Reviews for The Chronicle of Perdition
GallonsoftheStuff chapter 2 . 9/28/2015
The way you wrote Tracey using her power for the first time in a public place was great. There is something incredibly satisfying about experiencing that freedom with her. The child and the mother's reaction is spot on as far as realism (at least show wise) goes - it breaks my heart, but I accept it is part of a world in transition. There's going to be some dehumanizing before anything works out.

Ooo, enter bad guys! Introduction of villains for the plot line? Nice action-y way to do it. Good thing Rene and Angela are there to rescue Tracy - I think she's probably been locked up enough for now, don't you? And of course, Angela has ulterior motives, as always.

Aftermath for Claire, Gretchen being supportive (I like Gretchen - I think she could have been a really good friend for Claire in the series if there had been more episodes - even a possible romance would have been interesting, though end-game wants Sylaire/Gabriel/Claire of course), Claire making plans to see Noah while reviling the fact that she was thinking of Sylar again. Prevalent bastard! I love him.

Another journal entry... *sobs uncontrollably* Okay, so maybe not that strong of a reaction, but you're hitting me hard in the feels with these things. I'd feel bad for anyone stuck in their worst nightmare, but it being Sylar/Gabriel? Favorite character and all, those segments make my heart bleed. The cat being dead is just not fair! *curls into a ball to nurse feels* Cats are some of my favorite animals too. So that hit hard.

Plus another smack with Claire doodling Headphones. RIP Headphones, extension of Sylar/Gabriel's mind torturing himself. And another for more of the shit of a world in transition. Damn people and their paranoia! At least there's good ol' Noah, always there to give Claire-Bear some fatherly love. (I tried so hard not to make that sentence sound perverted, but it still does in my head and I'm so sorry that you have such a terrible person reading your fic.)

Yay, yay, Sylar rescues people! Crap, they're specials (or should I be calling them Evos, since that's what Heroes: Reborn is calling them?). Thank goodness for interruptions. And Peter and Emma, because they are definitely good for Sylar (and not to eat their brains). But damn, he reacts badly to realizing he lost the journal. I wanted to pluck him out of the story and tell him Claire has it so bad. Too bad I can't do that.

Loved the chapter. Can't really think of any criticisms, constructive or nit-picky. Kudos.
emmaleewhittaker chapter 16 . 9/24/2015
OMG THIS NEEDS TO BE RENEWED PLEASE I NEED IT
GallonsoftheStuff chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
While I seriously doubt a few new reviews will bring you back to this story after years away, I'm going to review anyway. Because I've enjoyed this (read the whole thing, going back to review one chapter at a time) and think it deserves reviews, even if it never gets finished.

For the first chapter. I like the way you set the situation up, making it believable that Claire would be out late at night. I don't know if it's just the fics I've been reading, or if it is just a really common device, but initially the "Claire is attacked" bit made me groan - but you did it well and other than that first little bit of irritation, I thought it was good. Sylar's intervention was a satisfying read as well.

Your writing of each character portrayed in this chapter was entertaining. I especially liked your portrayal of Gretchen. She's amusing. But didn't she change her major to genetics in the series?

I like the idea of Sylar keeping a journal. Especially if Claire finds and reads it. This first chapter acted as a good hook. And hopeless as it may be, I'll follow the story on the off chance you come back to it. :)
CrazySue05 chapter 16 . 2/25/2013
Where'd you go? I miss you so...feels like it's been forever, since you've been gone. Anyway, we are all "patiently" waiting for you to finish this. I know you've scribbled some notes in your music folder. We are ready for more please!
Marie Vulffe chapter 16 . 12/18/2012
This is probably my favorite piece by you. The humor, drama, action and angst all blend together beautifully, and I simply had to read it all in one go (same goes for your other stuff, btw). The plot kept me guessing, and I was pleasantly surprised with every twist. Your Noah is also probably my favorite out of all the other versions that are out there.

I do hope you finish this; I'll be following it to make sure I don't miss anything. Keep up the amazing work!
12agnar0k chapter 16 . 9/14/2012
Seriously you have got to finish this, you can't just end on this awesome build up to what looks like the culmination of all fights, surely you must be finished watching being human and music isn't that important.

