Reviews for Ice Age Journeys: Two Roads, One Destination
Mist chapter 4 . 11/4/2012
Lol. You should have added Nut to group 4.
Buckrocks chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
"Sure do!" said Buck, rubbing Barret's noggin. "He's my brother!"

Buck gave Barret a noogy, right? (how on earth do you spell it?)

I love this story!
Tigey Wigey chapter 3 . 7/1/2011
Eddie is actually the one with the brown on his snout...Crash is the white one.
KaylaDestroyer chapter 14 . 2/2/2011
This story was again AWESOME! I really hope there's a sequel fot this and Ice Age Journeys: Raising a Cub.
DiegoRedeemedLover chapter 13 . 4/15/2010
Heehee. I knew all along it would be Roshan - I really liked how you made him a teenager, too. Teenager as in "nearly a man, but not yet", since he's fourteen, which is the oldest I've ever seen the boy in recent fanfics. A few have him as an adult, but the range of his age differs from twelve/thirteen to slightly older.

I also really like how you made Peaches fearless and wanting to be part of the battles; and how she defends herself and Ellie during the first assault on the camp.

I also loved how Diego is the first to recognize "their boy" by his playing Where's The Baby?, which is SO essential to the Original. I just watched it yesterday and it plays such an important part in the consequences... just THINK what would have happened if Diego hadn't formed that bond with the baby through peekaboo, and it ultimately ends up saving Roshan's AND Sid's lives during the battle with the sabers.

Ah,yes, that necklace too. So frustrating...

Sorry it took me so long to review! Now I'll go do the Epilogue!

Bye!
achi 3 chapter 20 . 3/31/2010
i really love how you made this story play out. you kept the characters personality well! its funny how you made Ellie scold Peaches like that... kinda reminded me of MY mom! well keep up the good work and please update soon!
debit13 chapter 21 . 3/31/2010
You really tied a LOT together and I love how many lines you use from past movies in your own story. The battle sequence is very nicely written and even that has a few additions which I thought were neat. Peaches being able to fend for herself is really cool, especially seeing as how she tries (and fails) to show her mother that she can keep herself safe if the need be, even if it involves hitting Roshan in the process. It's also great to see a fighting Nia, I absolutely adore female characters that get in the heat of battle.

Flik and the possum twins - plays out quite familiarly, eh? Just without a certain little ride they had with the weasels? Funny that, again, Peaches saves the day. She's turning out to be quite an unspoken hero!

Rudy being tamed by Buck is quite an imaginative risk...one that I'm not entirely sure about, especially being that humans are also present in the same time - somewhat of a time period issue that isn't at all a problem within the context of your story itself, but more so within thought. Not only that, but you show Buck still having some sort of adventurous/near-lunatic side to himself in the chat between him and the possums, and you even address the question that many people would want to see answered: why now?

Roshan being reunited with the herd COMPLETELY caught me off-guard, way to pull a great character appearance off while actually giving a very slight indication before your more obvious one (that I caught when reading this chapter the second time):

[["Stay back Peaches!" Ellie warned her, as she fending off the human taunting them. {{This one was a little better than the others}}, and Ellie was getting hard up with him. Peaches didn't just want to do nothing, so she picked up a nearby burning log, and threw it at the human's face.]]

Such subtlety deserves commendation, especially when someone that important to the story decides to resurface. It's actually funnier knowing that Peaches, someone who is related to the herd that saved him, caused Roshan some pretty decent pain (because fire doesn't hurt!). The 'peekaboo' face was an beautiful addition to the reunion; I could not help but smile at the way Diego and Roshan begin to talk, even as adults.

You talk about there being an epilogue for your story, and I'm really hoping that it jumps into how the herd met Roshan, because aside from Sid, Manny, and Diego - no one knows! There's a lot of stones that need to be turned and revealed to your characters, being that they all traveled together and share an extremely strong (if not unbreakable, by now) bond.

Great job with your main story! It was a well written story and you did a great job adding your own little touches to make it your own. Congratulations!
trizzle chapter 12 . 3/29/2010
Ah! Great Story! Awesome. What I've read so far is amazing! Can't wait to read the whole thing!
DiegoRedeemedLover chapter 20 . 3/29/2010
The next chapter might end the story? :(

Moving on, I'm glad someone else besides me believes that Diego and Peaches would share a bond, considering what happened the day of her birth, as you hinted at by Peaches hearing the roar of her saber uncle first. Swell.

And how this chapter is bringing everything to a head was nicely done, too, with both groups (minus the possum brothers) meet together as they join in battle to protect their tiger.

I also didn't notice Buck was in fact missing at the end until I read this for the third time... O.O

And that human tracker... I wonder who HE is... I bet I can guess!

Until next update, moi :)

DiegoRedeemedLover aka DRL

*Moans* I can't believe this story is almost over... I hate it when stories end. Well, technically, every story doesn't end, it just continues in another way. :)
debit13 chapter 20 . 3/28/2010
Great job bringing all of the characters together. Peaches going off on her own to follow the sound of the roar near the middle of the chapter was a nice thing to add because it shows some sort of interest/bond/affinity that she might have towards Diego, even though they hadn't been together for very long.

Garic's change in attitude was a bit of a (pleasant) surprise as well.

