Reviews for Chicago or Bust
Vanidot chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Sad! I was hoping for a happier ending but good nonetheless. Thanks for the interesting read!
beanarie chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Another fabulously layered story. Kudos for not taking the easy road and letting the Chicago trip solve all of their problems instantly.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Oh so wonderful to see another chapter in this saga! Such a lovely advancement of the plot. Love how much the guys are trying to do whatever it takes to keep Ezra around and how much he wants to stay. Nice having the continuing threat of the Palmers around; they aren't getting any smarter or nicer and I'm looking forward to the upcoming confrontation. Love the description of the trip; travel certainly was very time consuming and uncomfortable back then. Nathan had to try to get some more help for Ezra; he just can't stand that Ezra isn't getting better. Love how much fun the guys had in Purgitorio. The trip did bring Nathan and Ezra closer together and love how comforting Ezra was after they got the news. Chris is a delight in this; the last line about not knowing how much longer they have together was perfect. Thank you so much for posting this; I'm really enjoying this series and looking forward to the next installment!
mikiss chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Good to see another "chapter". As the Palmers are still out there, may I assume more are on the way? Enjoy your work, but am an eternal optimist and hope Ezra hangs around.
JudyL068 chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Hi, what a great story. I wasn't sure if I liked the present tense at first, but over all it really did set a wonderful tone for the story. Poor Ezra, he so hates to have to rely on anyone. And Nathan felt horrible for making him go see the doctor when he ended up not being able to help. I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing. Judy
Marmie1955 chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
It's really hard to know what to say. This is an excellent story. It is so well written. Intense. Powerful. Please don't let it turn into a deathfic. More soon I hope.
Trekkieb chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Yay! I am very happy now. Another terrific story from a favorite author! This one was different, less Ezra-perspective than the others. But I liked it. It was good to see him and Nathan argue/get along on their trip. I liked that line when Vin went to see Chris, about how some days Chris wants to tear his home down and somedays build it up. That pretty aptly described his inner conflicts. I like how Buck was still all protective even when Ezra wasn't around. Ezra's new stutter is alarming - more trouble ahead for our favorite gambler! And as always, the dialogue was perfect, the characters in-character, and even occasionally surprising in their actions or words. Looking forward to the next installment!