”. Wow. That frank admission, together with the way Molly can put it behind her, while acknowledging that her love for him will always be in her bones, is amazing writing. I love the whole description of the awful intensity of her feelings, and the way your writing keeps perfectly to her idiom throughout.

Molly’s new boyfriend, ‘one of Highwind’s mechanical draughtsmen’ sounds perfect for her. His boyish innocence is lovely – the way he wants to protect her, and she doesn’t have to be a Turk with him. Perhaps she’ll have the kind of relationship Roz didn’t get to enjoy. I hope Roz meets someone in the future, too, and that Rufus becomes a patron of Molly’s boyfriend’s art. They all deserve thoroughly happy endings. The final scene of Molly writing her letter, dressed as though she were fifteen again, about to go on her picnic, while the Turks keep look out as they always do, is a wonderful way to finish this whole story, along with that sign-off – ‘your partner, Veev’. When he gets the letter I think Reno might be surprised by the confession of love, but I think he’ll be smiling by the end.

You truly are a masterful storyteller. You manage to bring in every character – every angle – in a way that never feels rushed, but that keeps the action moving all the time. I don’t know how you achieve that – it’s an incredible skill. This story will stay with me. I think of it often. There are so many parts that stand out I can’t mention them all – but my lasting impression is of the individual threads of the different relationships so skilfully woven together – so beautifully crafted. The long arc of Reno and Cissnei’s relationship that frames the story, and Rufus and Tseng’s at the heart of it, shot through with so much complex plot and yet with space for so much psychological truth... Each Turk had a defined, believable and compelling story and personality, and so did all the minor characters – the soldiers and secretaries, shopkeepers and ordinary citizens. I loved them all: Skeeter on the golf-course, the President liking him best while being completely unaware of his sexuality – Roz dancing in the empty office – Two-guns and all his cousins – Tys and Hunter’s fiery romance – reliable Mozo, and serious Mink – Natalya who was mum to them all, and the unforgettable Legend – family-man Knox and his ex-wife and children – and of course, ‘my’ Reno and his beautiful, complex Cissnei - quiet, solid, intelligent Rude – irrepressible Elena – wonderful, loving Veev - the enigmatic Veld, and, at the heart of everything, the stillness and passion of Tseng.

I loved your bratty, brainy, beautiful Rufus, and the way Tseng gradually helped to forge him into a man. I loved your deeply evocative depictions of Midgar and the wastelands, as well as the wider world of the game. I have more admiration that I can express for your lightness of touch throughout this epic masterpiece, and the deft weaving together of humour and deep seriousness.

I know I will revisit this story again and again. This will always be my version of the world of FFVII – I think it’s more real to me even than the game is now. Thank you so much for taking me on this glorious journey and bringing me with you to this happy, completely satisfying end.
redcherryamber chapter 87 . 2/19
I read this chapter a long time ago, and realized that I really wanted to re-read the whole story from the start before commenting on it. I spent a very happy time in the summer holidays reading from the beginning, remembering everything I loved about this fandom, and this story most of all, but I ran out of time to finish properly, and it’s only now, with a quiet half term, that I’ve finally found time to review. I’m sorry it’s taken so long. This is still my favourite work of fanfiction ever – and one of my favourite works of all fiction.

The opening of this chapter made me laugh – Reno and Rude so perfectly in character, as always; Reno nervously and impatiently ‘wearing the floor out’ and Rude ‘lounging like he didn’t have a care in the world’. As you so often do so successfully, you managed to unite humour and genuine tension. Even though I already knew the end of the story, Reno’s anxiety still affected me. The description of the empty ‘room on the floor between floors’ gave me such a strong feeling of nostalgia – it was seeing that room without Rufus’ presence apart from ‘the bloodstains on the camp bed’ that made me decide that I had to start again from the beginning and re-read the story as a whole.

Reno’s gloom about the cat’s ‘death’ being 'a sign' is a lovely touch – especially the way you use it to heighten the surprise later in the chapter. I have to admit I was ‘completely fooled’! I should have known that if any cat was going to have nine lives, it would be that one!

I love the conversation between Reno and Rude, and Reno’s realization that Tseng ‘did it for us, to save us’, followed by Rude’s simple ‘I know’. When Rufus made his grand entrance with Dark Nation at his side I cheered, and I really admire the way you show the passage of time with the subtle changes in Dark Nation’s appearance, especially the deepening purple of her fur. Rufus’ assumption of absolute authority, with its ‘chilling’ effect is wonderfully portrayed, as is Reno’s intuition that ‘heinous’ is not a word Rufus would deign to use - and that ‘huh?’ when Rufus winks at him is brilliant in carrying the reader along with Reno’s dawning understanding. ‘Fuckity fuck, thought Reno giddily’ made me laugh aloud. Rufus’ coded messages to Reno and Rude in the elevator are pure genius.

As always, your descriptions take me straight back into the games. The doors to the boardroom are so familiar it’s as though I could reach out and touch those ‘polished brass doorknobs, gleaming like gold’. This whole story has so much of the atmosphere of the original games that I’m almost afraid to play the new version, when it finally appears. Your story seems so organically grown from those games that reading it is an extension and deepening of that original experience. I’m worried that the new version just won’t match up…

The transcript extracts are a wonderful way of dealing with the boardroom scene, providing an effective distance, which creates an effect similar to those ‘camera’ angles in the games, and enabling you to cover a lot of material efficiently and without having to use a particular character viewpoint. I was very happy to see Wendy again. Scarlet’s defeat – her inability to get a word in as Rufus makes the whole situation into a family affair that excludes her – is beautifully done. I love the fact that there’s a whole level of conversation taking place completely above her head, and Heidegger’s, and, finally, the president’s. Rufus really is the master of manipulation here. Veld is ‘as dead as you ever wanted him to be’ – brilliant! Scarlet tries to keep up, but she’s miscalculated the strength of the president’s bond with his son – the way her ‘Julius’ can’t trump Rufus’ ‘Dad’. Once again, you combine humour and deadly seriousness beautifully. On one level Rufus is enjoying his command of the situation – but he’s playing for Tseng’s life. Tseng’s ‘say yes’, in the midst of all this glittering power play, is heartbreaking in its earnest simplicity.

I love Rufus’ theatrical, often outright hammy language when describing the ‘deaths’ of the loyal Turks fighting in the badlands, especially when he goes off into flights of ‘Loveless’! I bet you enjoyed writing those parts! And after Scarlet’s final defeat, the way all she can do is accuse Reno of stinking is hilarious. Brilliant way to end her bid for control. I also love the symbolism of Scarlet’s exit - stalking past all of them with a glare, getting into the lift and going down. (She’ll be back!)

Your time-checking brought me up short – the fact that it had only been a week since ‘all hell had finally broken loose’. This is another way in which you capture the feeling of the original game – the way so much happens in such a short space of time. The description of the Turks’ effects in the office is beautifully melancholy (Skeeter’s last supper, as though he really had died), and also a lovely reminder of the fact that they’re still around. Aviva’s powder-blue moogle is especially poignant.

Little details, such as the troopers using up all the toilet roll, are great, and recall all those toilets and bathrooms that were such a feature of the game. I’m glad Reno got to revisit his old apartment block and the all-night minimart. ‘No. He didn’t want to go back. And anyway, you couldn’t’, followed by his thoughts of the cat and Cissnei, and the seven-year span of the whole story – all these points are a lovely set-up for the final part of this chapter, foreshadowing the end, and the beginning. I love the inclusion of that fact about seven years being the time it takes for every cell in your body to replace itself, and the question, ‘how could you ever really know for sure that what you remembered happening actually happened the way you remembered it?’ Memories, real and otherwise, form such a key part of this story, and of the original game. This is the perfect place to remind us of that.

The discussion between Reno, Rude and Tseng is lovely – serious, but with such a lightness of touch. Reno’s determination to see the positive side – ‘You gotta start seeing it that way, Boss, or you’re gonna go off your head’, contrasts with Tseng’s inability to forgive himself perfectly. It’s painful to see Tseng feeling so defeated. The way you keep us waiting for Rufus is masterful. Although I loved the newly mellowed Heidegger, the set up for the events of the game with their burned bridges with Reeve, the quiet office and Reno missing the other Turks, and the wonderful, breezy Elena, I was on tenterhooks waiting for Rufus. The way he just appears in the middle of Reno and Rude’s affectionate bantering is absolutely perfect.

I loved the detail of Rufus seeming suddenly so much older than the young infantrymen – that realization that he is now ‘a man – *the* man, the man in charge’. Reno’s feeling that the situation is ‘weird, but… not wrong’ is all the approbation Rufus needs. If Reno’s gut trusts it, then the readers trust it too.

‘Time hung suspended’. Yes, for me, too. ‘The immovable object and the irresistible force’ meeting again. Everything about this exchange is beautifully handled – Reno’s thoughts as he watches them attempting to say what they mean without being able to say it – Rufus’ false starts – the squaddies’ awareness of something being wrong – ‘the crackle of electricity in the air’.

