Reviews for Starship
Elvish Hobbit chapter 10 . 8/1
Oh, my God! I just finished this fanfiction and this is magical. There were so many emotions running through me when I was reading this story. Sam's journey to the Undying Lands, his meeting with Frodo, Frodo, Gandalf, Bilbo, and Elrond...how amazing it would have been to see them all together once again. I'm so happy to read this. Oh, and the end with Legolas and Gimli's arrival was perfect.
You write so, so beautifully. Honestly, one of the best works I have ever come across. Thank you for introducing me to this story of yours. :)
The New York Bear chapter 10 . 1/26/2013
This is one of my favorite stories on this site. It's quite well written, the characters are nicely fleshed out while remaining true to their roots. The concept as a whole is original while also remaining canon friendly. Well done!
pieces-of-jade chapter 10 . 7/31/2012
Oh. My. Gosh. This story was just simply AMAZING! I absolutely LOVED the detailed narrative that you spun with the detailed support from Tolkien's quotes. It gave the story a polished touch to push it from being simply good to great in its telling. Seriously, WELL DONE.
Nikikeya chapter 10 . 9/4/2011
I cried all the way through this, It was a lovely story. I am glade that you included Losille in this story, as I preferred that ending for the three rings much better than the one where they were just scattered.

With this fic at end, I have at last caught myself up, and read all your LotR fanfics. My three favorites are in order of most liked:

1st: Reunion at Cormallen

2nd: Healed (which is truly the best ending)

and of course tied in third are:

The Vault of AnnĂºminas & Starship

4th would be a tie between Fond Memories & A Magical Day

I hope you someday write a sequel to Healed, with the Hobbits a bit older and exploring the city and such.
Rivergift chapter 10 . 6/19/2011
What a beautiful, sweet piece! It had no action, and yet held me captivated from beginning to end. It's so tranquil and peaceful and just a wonderful testimony to what Frodo accomplished for Middle-earth- this. Peace, and happiness, for the ones he loved. Thank you for this story!
mossysnakes chapter 10 . 6/11/2011
Ahaaahh that bit with Frodo speaking of Elladin and Elrohir...teehee...wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed this writing of yours, and it filled me with many happy feelings and lots of lightness. So, hannon le, and splendid job!
mossysnakes chapter 5 . 6/11/2011
...I thought you should know that I teared up rather a lot and squeed aloud. I do adore this story!
Rocks-my-socks chapter 5 . 5/17/2011
I just adored that chapter with the reunion. The quote at the top is one of my favourites from The Two Towers!
Rocks-my-socks chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
"Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

I LOVED that line - it could have come stright from Tolkien himself.
sentarla chapter 8 . 1/7/2011
Awww man this chapter made me totally bawl!
too many mary suesssss chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Attention All!

If anybody wants to read new stories where Frodo, Pippin, Gandalf, Aragorn, etc are the main characters instead of Jan, Janet, Lucy, Katie, Mark, Paul, and Ellen, etc. I suggest you write them

Good story.
Abject Tears chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
What a lovely, gentle AU! This story is so beautiful, and yet, realistic.
Tracey Claybon chapter 10 . 12/4/2010
Hello, shirebound, and Merry upcoming Christmas to you and yours! I especially enjoyed the last chapter with Gimli and Frodo and Sam at the end - your vision of their affection for each other is always charmingly written and a pleasure to read, and I *loved* the greeting of Galadriel for Gimli in particular.

A stellar end to a stellar story - I didn't intend the pun just now, but it IS fitting.

Tracey, here and on LJ.
Shipwright's Trick chapter 10 . 12/4/2010
Thank you very much for the gift of a last chapter to this lovely tale. I'm glad to see you decided to add this.

Thank you for the mention of Aragorn, however brief. Even though this is a time of joy and not sorrow for all involved, there's still a little sorrow in the background, and you did a good job of portraying that without letting it get completely out of hand and turn into an angst story, as that topic is rather bound to do. I loved seeing Gimli's and Legolas' reactions to finding Frodo and Sam still looking young and happy on Tol Eressea. Especially Gimli's.

And thanks for the bit of closure regarding Bilbo. I find it very fitting that he should choose Taniquetil - a fitting tie-in for the quotation you put at the beginning. Very sweet.

Again, the bit about the tree (or, in Gimli's case, the rocks!) was well-done. I spent several minutes chuckling at myself, because even though the rocks certainly make more sense for Gimli than the tree, I existed in quite a happy stage of delusion. Frodo's astonished "That's /amazing/" made me smile, too. : )

Oh! Absolute favorite part: '"I do not suppose there is any ale to be found on this island?" Gimli asked wistfully.

"There is now," Sam said with a grin.' : D

And what a lovely ending as Frodo and Sam hail Earendil as he nears port "as they did each evening." A nice tie-in to earlier elements in the story, and a good way to bring us back to the original premises.

Thanks again for the epilogue. I enjoyed it very much.
ladylucens chapter 9 . 10/15/2010
You want a well-rounded critique and I find I cannot give one. I am simply blown away by the sheer beauty of this story. I believe the Professor would be, too. Namarie.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »