Reviews for Introspectus
MBB chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
A dark, but very wellwritten ficlet.
And so true, even (especially?) that early in the show.
Kitty O chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I love this.

Mainly because it says what I always say about Morgana. Merlin and Gaius could have tried, and might have saved her, but her own selfishness and fear of Uther's hatred, and then Morgause and Alvarr, turned her. It wasn't Gaius and Merlin.

I love it.
Bluebellbird chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
WoW! what a sad well thought out story, really well writeen :)
emlet chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
this story is amazing! i had never quiet understood gaius's motivations regarding morgana and I think this story wonderfully illustrates the way he thinks differently about merlin and morgana and still cares for them both. I love your portrayl of his quite complicated relationship with uther. loved it!
ForzaDelDestino chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This is beautifully written, and moving. Great job.
Tianne chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Fabulous! Wonderful insight into the characters. I've always thought that Morgana and Uther clash so often because they're so alike (albeit from a different perspective) rather than because they're so different.

I thought you beautifully portrayed the fundamental difference between Merlin and Morgana- one very focused on self and one focused outward on others. After all, Morgana participated in the plot to murder Uther, distracting him at her father's grave without any thought to what it would do to Arthur, or if he was ready for kingship- or how it would affect the kingdom. Likewise, her saving of Uther was because his words affected her personally- not from some sudden sense of right or wrong or greater good. And how quickly did she turn from caring for him again to hate when she felt threatened.

'She would sacrifice them to find her certainties again, Gaius is sure of it.'

Great line! It sums the place she's now in perfectly.

You've made Gaius so three dimensional and so in character that I so wish they'd write this insight into the show!

Love this piece!
GuildedDragonfly chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Great one shot, I personally don't agree with Gaius wanting to keep Morgana in the dark but you've given a great explanation from his POV, very well written.

Is "Put not you're tust in Princes" a reference to Psalm 146:3?