Tseng’s attempts at obstruction no longer work on Rufus – I was so glad to see the way Rufus has matured so that, despite the ‘note of pleading’, he is able to control himself, and reassert that unselfconscious authority that finally makes them equal. I love everything about their exchange in the office – the way they are finally able to express their real feelings about what has happened – Rufus’ anger about not being entrusted with the whole truth, and Tseng’s fury at the loss of the Turks – Rufus’ admission that he needs his father, and that poignant confession that if he could have chosen his life, he would have been Tseng’s Turk, but he’s the one who will have to be president one day and ‘It can never be anyone’s job but mine, not for as long as I live’. Rufus’s ‘Without you, that life would be… what did you call it? Hollow gestures. Dust,’ is beautiful writing.

I had to smile at Tseng running up all those stairs. It’s a great subversion of the romantic final chase scene. I love the way you avoid sentimentality by including the reality of the surroundings – the wind, the smell of engine oil and mako, the waiting luggage. That panoramic view of Midgar is a wonderful inclusion here.

The final scene between Rufus and Tseng is beautifully romantic. The ordinariness of their conversation - ‘toasted cheese in the mess hall’ – the way ‘they both fell silent, remembering’ – Tseng’s acceptance of the fact that Rufus has to go – his desire for Dark Nation to protect Rufus when he can’t - all those things are perfect. I love the touch of their hands in Dark Nation’s fur, and the way they both say I love you without those words. “’I know you’… ‘You know me’” – a beautiful moment. Then I’m full of admiration for the way you move on from that moment, with the noise of the helicopter, and Nation being afraid to get in. ‘It wasn’t the goodbye Tseng had envisioned. Then again, maybe this way was better.’ I think he’s right – and so are you. That final ‘I’ll be back’ and ‘I’ll be here’ is the perfect ending to their love story – for now.

The final third of this last chapter is just wonderful. I’ve been looking for anything to constructively criticise in this whole chapter, but I honestly wouldn’t change a thing. The way you lead us into the start of the game is brilliant. Tseng’s first mention of the new Avalanche and the exclamation mark, and the mention of Corneo is the perfect setup.

At first I wasn’t sure where you were going with Tseng looking for a potential bride for Rufus, although it’s something Tseng would definitely do to protect him and to ensure the family line, and I loved the line ‘I intend to find an ally for him, not a… dupe’ – but then I realised that it allowed Reno to ask the question ‘is he the one?’ and it made perfect sense, because, in the light of Tseng’s feelings for Aerith it needs asking. His answer is wonderfully ambiguous – that there is such a thing as ‘the one’, but ‘it’s possible to love more than one person’, and we don’t know for certain whether Tseng means he believes in ‘the one’ for himself, or that such a thing exists for some people. Perhaps, for Tseng, there can be two ones. For Reno, there can’t. It’s a fascinating question. I’m a Reno myself, but I have great respect for people who can genuinely be Tsengs (although I have my suspicions about Tseng, if it ever came to a choice...).

I’m glad you brought back the darker side of the Turks – that visceral reminder of what they actually do – with Reno’s interrogation of ‘the tongue-biter’.

Reno’s walk through Midgar to the Goblin’s Bar, and his view of Aerith as she is at the start of the game, is so visual and full of nostalgia. The irony of ‘the pieces were starting to fall back into place’! You create that impression so beautifully and so economically – two short paragraphs take us straight into the opening of the game.

Cissnei and Reno’s meeting is exactly right – the way she takes off her hat and ‘bright waves of coppery hair fell around her shoulders’ – the awkwardness – the fact that she is ‘still beautiful’ - but that is less important than it used to be. I love Reno’s shock, despite the set-up, and the way he isn’t really surprised to find her there – the way he’s unable to access his feelings at first. The simile of Reno and Cissnei being like ‘two little parts of a big machine’ who got their wires crossed until ‘a spark had ignited and a fuse had blown’ is so very Reno, and so apt. I love the way it’s thinking that it might be too late to reignite the spark that allows him to realize that it’s still burning after all.

‘Her mouth was harder than it used to be, but her eyes were softer’. I love this line.

The grown-up nature of their relationship now – the determination to start again from the basis of friendship – and the fact that ‘the thing he’d missed most, missed longest, was her. Just her. Just being around her’ is wonderful – it feels very truthful. I love the journey these two have taken, and the way that they both want to be together now without any expectation of perfection or unrealistic notions of romance.

