Reviews for No Sky for Pirates
wynteralchemyst chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I've read this chapter before, several times in the past few years, and I love it more and more each time I read it. I absolutely adored Suitor for Ashe and loved reading how carefully you stayed true to the characters while adding to them and making them your own. In your profile it says that you appear and disappear at times, which is completely expected, and chances are that you've lost your muse for this prequel after all this time. But if, by chance, you ever do decide to revisit this story, know that there's at least one person who would be dying to read it. The way you protray Balthier and the small glimpses of Fran are fascinating, and I would love to see what you'd do with them. Best of luck with all your future writing, on and off FF.
Vespera chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Hi Crysty! I know it's been over a year, but I do hope you continue this. I just re-read "A Suitor For Ashe" (which held up nicely, and remains one of my favorite Balthier/Ashe stories) and that brought me to the prequel. Gotta admit; I'm not crazy about Fran/Basch. Sometimes I fell like authors stick them together just to pair off the party, with Penelo/Vaan and Balthier/Ashe. However, after reading ASFA, I feel that if anyone can make me believe in Basch/Fran, it's probably you. You did such a great job reinventing Balthier as Kilbourne, forging a wholly different romance between Balthier and Ashe, that you could probably sell me on just about any pairing.
clow-san chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Oh please! Oh please! You have to continue this. I love Basch and Fran and moreover this is a prequel to one of my most favorite FFXII fanfic.
terracannon876 chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
A cruel place to stop a chapter P I'm really interested in seeing how Balthier made his decisions to becoming Killbourne. And maybe how they decided on that name...

I love your dialogue language in your fic (Suitor for Ashe, but...hey, this fic is its prequel) - it sounds very in-character - and I love your characterizations, especially the relationship between the characters. Ashe and Penelo's friendship, Basch and Fran's version of marriage, Balthier and Vaan's apprenticeship-kind of thing.

Thanks for writing! I hope you update sometime O
KerraAftonDelvin chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
A good story. I liked it. Your writing and vocabulary are superb.
Ah-choo chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
I have always thought these two would make a good couple in a "What if" scenario. Then again I think Fran and Basch go good together with anybody. I love them both. Love how you captured both of them great too and not OOC. I look forward to seeing more of your chapters for this story.
CombustibleSpaghetti chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
I don't often write reviews, but this is too funny! I was a big fan of A Suitor for Ashe, however I simply stopped coming to this site around the time that you finished it. The day that I finally decide come back to see what new stories have been posted, this prequel is the first thing I see! It certainly made me smile. :)

On to the actual writing...I very much enjoyed this beginning. It sets up the story nicely, and some of your descriptions are wonderful. I will certainly be following this and looking forward to the next chapter!
LunarBlade Valentine chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Woo! Another story by you! Please continue it, as I'd love to see the prelude to the wonderful story that I loved so much!