Reviews for Penance
SweeneyTodd1979 chapter 1 . 2/9
I love this!
QueenAnneBoleyn6 chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
I'm crying. Why do I feel the need to do this to myself?
Anna chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I could not find the words to say thank you for the beautiful pieces you wrote about Miss Saigon..You ar eauch an excellent writer...I hope you can write more about it. May you continue writing as you are a great blessing to other people,,,,,

Thanks!
Skier Chick chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
sooooooooo sweet!
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
that was beautiful! I think you captured Chris perfectly!
JingYee chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Very, very nice fic! I love the way you wrote this, and I feel like you captured the right emotions and thoughts of Chris. Good job :)
black.maple.tree chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
This is great! I really think it's a shame that there are only SEVEN Miss Saigon fics, so thank you so much for writing!

You've captured Chris' personality brilliantly, just the way he would have reacted in canon. It really felt like it could be its own song- the whole time I was reading this, I was comparing it to the way his emotions are portrayed in 'Why God, Why?' It has those same realistic themes of guilt and regret in his post-war life.

EXCELLENT use of repetition :)

Just a suggestion, in keeping with the lyrics, I think the line:

How have we come so far in one night?

might be even more effective if it was instead:

How in one night did we come so far (or 'how in the light of one night did we come so far') That way, whether you do it from Kim's or Chris' lines, it will tie in better. Not that it doesn't already- the idea is the same, after all. But I do like the idea of inserting original lyrics.

And btw, I don't know what word processor you use, but I use Microsoft Word, and I know that if you type two dashes together (-) and then just continue with whatever word comes next, it turns into one longer dash that makes reading the sentence easier on the eyes.

Anyway, this was great! LOVED it~!
reckless14 chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Good job! I think it captured the essence of the musical!
Aslan's Lamb chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I love the point you make about the sun and moon never being together for very long, just like Kim and Chris. I also like Chris' explanation of how he ended up with Ellen although he loved Kim, because Ellen "loved him" and "stayed" although he didn't do anything to deserve it. I think the story gets a little weaker further on. He keeps on repeating "I miss you" and "I'm sorry" and in my opinion, it gets a little redundant. But I really like the way you portray Ellen, the complicated character that she is.