All of the joking about names – and poor old Reno being Reginald after all – is hilarious. The return of the cat at that moment was fantastic. I was so happy! I really believed it was dead. I love the way Tseng’s instant reaction is to call Rufus.

Then the bomb goes off, and you launch us into the original game, with civilian casualties that feel authentically tragic, and Turks with ‘work to do’; Shinra there, always, getting the lights back on, and the reminder of the dark side of their operations with that reference to the ‘tongue-biter’ again, alongside their desperate attempts to save the casualties. Tseng’s choice – duty over Aerith – shows him for the Turk leader he is – but would he have made the same choice if it had been Rufus? Avalanche is back, and who are the good guys now? ‘In our end is our beginning’ indeed.

This whole chapter is wonderful. My favourite of the lot – and that’s saying something. The way you weave the two main love stories together, with the reminders of Tseng and Aerith alongside them, and hints of Aviva, together with the tying up all the complex plots of Before Crisis and Crisis Core, as well as creating so much of the atmosphere of the original game and keeping everyone present and entirely in character is an incredible feat. I’m in awe, and so very grateful.
Etrangere chapter 88 . 6/8/2017
Wow that was very much worth the wait!

(I left a comment a couple of years ago on AO3 about being confused on where to read the completed version of this fic :))

Awesome, epic story; wonderfully plotted and characterized. I love how much love (in various forms) is a theme that runs through everything in the story. How the narrative shifts focus from Reno to Tseng then Rufus and other less often focussed characters seamlessly. I love how much lives you gave to the Before Crisis characters (especially as someone who doesn't know BC directly) and your OCs like Natalya, they're all amazingly distinct and intriguing and oh so very /Turks/; and especially Aviva became my stealth favorite of this gorgeous work. I love how much everyone's strength and weaknesses come across sharply, contrasted by various PoVs. I love how you make SHINRA and its weird culture and history /works/, especially Old Man Shinra given how hard it is to make him a viable 3D characters based on the canon.

Stunning! Thank you for the delight of reading it!
damagectrl.07 chapter 88 . 6/5/2017
I'm pretty sure I left a review after you posted this but it seems something went wrong and my review didn't get posted D: Anyhow, might as well type it up again! You have no idea how happy I was when I saw the notification in my email that you updated. I've waited for a long time and it's bittersweet to have your amazing story come to an end. I am both happy and sad that it's over. Above all, I am thankful you gave this brilliant work and ending. It was very well written. Thank you so much for all the years you spent into writing this and for sharing with us. There are very few fics that have left a mark on me and this is definitely one of the most unforgettable ones. I can't wait to reread this and relive the journey of the various characters again. Their growth was a great thing to witness. Thank you, thank you. Kudos for creating such a beautiful story.
Clement Rage chapter 88 . 6/4/2017
Huh... I'm not sure what to say, really. It's been a long time, I think I need to go back a bit to get some perspective.

See, normally you write everything I don't like, and yet here I am, 550k words later. That in itself is a hell of an achievement, and I hope you know that. I've made some good friends as a result of this fic. You genuinely did bring people together. I'm feeling pretty old, a lot has happened since my one line review on a whim in 2010.

I should probably say something substantive. I think I might have to start again, because I'm a bit lost for words here. Anyway:

Really? They're just going to take Rufus' word that the wider Turks are dead?

The board meeting script felt a bit, well, scripted. No unexpected twists, just everyone playing their roles, and the military a singular block with one opinion. I feel like the time lag impacted on this a bit, maybe it would have worked better if we were still coming down off the other chapters.

And then we get one last Aviva letter to round things out. It was nice, it was what we needed, and I don't think I have much more left to say, other than I still hate the idea of Mink being responsible for shepherding Cloud to safety that time. I have been a cantankerous prick over some of this time, but I'm glad I read it and I wish you luck in your future endeavours and writing etc. I might be back once I get around to reading over this again, but best of luck regardless.

CR
AlysanneLake chapter 88 . 5/22/2017
Finally! Sad that it's over, glad that you finished. Time for a re-read.
Aoli chapter 88 . 5/22/2017
Thank you for finishing this huge but really interesting novel. I enjoyed it a lot, your way of portraying the Turks with their Kirks, problems and personalities is perfect in my opinion. The story was thick but fluently readable, and the end is well closed. Thank you again and congratulations of finishing it!
The Moss Stomper chapter 88 . 5/21/2017
Oh wow. It's finally complete. I'm sitting here staring at the screen, trying to wrap my head around it.

Long before I signed up for this site, long before I started writing my own FF7 fics, I was reading and following this story. It played such a huge part in forming my view of many of the BC Turks, and is probably one of the reasons I'm such a big Turk fan these days. For months (years?) the mental image of Reno grieving in the dust haunted me. I kept hoping and waiting I would one day see the final chapters and move past that point. Why did I never actually *say* anything in a review, especially once I got an account on here? Dunno. I guess I didn't want to seem pushy by asking for more. X)

I've had a glass of wine too many and I'm feeling too many feels to properly express them, but I wanted to leave a note nonetheless and thank you for this long, wonderful journey. To reach the end, to get that closure, and to then see me mentioned in the notes... Oh man. The feels! I don't know what to do with them!

Can I be pushy now? I do so hope to see more from you in the future, whenever that might be!
HappyHaunt chapter 88 . 5/21/2017
i'm trying to connect all of my thoughts and emotions to my fingertips right now so bear with me. firstly, i feel like i've been transported back to my college dorm room right now - lying in my bed with open in front of me. i didn't even know my account (which i finally managed to log in to) was still actively sending out story alerts. secondly, it's an HONOR to be thanked by you! how often does an inactive fanfiction actually resume?! this is almost unheard of! i'm a little in awe of myself (haha!) that i was one of several people to inspire you to post the last chapters. it means more than i can put into words right now. but enough about me... these last two chapters have moved me to tears - in the best of ways! i can feel the parallel between how this story ended, particularly with aviva's letter, and your feelings towards being finished with it. i'm no longer equipped (due to a shift in both personal and prof interests) to compose reviews that examine what makes this fic amazing in a literary sense. but i can tell you that this fic is an adventure, one that you both get sucked into and extremely invested in (team aviva!). it's thoughtful and emotional but also incredibly intelligent and stimulating! and most importantly, this fic is impressive. you took on the challenge of pretty much novelizing a massive piece of the final fantasy vii timeline in ways i don't even think square enix would do for us. and lastly, aviva. aviva's character means a lot to me and i'm just... i'm happy that she's happy. even though you're finished with this fic, i hope this doesn't mean you're finished with fanfiction completely! maybe years from now we'll receive another story alert from you or maybe not, and that's okay. i wish you all the best in your future endeavors, whether it's in fanfiction or composing your very own novel or maybe even just a new journey in your life. thank you again for sharing this with us.
CBK1000 chapter 88 . 5/21/2017
I'm so happy to see you've finally completed this; I thought life had permanently diverted you (pesky thing, real life; I try to ignore it). I haven't read the ending yet, but I'll be back with a review once I finish it. I just thought I'd pop in to say thank you for posting the end; this is one of my favorite stories of all-time, and not just in the FFVII universe. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Heruhousu chapter 48 . 5/3/2017
So interesting to see others coming back to this in April as I did - I suppose its just the season. I first read your wonderful work two years ago, and it will always stay with me. Thank you.
Happy Haunt 2 chapter 86 . 4/23/2017
So between my last review and this moment, I somehow read all 86 chapters over again! Goodness, what a whirlwind it's been. Not only to revisit this fic but the ffvii universe as well! But now I can't help but wonder if this where you intended to leave off... 14 chapters ago you left a small a/n saying that you had completed the fic and you were going to post twice a week for 7 weeks. I guess your readers, too, are remembering the sunrise of another adventure of a chapter from you. Thank you thank you thank you again for this fic!
Happy Haunt chapter 86 . 4/5/2017
I do hope you'll return to us one day to finish publishing your completed chapters. This is a story that meant so much to me in its days. I've fallen off the fanfiction community myself. But I was at the movies yesterday and I saw the name "Aviva" in the closing credits and I instantly thought of this fic, even two years later haha. It's a shame I can't remember my login for this site, I left you a review once and you sent me the loveliest response. Even if I can't receive your response or you don't send one at all, I hope you know that there are readers who haven't forgot this masterpiece. Thank you for sharing your writing with us.
k chapter 86 . 2/14/2017
it has been some time since i've read any ff7 fanfic, and i am sure there is plenty of great new content floating around, but i still can't help it - i keep coming back to this. i'm no writer, hardly an experienced reader, but this is one of the most masterful pieces i have ever read. i fell in love with every character more than i thought i would or could, because of this. they are flawed and fallible and REAL. my heart sunk and soared, and even on the re-reads i felt it anew. i couldn't begin to thank you enough for your time or congratulate you on your dedication, but i can say that i am proud to have been able to share in reading this. really and truly: well done.