Update soon!
DiegoRedeemedLover chapter 19 . 3/26/2010
I am going to act the fangirl and plead for you not to kill of MY favorite tiger ...

Please don't kill Diego! AH! Cliffie! Help!

Let's review,hm. I really liked how you showed Ryan confronting Garic, and how you described that a virile, bestial vitality enthralled him. Me likey. :) And Nia's ending of their fight, and then we cut to Manny and Diana.

I really loved how Manny learns of Diego's peril, and immediately wants to set off to the village, me lovey. :) I am denigrating into baby-talk... whoops!

Silhouette Tunnel sounds amazing and fits very well into the Ice Age "Dinoland" universe.

The cleverness inherent in this new locale is that the characters (and the readers) don't know what is real or not: as anything could possibly be a hallucination. As you hinted at with Buck's hallucinating that Barret was their father, and the aftermath.

The human tribe seems very eager for the blood of tigers - hm, why?

Transmission over and out.

I'd love to see the next chapter soon!

Update soon please. :)

Until next update, me :)

DiegoRedeemedLover aka DRL
debit13 chapter 19 . 3/21/2010
["Well well well…. Look what the cat brought in today." An familiar voice came out. "You know, I was expecting something larger. Like maybe, a mammoth." he said, revealing himself.]

Perfect thing to have Oscar say when meeting Diego.

Silhouette Tunnel was a great addition to your universe! I love that you have the characters relive their past through a hallucinogenic gas. Showing us that Lenny got killed in the same ritual that Oscar was about to is a chilling addition.

However, this chapter could have been so much more of a great read - when you have the opportunity to delve into the past with your added characters, you absolutely should take it! I'm referring to this:

"Buck explained how he had hallucinated him for their father."

It has been a while since I've looked back at your story, but if I recall correctly, Buck lied to Barret and said he wouldn't leave, but left anyway? There's some room for you to expand upon the past, especially when Buck had a (seemingly) rare emotional breakdown.

Update soon!
debit13 chapter 18 . 3/21/2010
Wow - I'm glad I elected to read this; sorry again for taking so long!

This chapter was seriously a shocker...in so many forms. I don't know what more to say about it. Oscar being the father of Diana's child? That had me beyond words alone, but you just kept slamming with more revelations. Nia's father was the one that nearly did Ryan in, and no one even knew about it. The reaction to the news was perfect, I'm glad you brought in some angst to Ryan's character because, as much as he loves Nia, he can't simply pass off a family member of hers trying to kill him.

Good touch of suspense by having Ellie and Buck be the ones who struggle in the Chasm of Death, as they were the ones who made it through with relatively no problem.

And Diego always uses Manny as his go-to guy for everything, I absolutely love that.

I will be reading your new chapter soon. But before I go, one last thing - I think a line break is inserted in the wrong area:

["One really is the loneliest number…" said Manny to himself as he stood and looked at his reflection in the water. He wondered how Sid and Diego felt after all this time. Sure, they had each other, but had they ever thought about looking for a mate? Manny thought for a while. "Diego might have a chance if he found another saber, but Sid probably doesn't have any chance at all."

He stood there talking to himself. Gladly, no one was there watching him. "When was the last time you ever did anything with your friends?" he said pointing at his reflection. He looked towards the village where Ellie and the others could be waiting, but then looked back at Glacier Pass.

[line is here]

"Peaches… can wait…" Manny said to himself, and ran off back towards Glacier Pass. It was a tough decision, but Manny felt like he had to do it.

-?-

]

I'm not entirely sure if this is correct or not but it looks like the story takes a shift after he mentions Peaches.
Xion the Author chapter 18 . 3/14/2010
Ok... so, here I am, Xion69. First things first. There'll probably no updates for a while (estimation of one week). Its a really really busy week for me, so I'm gonna be preoccupied.

Second, Thank you for all, everyone, for reading my story so far, and reviewing it.
debit13 chapter 17 . 3/13/2010
I've neglected to review stories in the past few days because of a few other things that have caught up with me, but I'm coming back - you deserve feedback; sorry about that!

Peaches' bravery (and near cockiness when talking back to her mother) is such a funny character to give her, because it's just like her mother! However, Ellie's shift in behavior from her normal happy self to a protective mother-like figure is interesting; it's almost as how Manny would treat her, a note-worthy character shift.

Both of the sabers are quite nosy and almost invasive (even though, they don't get caught), which somewhat surprised me - after seeing Diego lead the charge to help Ryan find where he needed to go, I would have figured that Diego would have given Ryan some space. The affection between Ryan and Nia is nicely portrayed as well.

The backstory involving Buck and Barret's childhood is a great touch too; I never would have expected Buck to lie to anyone, let alone his own little brother, but then again, he did it to protect Barret's feelings. You may have added a plausible reason as to why Buck's lunacy began, because he deserted his entire family to live a life of adventure which, quite frankly, could be getting quite dull; a life of adventure ceases to exist when you are able to predict what happens within that area, because a good deal of time had passed between the movie and this story.

Diego's attitude to the osprey, priceless. It's not quite the soft while fierce Diego we all know and love.

Manny's seclusion is a great addition as well.

Will catch up to this story tomorrow, promise.