Really love your character portrayals, also the scenes behind the wall were great, not to mention a solid plot, excellent writing capability that totally captivates a reader. Please finish this ;) Or keep writing on and on and on and on for eternity so we can really experience the monotony of never ending time. Tick Tick Tick.
mel chapter 16 . 7/22/2012
Wow, re-reading this I realized I had forgotten how awesome this story is.
Takiki16 chapter 16 . 5/28/2012
You have ABSOLUTELY GOT TO CONINUE THIS! The characterization of all the Heroes and VIllains is absolutely spot-on: Sylar walks the perfect line between his sarcastic dark side and his anguished redeeming side, while Molly and Claire react to him perfectly. And the way that Sylar neatly points out how none of them should cast the first stone at him was everything I could hope for.

I really, really hope Claire and Molly (especially Molly) can find it in their hearts to forgive Sylar and see Gabriel instead. Sylar's innocent victims are really the ones who have the rights to forgiveness or eternal hatred. And, as much as I love seeing Gabriel happy, Sylar was a pretty black-hearted monster for a big portion of the series.

Your writing style and dialogue are vera vera nice. I like how you don't switch between emotional viewpoints, but stick to one narration perspective. Giving the reader a billion "inside glimpses" at once makes the writing a bit immature and over-eager. And I love the overlap of Sylar's journal with the present quest.

Please, please, PLEASE continue! This story is too good to languish forever in the wastelands of WIP! I know how hard it is to get cracking on an old story when you have been entranced by a shiny new fandom, but we readers miss the good stuff! If you need a boost, just read over your own brilliant work and inspiration will (hopefully) come flowing right back! We are willing to wait years for an update and a conclusion, just so we know that there WILL BE one.
julyisfree chapter 16 . 1/17/2012
I've lost count of how many times I've read this fic and it's really amazing to me that everytime I did, I found it even better than the last time. Seriously? This history has the right amount of drama, suspense, action and of course romance (and let me tell you that was because of you that I decided to jump into the awesomess of sylaire). I know that you probably forgot about all the heroes world but I will patiently wait until the day that you decide to continue this because I'm your faithfull fan. So Thank YOU incredible writer!
Psychomech chapter 16 . 1/10/2012
I enjoy this story because of it's complexity. It's not a romance novel - found the redeeming power of love and all problems are solved.

I'd been reading this story on your LJ and came here hoping you might have updated here but not there. I hope you do update! I wanna know what Samson will do!
evening blue chapter 4 . 1/1/2012
good story so far(ch4) im in love with it, nice work on the big words and the descriptiveness :)
memory is strange chapter 16 . 9/23/2011
update, please? pretty please?
lindsaysf chapter 16 . 9/19/2011
For some reason I missed that this last chapter had been posted. In March? Finding that I still had more to read brought a twinge of pleasure. Reading Ch 16 brought even more.

Images of Sylar in the "wall" isolation grab my heart. The twist that Samuel using enough of the others' power to deplete it totally hints of some interesting possibilities. And motive.

I was afraid you'd lost interest in this and gone on to other stories. As you probably have. :-(

Yeah, "Being Human" has grabbed me too. I'm looking forward to the new season. Have you seem both the Brit and the US version? I'm new enough to be just starting to figure out which is which.

I'll have to keep my eye out for other things you write.
CheyTea chapter 16 . 7/6/2011
I am very excited for your real life... but where are you? HELLO? The story is finally really taking off.

Samuel and Samson, really? Fun! I wonder if there is any correlation between the name Sam and evil. However, I do not feel Samuel is truly evil- just has a bad case of Borderline Personality Disorder. Just needs somebody to love him.

I'm still trying to figure out how the oil industry is behind this. Well- I can see how they could use Samuel, the earth mover. But Samson? Maybe the combined powers of Sylar and Samson equal the whole boat of specials. Am I close? Just think of how crazy it would get if Arthur was still alive.
CommodoreOblivious chapter 16 . 6/23/2011
I'm in love with this story. And your characterization of Sylar. It's really hard to find fics that capture it so well because he's such a complex character, but you do it so well!

I was also wondering, because your stories are so wonderful, if I might try my hand at doing audiofics from a few of them? All credit to you, of course, and I'll give you the file or the link whenever I find out how to work it. Let me know. :D

Regardless, I'm looking forward to an update. Thanks for writing! 3