Reviews for Spirit of Winter
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Incredible story, and the best Zuko/Katara/Jet story I have ever read. It's the best story focused on a polygamous relationship or "love triangle" I have ever read, period. I loved how... Quiet it felt.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
OMfreakingG that is quite possibly the most beautiful thing ever written, and is just so unique to any zutara or jetara or jetukara fic I've ever read. The time period just kind of sealed the deal for me.
Writer Rider Dirty Thirties chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
This was pretty unique and awesome!
jordanhemmer chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
holy shit. this is one of the best fics I have read let alone the best jetkotara fic I have ever read. wow. I just loved every single bit of this. I loved it all. I want to read it again and it basically just throws me deeper into the jetkotara hole my life has become...and I am not complaining. amazing.
WrishWrosh chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
This is without a doubt the best historical AU I have ever read. I LOVE the amount of historical detail in this fic, and the characterization is spot-on. The ending literally had me jumping up and down.
SaffronDaise chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Umm. Well, what can I say here? This is an amazing piece; I couldn't put it down. I'm so glad they all found each other again *sniffle*. Really, really well done! Total favorite.

The only issue I had with it was the seeming inconsistency of which sections you did and did not ascribe specific dates to, as every once in a while I started a section thinking it was the same day... But I quickly became accustomed to it and iterate much ceased to bother me, so maybe it doesn't matter after all? Ha ha.
grandiose6 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Wow. Not so coherent right now, this was great! Tender and aching and strong in all the right places...
Unravelling chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
This is brilliantly written and the roles that you've cast everyone into just work so well. I never really looked too much into the winter war and the history surrounding that conflict but this really sparked the interest in me. The way you've drawn the parallels to both the war and the canon of the show is fluent and poignant and the progression of the relationship between Jet and Zuko and Katara is so beautifully composed.

Wonderful, wonderful work!
scharlisangel12 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
That was really, really lovely! Thank you so much for posting such a beautifully written and researched story. I loved it!
Mathcamel chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
So pretty much all I know about the Winter/Continuation war is from Hetalia (don't judge me) and 's 5 Real Life Soldiers who make Rambo Look Like ...a Wimp: Simo Hayha but this story kept me in the loop. Good job there! This works as a romance and it feels true to the characters even though their experiences would have been quite different. (I doubt Ozai got around to burninating his son in this universe). I don't normally like any combination of Jet, Katara and Zuko so you really pulled a hat trick on me. You rock!
xxDarksideofthemoon chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
That, my dear, was one of the best fanfictions I've ever read.
Not only was this sexy as hell, but it was SMART. It was really refreshing, especially in how you kept the sex scenes down to just teasing level, giving the readers room for imagination.
I love how you progressed Zuko and Jet into actually accepting each other, and how you portrayed Katara PERFECTLY. Strong, warm, beautiful, caring. In fact, you kept everyone in character.
All and all, this story was perfect. You had me laughing, squealing in delight, anxious; all together, moved.
So thank you, keep up the writing, because you are amazing.
xoxo
snow.white.ice chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
I really didn't want to comment on this one because I really didn't know what to say, but I suppose I'd like to let you know I love the progression of Zuko and Jet's relationship in this story.

This was fawesome.
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
I had been delaying on this because I wanted to read it one sitting. It was (I can't even pick the adjective, but I'll start with spellbinding), and definitely one that I'll keep reading. Every one of your stories that I have read can be read four times and lose none of the polish, none of the small details that illustrate scenes- you don't /say/ they're mad, you show fights and bruises and tension so thick that you couldn't cut it with a bayonet. The history is perfect, I love the way that the pre-war history and the actual events of the war cut through the story, and the characters! I'm not the swoon-y type, but... screw it. This story is worth reading and sighing over and linking to all friends that read Avatar regardless of their inflexible pairings. (I like pairings done well, and incest, child-and-adult, and non-consensual are squick. Other than that? Let's see what you can do, and everything you write turns into phenomenal images and plotlines and entire webs of characters and interactions.)

Beautiful, wonderful, fantastic, read-it-eighteen-times-in-a-month story.
Ormhaxan chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
I have to say, the Winter War is just about the last thing I ever expected to see on ffnet. It's a fascinating part of history, and it's a delight to read a piece where such care is taken to get the details right (or plausible, at the very least).

WWII nerd enthusiasm aside, I also like the Zuko/Jet/Katara interaction. It feels natural and unforced, and the dynamic they build up seems like something that could really work with those personalities.

Thanks for writing this. It really made my day.
asariblue chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I absolutely enjoyed this fic. !00% Hands down. It was awesome.

I think the setting and the historical background was a stroke of genius. ( and gutsy too. I'll be honesty, I put off reading this fic b/c I was like: The war of the what now? Where? When? I'm so glad finally read it, woulda missed a superb fic if I hadn't!)

To me, it seems like most avatar fics are set in the avatar universe. nothing wrong that, but it's just that much more rare to read this type of historical drama/romance. You really pulled it off!

It’s a testament to your skill as an author when you have taken the characters we know and love, place them in a 'real world' scenario, and still have the characters recognizable. Different, but not wildly OOC.

Oh yes, you totally rocked the threesome!

I did not see it coming.

I like the way the hints were there, but not flashing neon sign obvious. 1) because the cabin scene was a shocking twist! (at least to me anyway). And 2) I wanted go to back, read it again to look for 'breadcrumbs' and go 'okay, okay, now I see.'

By it's very nature threesomes are fantasy nut You made it work, made that relationship believable. That was unbelievably cool.

The ending is picture perfect. Too long of an ending is detrimental ,especially inn short fics.

So your choice to end where it left off was brilliant.

Great plot, great romance,

Fresh, creative setting.

No apocalyptic grammatical or spelling errors

Did I mention the awesome twist?

This fic deserves some kind of kick-butt award for being that freaking good.

asariblue out.