Reviews for Hunger
fred21 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
I just love how you write this. So real, so painful, it was gut wrenching.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
My browser is working again, praise the Lord! :) Here's my review again as promised:

"He knew he was breaking. But, how do you break something that’s obviously broken? Isn’t that kind of redundant?"

*winces* Poor Dean. I love how you capture his feelings here, but add that touch of humor as well. It's so Dean.

"Everything Dean had ever wanted was completely lost. In some cases before he had been even born. He craved normality. He wanted a mother who would make him tomato-rice soup right now, because heart-sick was sickness, right? Dean remembered her love and saw it in her eyes again. He had been loved at one time, but the last time he had been, he was four years old.

He wanted a father who would meet him for a beer, fix the Impala with him or meet him at a ballgame. That dream also ended when he was four years old. OK, maybe that wasn’t his dream when he was four years old, but it made for a happy dream.

Maybe have a wife and children. He didn’t think he would make a good father, but he would love to attempt it."

This whole part is just heartbreaking.

"Stuff that most people could have. Not him. He didn’t believe in destiny, so why was he destined for such a solitary life?"

Great line!

"He was invincible. After all, he was Michael’s vessel. He suspected even if he was killed, angels would just resurrect him. Again."

Again, such a wonderfully serious line with a touch of humor.

"He wanted to have something to fill up that hole inside him. But nothing he could dream of would fill it up. Maybe it would help if he just felt something. Anything. But, he was a hollow shell, trying to look for comfort where there wasn’t any."

That part of the episode automatically made me think of Christ. Christ is the only one who can fill that hole.

"He didn’t want to, but he knew it was happening. Moment by moment, he was changing to be that guy. The guy with dead eyes and a black heart."

I love how you connected it to "The End."

Excellent, excellent work as always! :)

Ani-maniac494
sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Hi, This was tragically just Dean at the moment. He really is broken, empty and there's really nothing he can do about it right now. Sam can detox but it's not so easy for Dean. I am holding out in hope that Sam will find a way to get his brother back to being the Dean we all know and love, hopefully it won't involve either angels or demons just pure brotherly love.

I loved this just as i loved the eppy, thanks. Take care. x
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Not your best?

Bull!

This was wonderful...heartbreakingly poetic!

I loved it!

You wrote: He wanted a mother who would make him tomato-rice soup right now, because heart-sick was sickness, right

Heart-sickness is sickness of the worst kind!

OMG...you nailed that!

Thanks

Karen
samgirl19 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
omg i saw the episode and the ending when dean was pleading for god it broke my heart into lil bits poor dean and what famine said to dean was sad and painful to hear but this oneshot showed that pain and longing
Nichole Thompson chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
So very heartbreaking. I love it. That last scene made me want to cry and you captured it's essence perfectly. Really, really good.
DJ Sparkles chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Such a passionate look into Dean's mind! Not your best work? If not, it's up there! Well done!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
I haven't even watched the bloody episode, no pun intended, and you've already posted something for it, lol. Well, this is just making me want to watch it all the more. Can't wait. And good job on this tag. Really very fitting for Dean.

And just curious, what does MST3K mean? I should probably know...

ttyl