Reviews for Mass Effect 2: Dark Rendition
mordreek chapter 32 . 10/4/2014
A well done and brutally dark story. It's rare to see a paragon Shepard done with such detail and finesse.
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 32 . 2/3/2014
This was good. I wish there would have been more, but I loved it.
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 28 . 2/3/2014
I thought you had killed off Liara so you didn't have to deal with a previous relationship, but this is well done. You created action that reverberated throughout, and the proper reactions to those. Also, very touching finish to the chapter.
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 26 . 2/2/2014
Oh... Did you just kill off Liara? That's sad.
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 7 . 1/31/2014
Well done in working the red eye glow of the renegade into the story.
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
I just want you to know, that this foreward/authors note/whatever gives me a lot of hope for this story. If I am disappointed, I will cry. I just want you to know that.
DeltaAgent chapter 26 . 9/6/2013
I love how your stories crossover. How this story is basically Mass Effect 2 but with skillful reinterpretation is a testament to how much thought you put into your work.
CommanderParagon chapter 32 . 6/27/2013
Man, you are the best! I haven't read much Mass Effect fan fictions yet, but your's amazing! Every moment of Shepard with Tali gave me butterflies in the guts! Fantastic! Keep writing, your abilities are great!
Lazy Spark chapter 32 . 6/12/2013
I can't say I agree with Tomon below on his view of missing Tali's trial. Normally it would be important to include it bu here it wouldn't fit. This story is about Tali helping Shepard out of his own troubles it would confuse things for Shepard to start comforting Tali... in my opinion that is.
Tomon chapter 32 . 3/31/2013
Very good tale and enjoyable reading material :)

Your Shepard could be probably best pal with Saren, at least if there wasn't the minor detail with bringing back the Reapers and killing all advanced organic life in the universe :-D

You make him really ruthless but still aiming for greater good. Your version of Tali is really like an angel and it's her who saved Shepard and make him able to succeed.

The only thing I mind in your story is skipping several important part. Your last final cliffhanger is a naughty thing but it's okay. But to skip Tali's trial? It's very important moment for their relationship... But whatever. It's your story to tell and you decided to not write it.

Still very good and you can be proud of yourself :)
Guest chapter 22 . 12/16/2012
Arlen?! Dear sweet Arlen from the Interceptor story? HE'S torturing Shepherd? Say it isn't so!
Mr.Vaz chapter 32 . 11/16/2012
A great work. Great characterization throughout, and you were able to do something I've seen few people do successfully: having lengthy combat scenes that genuinely feel tense without becoming taxing (especially the Haestrom bit). While the plot started to move forward in leaps and bounds toward the end, I can understand your desire to focus on their relationship. As for the ending, I'd say there's plenty there to tell what's going to happen in the collector base. That and the high note conclusion make for the polar opposite of the infamous Halo 2 ending.

Overall, a satisfying conclusion to an enjoyable tale.
Sherwood374 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Just read the foreword...the stuff you said about Liara and Tali, in my opinion you hit the nail squarely on the head. I went through the same kind of thoughts with Liara as my love interest in ME1, then getting the cold shoulder in ME2 and moving on to Tali. (Also, Author notes in every chapter gets really annoying after awhile, FINALLY AN AUTHOR WHO AGREES WITH ME ON THAT! THANK THE LORDS OF KOBOL! (sorry, just read like 3 Battlestar Galactica stories, couldn't resist saying that)).

All in all, I'm looking forward to reading this story!
ArchAng3l chapter 32 . 9/14/2012
I just finished reading this story and I felt I needed to say my piece. The Shepard of my ME universe, "my Shepard" is a man who is the pinnacle of man. The "Paragon of the Human Race" if you will. Proof that any man can be as "good" as he. Is he some goody goody drone in a super hero cape? Absolutely not, but treats almost everyone with respect and kindness. But not every Shepard is like that. Such as the one you have displayed in this very fine story. I don't limit my search for Shepard stories on ones like mine. Do I like it when they are very similar? Absolutely, but to those who take the different approach, more power to you. I could not help but think as I read your fic that our Shepards could've very well been the same man had certain things been different. While my Shepard grew under loving parents, a father who guided him and a mother who cared for him, yours was the victim of a horrible tragedy. While my Shepard became a name everyone knew for his bravery and selflessness protecting a city on his own, yours gained an unfortunate, and unfair infamy because of what he felt was a right call. While my Shepard fought on front lines, delivered aid, and liberated people, yours was a lethal agent behind enemy lines, only seeing the worst of his enemy. But both share several facts. Both are scarred from war and violence, and both hide this fact, mine behind jokes and smiles, yours with distance from his crew. And most inportantly, they both fell in love with the same selfless girl, who showed them that is was possible to let go, to live outside of the lives and burdens that others placed on their shoulders. I thank you, good author, for giving me a very entertaining piece of great fanfiction.
DETHREAPER chapter 32 . 8/1/2012
This was an excellent story. Explored very realistic themes and experiences, while being engaging and dark. Extremely well written, with the internal conflicts resolved, while the true skill inputted is apparent with tasteful deviations from the canon. The best Mass Effect fan fiction I've read yet, possibly the best fan fiction on this site.