Reviews for Connecting the Dots
UseFistNotMouth chapter 15 . 1/25
Mmm... this story is fun but frustrating. It's not the author's fault. The big secrets of the Naruto series weren't known when it was being written... but it's so distracting. I guess that's what peaple mean by a story "not aging well"?

I think it may be a lesson not to infer too much or invest too deeply into the importance of esoteric, vaguely understood, origins to provide importance and connection.

Although it truly is humorous with what the Spectre was implying about the sage, considering the truth. Likening to Christ one who is an analogue to the Antichrist instead. And the fact that the truth does in fact mirror biblical events, but Genesis and Cain and Able, not Exodus or Messiah. But that is probably not something the author expected to be humorous instead of profound.

Overall a solid story with aging issues that distract but don't really ruin enjoyment.
Earthenfist chapter 32 . 1/10
You know, Bruce was channeling Luthor quite a bit at the end there... Are you leaving a plot hook dangling, perchance?
Earthenfist chapter 23 . 1/9
I've got to wonder, with your description of how Shino was using his bugs here, if you've ever read the webserial Worm. I can't imagine you haven't, if you're a Troper, but that bit was rather evocative of some of the uses of bugs in that story.

I've read Naruto fanfics where people have given the characters 'more' powers (often good, often creative, sometimes just odd...) and I have to say that you've done a pretty good job of expanding on their canon specializations without either changing things too much or, heh, superpowering things. You're keeping it believable (almost more so than the manga itself) and bringing out some wonderful insights into the characters themselves in the process.

Thanks for writing such an engaging story.
Advent of Shadows chapter 5 . 12/5/2014
I really hope Naruto gets free soon. Im just bored reading this until then. Probably wont make it until he gets freed, actually.
Project Necron chapter 5 . 12/5/2014
For the sake of balance it's good that nobody is too overpowered. The story is more gripping that way.
Project Necron chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
Heard about this on TvTropes. Looks alright so far.
Lazarus495 chapter 33 . 12/1/2014
Havent read many naruto fics yet but this was definitely one of the best justice league fic ive ever read, crossover or otherwise.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/18/2014
Just a quick note - the demon in TT is Trigon, not Trigun.
EagleJarl chapter 33 . 11/15/2014
Really? You never explained the Hinata thing? Yeesh.

The Naruto "let me recap" bit in the beginning felt clumsy, but it smoothed out after that. It looks like Tenten did bring instructional things back with her and is upgrading the tech base. Good for her.

So, that mention of plowing fields with earth jutsus...was that the solution for what to do with out of work ninja? If not, it should be. The villages could branch out to civilian missions and make a ton more money.

So. Finally done. Some rough spots here and there but overall an enjoyable read. Thank you for writing it.
EagleJarl chapter 32 . 11/15/2014
Argh. "Nearly half of our ninja force has been decimated."

No. It's been destroyed. "Decimate" means "destroy ten percent of"; it was originally a punishment in Rome used on a military unit that had committed some sort of major failing - generally cowardice in the face of battle. Ten percent of the men would be selected at random; the rest would have to beat those ten percent to death with iron rods.

Also, Batman *acquired* the chakra stuff, not "allocated" it.

I hope the Hinata deal is explained next chapter, because it's a pretty major thread to leave hanging.
EagleJarl chapter 31 . 11/15/2014
A fun conclusion, and a nice wrap up. (Except it's not really wrapped.) A few things:

What was the deal Spectre made for Hinata's soul? (I loved the Sandman Death reference, by the way.)

You gave Lee the GL ring but he never did anything with it that I noticed...well, I guess he used it to let himself fly, but that's all. You could have just let him grab a jet pack for that. As it was, it felt seriously anticlimactic.

I'm sorry to see that Nara won the chess game with Batman, although at least it didn't feel like a total cheat. (Although it seems very doubtful that Batman wouldn't notice he'd lost.)

I'm loving how Tenten is stealing the League and everyone else blind. I hope she got enough stuff for Konoha to set up a League-level tech base. With any luck she got books, tools, and blueprints in addition to weapons.

Ok, on to the epilogues.
Goddra2 chapter 8 . 11/15/2014
This is excellent; I haven't been this consistently entertained by a fanfic in a long time.

Slight grammatical nitpick: You have the shinobi calling J'onn "aoi hito-san" (Mr. Blue Man). I think you would prefer "midori hito-san" (Mr. Green Man). But J'onn is close enough to blue for it to not really matter.
EagleJarl chapter 29 . 11/13/2014
The Flash is one of my favorite heroes, so it's nice to see him get some screen time. That said "pounding Luthor's ass" has...um...*nuances* that perhaps you didn't intend. "Kicking" might be a better verb. ;)
EagleJarl chapter 28 . 11/13/2014
Nah, this wasn't boring. I loved it actually.

The funny part is that, from a purely utilitarian viewpoint, this world IS better than the real one. Yes, Luthor is torturing a handful of people in his immediate vicinity, but apparently everyone else is having a perfectly normal life, different only in that there is no war / disease / natural disasters and they are happy with Luthor. Overall, it's a win.
EagleJarl chapter 27 . 11/13/2014
Wow, did you really just kill GL? Ah well, Lee will be a much more interesting GL. Of course, like every other hero, it never occurs to him that "throw Doomsday into space / the sun" is a perfectly viable solution, but that's ok. It's perfectly in character for Lee of not think of that. Naruto's fifht with him was impressive...I would have liked to see that Doomsday was beat up at the end, but it still worked.

Poor Kakashi, getting his eye scooped out! Well, maybe he'll manage to get the one from Metro Tower.

One thing I've been meaning to say: don't bother begging for reviews at the end of your chapters. As far as I can tell from 2YE, it doesn't affect how many you get and it's annoying to some people. It may even decrease how many you get.
1,555 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »