Reviews for Coffee and Rain
crypticnotions chapter 2 . 5/8/2011
Ohhh, this was such an enjoyable read. Funny and in-character. Wonderful.
GalanthaDreams chapter 2 . 3/1/2011
Lol poor Mark. He's so bewildered :)
Leaving This Site For Good chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
-is giggly now over the Roger/Cabaret thing- sorry, can't be helped. and I really liked this, especially given the fact that I can see these two being kind of reluctant friends in the film
Owl Emporium chapter 2 . 7/3/2010
Haha, I liked that. (: Great job! I have a soft spot for this couple...no idea why. I loved this. (: Continue? I think that'd be nice.
Hodgerhosen chapter 2 . 6/27/2010
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I don't know how to describe it, but I think you nailed their characters perfectly. I love the way you describe their interaction with each other. The awkwardness of the situation and how they relate to each other makes it so realistic. The spiked coffee was a nice touch- it really helped show the walls start to come down between them and gave a really good point of relation that they could work off of. When writing odd pairings, the biggest challenge always seems to be creating a believable situation in which the characters could feasibly connect with each other enough to get together or at least make it a possibility. Usually, the situations always repeat- you know, they crash into each other, meet at a bar, one kidnaps the other, etc. You made the connection completely believable and were creative about it, so awesome job! Thank you for writing me this! It made me VERY happy :D

(also, I squeed aloud at the kiss scene. That made me a very happy camper _)
deeplyshallow chapter 2 . 6/23/2010
As I said before this was very good and somehow believeable - which is pretty impressive giving the context :P

Oh and Les Mis was AWESOME even with what's-his-name Jonas in it :p (actually he was very good too).
S. Snowflake chapter 2 . 6/23/2010
Nice new chapter. Aw, Mark's tongue-tied. - Adding to faves!

*S. Snowflake
Carlysaurus chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
This was so adorable. O~ I love how they slowly warm up to each other. Great job. :D
L100Meganium chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
OMG FANGASM.

Well you heard me read this out loud so you know how much I like it. If I really like stories I read them well. :)

Anyway, you've made a pairing, which I always thought was adorable, totally believable. I can totally hear their voices and see their actions and heck, I can even see what they're wearing (Mark and his Where's Waldo shirts, LOL).

The interaction is so real and in-character. Joanne was distant and cold, but you could tell she really wanted someone to relate with her, and who better to relate with than someone who has gone through (almost) the same thing? I think that's exactly what she'd do. :D And Mark. Oh Mark. Such a lovable dork. "CAN I HALPZ YOO PLZ? D8" XDXD He's everybody's go-to guy for comfort. And you did an excellent job portraying his "Um...does it help if I say this?" attitude. So cute. I love him so.

All in all, excellent job. You've managed not to create a strange "what-if" scenario, but like...adding onto what is already there. I feel like this would work as a sequel. And I love it. :)

...PLEASE WRITE MORE! D8
Racheal chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I've never really thought of Joanne and Mark's relationship. The ex-boyfriend and current girlfriend.

Oh, and, I particularly love the end.

"Wash your hands..."

"Okay, Mom."

:) Very well-done.
S. Snowflake chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
A great fan fiction! I kind of like MarkXJoanne, though this was more of a friendship thing than anything else.
Hodgerhosen chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Well, perhaps I'm biased, but I absolutely loved it! When you told me it turned out as more of a friendship, I was curious, but I definitely agree with the decisions you made after reading it. Their relationship would be a little awkward, tentative, and slow going, and I think you nailed the beginnings of just that. You're really good at developing relationships between characters.

They're feeling each other out. They've both been in the same situation with Maureen.

Still, it makes me giggle profusely! I can't wait to watch Wicked on youtube and read more of your fanfiction.
TheMiniMenzel chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Nawh, this was sweet. Very well done -claps-

X,
deeplyshallow chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
You wrote a rent fic! And as an added bonus no one was dropping dead like flies! Actually it was sweet and very in charcter and the last line made me laugh and maybe one day I'll manage to write a creative review :)