Reviews for To Be Valuable
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
so so true
Hiyami chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
*giggles* /He still needed more data./ That is so Holmes. I think I may have read this somewhere else and not on FFN. Seems very familiar. Or maybe I did read it on FFN a long time ago and just didn't review. Anyway, love it~
PeanutTree chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Aw, this was cute on both their sides. I love how Holmes tried to quantify friendship and kept thinking, "I need more data."
GSister chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Lovely! I thought this was a very good peek at our boys as they were beginning to know one another. I can see it fitting in well right between canon and KCS's wonderful canon-like fics (especially her 'pre-quel' of a Study in Scarlet...)

I loved your reminder of just how YOUNG Watson really was when he and Holmes first started their friendship (and I will now always picture Jude Law as the Young John Watson)!

Holmes's lack of overt sympathy in dealing with an injured Watson was perfectly in character - both from the stand point that the man himself wouldn't know HOW to show sympathy without pity (and I think in a way Holmes has always held too much admiration for Watson to ever feel pity), and from the fact the Holmes would be able to read Watson well enough to know that Watson wouldn't accept sympathy - OR pity.

And, like most of your previous reviewers have mentioned, the line "Was this friendship? He needed more data." was bloody brilliant. Is it any wonder that you are one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes writers?
reflekshun chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Truly a treat to read! Is there going to be a sequal?
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Wow. This is Watson as a Force of Nature. Even more so than Holmes.

Nicely done. Keep writing!
IrregularHonour chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Great story! Loved it! AND faved!
MamzelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This was great! It is so like Holmes to have to gather more data just to find out if this is a friendship or not. And I can see Watson being like that. Astute observation. :)
reginavictoria chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Was this friendship?

He needed more data.

XD How perfectly, utterly cleverly written, both humorous and profound :) Thanks for making my day a little brighter.
Literatech chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
You're so great at revealing what makes these guys tick. It's always such a joy to read your work.
Pompey chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Well! So much for lining up the cannons; Watson was astonishingly compliant.

But RUGBY? Eesh, Doctor, why not add bungy jumping without a cord while you're at it.
Silverfox1 chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Poor Watson! ... And almost clueless Holmes. *grin*
Froodles chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
'Was this friendship? He needed more data.'

That made me laugh so much.

Really enjoyed it, keep going :)
stupidpenname chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
I think I already read this while lurking on Watson's Woes. I like your character analysis of Watson and how it just lay there under the surface. You didn't feel the need to bash us over the head with it, and it was very subtle. Excellent stuff.

Also my favourite line:

"Was this friendship? He needed more data."

That was so Holmes in so many ways. It cracked me up something fierce.