Reviews for Connecting the Dots
MrNeedsToRemoveAllFavs chapter 2 . 7/6/2010
The fact of the matter is that NaruHina has been done so many times and in so many ways that there's nothing new going to be happening in this story when concerning the pairing.

And the fact that you brought so many people into the fic, in so many different places, is definitely going to make this a big challenge to pull off in any way beyond shit, let alone as something good.
wayward hero chapter 11 . 7/5/2010
Your story is really good, I love the premise and plot you have put together, and for someone that dislikes fight scenes you do a very good job on them. All I can say is keep going.
Chaos666 chapter 11 . 7/5/2010
So far everything is great. Good pace, good interaction between characters, etc. Dr. Light dead, would've preferred Slade or Brother Blood, but in the end it works. Keep up the good work and hope you update soon.

Chaos666
Wonderbee31 chapter 11 . 7/5/2010
Fun section here, really enjoyed seeing Luthor and Nara playing their game, and it looks like it's going on over and over, and will hope that Nara can start to get more of his own ground back. Interesting to see Light get kileed, but fun to see the "ninja's" reaction to how the heroes handle things, and would be something to see what all happens if they get in more lethal situations. Too bad that Alfred continues to enable Bruce, but would be something if Bruce started to wake up to the point that he is enableing some or a lot of the Gotham villains.
He Who Rules With an Iron Hoof chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
1up
Camilla-chan chapter 9 . 7/4/2010
lolz i live in delaware thats awesome
HyperionTheWatcher chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Interesting to see you explore the culture clash that comes from the interaction of to different worlds. From what I have seen you have managed to keep the characters true to the source material as well. Very well done story, I hope to see more.
KageMCS chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Well, maybe you hating writing fight scenes is a good thing in that you devote a lot of time and effort into them? You've done an awesome job so far with them, they're all mostly well thought out, you've definitely got a good grasp of how the different characters usually fight, and breaking things up with other story points both gives the readers a chance to catch their breaths and drives the suspense higher. Also having them goof up occasionally stays true to both worlds, like Naruto not realizing he wouldn't be able to copy the staff exactly and the clones therefore wouldn't be able to fly. The superheroes may know their stuff, and the ninja might be well-trained and blooded soldiers, but they are all fallible. Also liked the way you've shown why Batman could easily overwhelm a bunch of beat-up nins.

I never realized Dr. Light was originally such a major threat. I mostly remember seeing him in Teen Titans as a pushover. But him originally being a formidable intellect makes more sense given his technology. I liked how Neji just manipulated the electricity in the laser canons to blow them up; he needs to have abilities besides his family techniques to have earned the title of jounin. And killing Dr. Light... I must say, hats off to you for setting up the conflict over the most important issue separating the heroes from the ninja. I look forward to more philosophical debate between the Titans and the ninja.

Oh, and thanks for throwing in the reason why no dog catchers have reported seeing a pony-sized, highly intelligent and damned fast white dog running around. But why split Kiba from Akamaru? You have some character development planned for Kiba? And thanks for the hints concerning the issues plaguing Ino and Hinata. For Ino, maybe the fact this new universe doesn't perfectly mesh with chakra means just how she feels, her mind has been loosened from its moorings and is drifting out a ways and into other's heads? The first scenes described sound like something Sai might remember or think about, while the second flash might be from Starfire. As for Hinata, being permeated by an unidentified energy source completely separate from her chakra and being watched by a mysterious man must be a bit disconcerting. Hopefully she'll take to Naruto's perspective and see this as an opportunity, and we'll then see some development. By the way, does Neji know about this, having the Byakugan and all? And finally, I kind of liked the way you showed the repercussions of Dianna showing herself in Gotham. Maybe now Batman will unbend some. Or maybe not.
pingman chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
i particularly liked this chapter
Velshard chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Must once again make review short, 5 out of 5, everything I expected and more, though it looks as if one of the Dr. Light fight scenes got partially deleted somehow.
Malix2 chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Great new chapter, what's this about something wrong with chapter 3? I honestly can't remember it well enough to figure out what's changed, and I don't feel like rereading something I've already mostly read. I had a feeling they were going to kill him, I mean I have to admit, letting homicidal lunatics like the joker and such live over and over no matter how many times they escape and kill is rather ridiculous, but then again, if they killed the villans off in the comics or whatever, soon they'd have no villans left, or they'd constantly have to be inventing new villans.
spaycesickle chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Another cool chapter :)

Kakashi’s “knowing if something was wrong” was a nice touch. Made him sounds all paternal! And we finally learn what happened to Akamaru... Kiba seems like he’ll be at a definite disadvantage, now. Then again, shinobi are no joke even without half their arsenal’s, so he’ll be alright, I think.

It’s good to see Shikamaru have an enemy with more brainpower to him- hopefully we’ll see them fare off against each other for real some time. I think if Shikamaru outsmarts Lex some time crucial its gonna taste real sweet...

I’m looking forward to the explanation of Hinata’s new abilities. And Ino’s, too.

Haha, Wonder Woman’s pissed at Sakura, huh? An incoming cat-fight around the corner sometime?

And Sai is awesome.

I liked the fight with Dr. Light- it was nice to see the titans and shinobi working together.

"Well yeah, but…" Cyborg spluttered. "Dude, we knock people off buildings all the time! They never actually fall, they always catch themselves!"

"So it was a distractionary measure?" Neji blinked. "But I thought you didn't know he had that jetpack."

"Dude, the point is that a fall NEVER actually kills anyone."

"Yes they do. I've killed several people that way." That was my favourite part, I think. I love the conflicting moralities. Heroes and Soldiers do differ in the way they go about doing things, so it was nice to see you continuing to keep to that. Yes, the keeping the criminals in jails that they seem to break out of less than 5 minutes later does seem rather counter productive xD

P.s... I really, really hope that these latest changes in canon Naruto don’t make it into this fic. I’ve pretty much turned off from the series because of them _

Either way it’s up to you, but that is my opinion.

Looking forward to the next chapter :)
qtar1984 chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
What i would have done in regard to the DC world and chakra networks would be to have the people have them but have the chakra network so thin and warped from disuse that it is almost impossible for them to use jutsu. that would allow for genjutsu to work on them.

Shikamaru could ask for lex give his hands enough freedom of movement to make his thinking pose, but then that would mean giving away his thinking pose. A quandary.
Gespenster Jager chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Glad to see you seem intend on maintaining the clear differences in outlook between the Shinobi and JL. It's something they shouldn't ever really effectively cross. As you made Robin say, they are soldier so operate under a different set of rules.

I expect when it happens again it will only add to more tension between most of the Teen Tians bar Raven possibly, yet no particular legal backlash from the city. They are after all A)Effectively Foreign nationals

B)Killing people who have likely committed multiple crimes

Plus, its not like they unabashedly use Jutsus without disregard for their surroundings. Hell, I can forsee some of the Police preferring the Shinobi dealing with the criminals rather than the Teen Titans, adding to more tension/wariness between the groups. At the end of the day they are solving the problem for the officials in a rather permanent yet 'clean' way.

Keep up your impressive work!
rookie84 chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Aw, you don't like fight scenes? But you're so good at them!

So that's what happened to Akamaru... yeah, I was wondering why you hadn't brought him up before.

Great fight. I didn't really know who Dr. Light was prior to reading this chapter, but he seems like a really tough foe if he can turn streetlights into lasers. It was awesome when Beast Boy dropped down on him as a sperm whale.

I also really liked the contrast you drew between heroes and soldiers: the heroes try to live up to ideals, while the soldiers just do their jobs. The argument between the Konoha nins and the Titans on their contrasting philosophies was great, though I had to laugh at this exchange:

"Dude, the point is that a fall NEVER actually kills anyone."

"Yes they do. I've killed several people that way."

Haha, wow, Wonder Woman really dislikes Sakura, huh? Now I really want to see them in the same room together again. Looks like she didn't fail quite as badly as she thought, though...

Huh... I knew something happened with Hinata,but now something's up with Ino too? Hmm... interesting.

Wow, and now Kid Flash is missing too? I'm impressed at your ambitions... by my count, you also have to resolve the storylines for finding Shikamaru/Tenten, show what's up with Luthor and the ALE, find a way for the ninjas to return to their dimension, learn what's up with Hinata and now Ino, work in some of the promised Batman/Wonder Woman, build up the confrontation with Sasuke and any alliances he may make, figure out how the JL/TT and Konaha nins resolve their differences and work together (if they DO work together), who reverted Dr. Light back to his original state... and I've probably forgotten a few others. It seems very complicated.

If you've got this all planned out, that's awesome... but it still seems like it would take very little for the story to spiral out of control. Still love your story, but I'm a bit worried you're taking on too much.
1,703 | « Prev Page 1 .. 89 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 109 .. Last Next »