Reviews for Hating Dried Persimmons
forever122 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
I don't get why he doesn't like dried persimmons. Funny though!
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
poor guy...thank god I haven't witnessed anything close to that.
HowCouldThisHappenToMe chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Honestly, I found a few things that really bothered me about this oneshot.

1. The introduction was too vague. Probably going for ambiguity, but turned into a more annoyingly-vague than what was aimed.

2. Does Yachiru ever actually call Toshiro ‘Aniki’ in the manga? If it’s not cannon, then there needs to be something in the fic that would explain why she started calling him this. On top of this, ‘aniki’ is often used as more of a suffix than it is used directly at a person. If she wanted to call him ‘older brother’, then ‘nii-san’ or ‘nii-chan’ would be more appropriate

3. Yachiru doesn’t call Rangiku “booby-chan”.

4. “and thinks of as family.” How does she see Hitsugaya as family? Is there some kind of a back-story to that?

Brittany Vanderzyden: 5. I don’t see Hitsugaya begging for refuge in the 11th division… It’s just not something that he would do

6. A lot of your sentences feel like run-ons, with too many commas in them. It’s a bit distracting and confusing at times

7. Gin and Rangiku… While I have no problem with the pairing, the scenario is too OOC for my tastes. Gin doesn’t seem the kind to do that… and while Rangiku may be irresponsible at times, she knows better than to make out on her captain’s desk. You made both Gin and Rangiku seem very unprofessional, which wouldn’t happen.

Overall, it seemed kind of sloppy. One minute he’s in the 11th Division, and then he walks in on his lieutenant making out with Ichimaru… and he never did get those papers that Ukitake needed so urgently.

I think this could be an intersting oneshot and nice for a non-romance Valentine's Day fic, but the OOC stuff was a bit too distracting for my tastes.
Inmyhead982000 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
this was hilarious! loved it! your little authors note was also funny, so...awesome one shot!
Evilhumour Author chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
very very evil. I loved it.
MissTeak chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
I think you've achieved that goal! How skillful, to write a Valentine's fic with no hints of romance. Well done! :) I enjoyed it, and it is not just because of the GinRan love!
Ability King KK chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
I find it hilarious that Yumichika is the 'mommy'. You'd think he'd be the big sister and Unohana would be the mommy.

I'm with Toshiro. Valentine's Day is unnecessary.