Reviews for Discordance
areanna123 chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Morgana never did seem too worried about killing people. She was never able to put herself in someone elses shoes. I think I saw a Youtube comment once which aptly described her as a perpetual teenager. She never really did grow up, she just stayed in this place that was all about her. It's great how well you were able to capture the personalities of both Gwen and Morgana.

I love Morgana, she is my favorite character on Merlin, but she definately is not perfect. In fact she is really messed up. A lot of the time I felt that she had reason to be angry and sympathized with her. She had terrible things happen to her all throughout the show. She could never catch a break.

By the end of Merlin it felt like she wasn't really fighting for anything definate. Morgana just seemed to be afraid of what would happen if she stopped fighting. That giving in would destroy her, that she would have nothing left.

When Gwen discusses her feelings towards Morgause and what Morgause did to her neighbors, I thought it was very in character. And how instead of thinking over Gwens words Morgana immediately rationalizes her ideas and then proceeds to manipulate her best friend instinctively.

I liked how you showed that even in series two Morgana and Gwen were beginning to grow apart. And enjoyed the obvious admiration Morgana had for Morgause. I'm glad you gave Morgana a reason to go in Morgauses chambers. It seemed kind of weird in the show for Morgana to just randomly pop in.
Jadziwine chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
"One of the five guards whom the lady Morgause killed," Gwen said. "She did not have to. They did not attack her, or hinder her. She could have simply come to Camelot and delivered her challenge, but instead she killed them all. Last night, Rhiannon asked me why she would have done this, and I could not answer." THIS WAS EVERYTHING!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
This is amazing...I think it's also very spot on. They are both in character...I wish we had actually got something like this in the series.
Lalilaloli chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
A very interesting point of view you got here...and probably a very spot on one.

It's very uncomfortable to follow Morganas thoughts. How she -without even knowing it- shows the same hypocrisy which she condemns in Uther! How she considerer herself superior and that no one has the right to judge her. That people stops being worthy of empathy and compassion if they are of the wrong kind or even associates themselves (like Rhiannon) with the wrong kind.

You can easily see how Morgana was going to turn out to the person she is now (s.4)in this story. As a matter of fact you did a much better job then the writers of the show ;)
kateydidnt chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
wow utterly perfect picture of morgana's mindset, how he perspective has been skewed and she can't even see clearly now
Tanydwr chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Beautiful. An excellent exploration of Morgana's increasing disillusionment - and quite disturbing, given the way she tars everyone with the same brush. She has absolutely no sense of what ordinary people live with, no matter how keen she might be to defend some of them. Gwen, on the other hand, is perfect - kind, sympathetic, compassionate. Not to mention the conflicting opinions of Arthur - Morgana keen to regard him as the same old bully, while Gwen is seeing the true compassion and measure of him as a man and future king.

Your interpretation of Morgana definitely shows how she might turn evil, even if out of her own sense of 'vengeance'. It amazed me, especially in 'The Witch's Quickening', how she could so easily dismiss the lives Alvarr had taken to get to her - not to mention how easily he manipulated her. She is not nearly as clever as she believes herself to be.

I liked how Gwen folded to Morgana's will, though. Perfectly in character, because they are friends and Gwen wants to believe the best of her. Not to mention Gwen's status as a servant.

All in all, beautifully-written, well thought-out and perfectly in canon.

Well done.
ForzaDelDestino chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
A very good story, well written, and believable in the context of the show. Great work!
Leela chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
0h very good, it was fascinating to see how you explained the growing divide between Morgana and the others, also how Morgana perceives the world compared to Gwen's perception. This ties in well with the series and shows the time off screen. Very, very good.