Reviews for Canon Backfire
debs2crazy chapter 2 . 4/5/2010
This is too funny.
JazzGirl317 chapter 2 . 4/2/2010
And just when I thought nothing would top Carlisle the DILF...
JazzGirl317 chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
! Oh Holy Crap! I know it's said so many times on so many blogs and threads. But, seriously, reading it happening, ! And, him not knowing the word...and Edward almost crashing the car! ! I seriously am in love with your brain at this moment.
LoveTeamEdward chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
haha, this was so funny and sweet. I think you write Carlisle entirely right but with a dash of unexpected humor ;)
manywords chapter 2 . 3/27/2010
Oh, heavens! I almost fell off the couch laughing at this! I am so glad you shared the funny ones. OK - I'll stop being your stalker for a bit, but I really hope that you post more soon!
Tarinya chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
it was funny. and i did like it. though there were some pieeces that perplexed me.

why would edward ask what carlisle was thinking? he should know already. and he should have seen the question coming in alices mind.

but still, i liked it :)
C.A. Elenath chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
"This. Never. Happened."

LOL! Reading this was like watching a train collision (but I mean that in a good way!) because you knew what was coming, but was infinitely more subtle. I love stories where the Cullen boys get to act like teenagers, but with a faint edge of maturity that's inevitable when you're a century old. Or maybe confidence is a better word-some people may disagree on how mature the boys are in this story _

I just wanted to say your humor bits are as fresh as your heavier works, and that this totally made my night :)
perfidiouspink chapter 2 . 3/9/2010
HAHAHAH that was effin hilarious
KeepSmilingItMakesPeopleWonder chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
LOL, Poor Carlisle. Of course it would be Jessica and Lauren...
philadelphic chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
OMG, somehow I missed this. I love it.
seriouslysirius chapter 2 . 3/2/2010
This is the funniest story ever. You should write more.

Great job!
MsMayfly chapter 2 . 3/1/2010
HAHAHAHAHA! I couldn't help myself! I sent the link to this story to every Twilight fan I know. I can not stop laughing! This is incredible. Well done!
MamadeMia chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Delicious!
bookfan100 chapter 2 . 2/23/2010
This was really, really, really funny – very adult, but still tasteful. Wish more comedy writers had your skill – is rare to see these days.

Emmett’s voice was done flawlessly – and hilariously. “Well, you know, Tanya has a lot of experience….” That was priceless – and extra-funny because it sounds more plausible than the truth (it was the truth, wasn’t it….?).

“He always looked like that – holier-than-thou.” “….started pitching a hissy fit.” That really sounds like Edward – sorry Edward.

“I would ask you to do it simply, but for you there is no other way.” – ooh, what a slam.

“…but you want to wait, and that’s certainly…noble.” “But it’s….it’s huge.” Good to see Major Whitlock let it all out and act his human age. The young male interactions felt very realistic.

From a technical point of view, “D&F Systems” really has a lousy shipping department if they pack items so than they roll around and can be heard. I guess vampire hearing is such that they can identify items simply by hearing them roll around in a box…?

Esme handled those boys with the poise and confidence of a real woman – they never had a chance. I was very impressed. Even Major Whitlock was completely outmatched, even if he was the first one to figure out what was going on.

Carlisle reaction to this conversation would be an interesting story in itself…
bookfan100 chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
I was really grateful for Canon Backfire chapters – they provided a much-needed lift after melancholy resulting from reading Sensitivity to Initial Conditions. I would never have believed these stories came from the same author - dramatically different tone, and both done so very well.

“…the sound of Hell, freezing over.” That was great.

I confess I had to look up “DILF” myself. When I did, I was shocked at how well it fit Dr. Cullen – never thought of that before. Edward’s reaction of momentarily losing control of car seemed a bit extreme, given that he’s probably heard everything by now – but the whole scene was hilarious. Suspect Edward and Alice did not say anything more to Carlisle to tease him? Or maybe because the Cullen household has zero privacy, everyone makes a conscious effort to keep a sense of propriety?

Carlisle must have jumped right on the Internet once they got home….
246 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »