Reviews for A Matter of Dignity
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Awesome story! Wish you would continue! Aaml?
LeChick chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
This is so in character and adorable! I can totally see this happening.
turle chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
There are many ways to tick off Misty: hurt her pokemon, call her a runt or scrawny, insult her friends, and finally the one he did; insult her crush.
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
LOVED IT!

Oh Loved it!

Oh Perfect!

Wonderfully structured as a story, written fantastically, and just way too sweet.

Of COURSE Ash would take his mom out on Valentine's Day :)

Those last two paragraphs before flashing back are really fun in the way they hint at what's gonna go down. "Not that it had been the reason for Misty to hit him. . .it hadn't been exactly her dignity. . ." etc.

"although making sure to leave a fake expression of interest plastered on her face before doing so," - I love how you phrased this.

And the "responsible oldest sister" bits were great too.

Really sweet. I would love to see how Ash would react to hearing what happened.

This was loads of fun because there was so much more that I wanted to hear and know and find out what happens, and that is absolutely the hallmark of a great story. Leaves me wanting so much more. And since it's a one shot, then that's all in my head, but, well, you know, awesome work.

LOVELY STUFF.

FAVOURITED.
Erina-chan chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Yayayay I'm so glad this was up!

I loved it, it was so in character and I actually cooed aloud at who Ash's date was!

Perfect!
marixoxella chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
great fic, i have yet to read a vday fic with no coupling and this is the first one :) great great

the punch was very misty-esque.

i wish ash had seen it :P
d i n o b o t chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
I usually don't ready stories based on holidays or dates... but the underlined theme was mainly dignity so, I let it slide :)

But yeah, that was freakin' fantastic. So many things I liked. First of all, I liked how it was non-chronological... always a plus. Then, Misty's horrible date, very relate-able. I wasn't sure who Ash's mystery date was, then I was like - Of course, it's gotta be Delia! Ash is such a Momma's Boy. Anyhoo, I liked how she defended his dignity and the WAY she did it. Hilarious at parts, always good writing. Keep it up... seriously. XD
Milotic chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Aww, this story made me love Ash all the more. I can totally see him taking his mother out on Valentine's Day, which is really cute. I think you've characterized everyone well, and I enjoyed the story. Thanks. :)
Bittersweet Romanticide chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
That was hilarious! I think you nailed everyone's character pretty nicely - especially her sisters halfhearted caring. They care...just not overly so. XD

I don't blame her for hitting Travis in the face. You don't insult a girl's friend, and you especially don't insult a guy for treating his mother well. There's an old saying about how you can judge a man's heart by how he treats his mother. Travis seems like the kind of guy who only writes to his mom to let her know he needs more cash so he can win another league.

You did a great job with this. Within a few lines you made me dislike Travis (and not because he was a love rival, but because he was legitimately obnoxious), made me laugh, and mixed a great amount of fluff and friendship!

Happy Valentine's Day! :D Hope you have fun in your travels!
Ronmione x3 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
GEEZ, what a jerk! But Misty was totally awesome... I hope she went and talked to Ash for a bit after she socked Travis in the face, no? ;-D
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Aww, that's cute of Misty to stick up for Ash like that. :3

Daisy seemed slightly OOC... honestly, I can't imagine her caring enough about Misty to lecture her like that... but, it didn't seem like a big deal.

I'm just sad that Misty couldn't have gone and hung out with Ash and his mom after that though. :D But really cute story. Happy Valentine's Day.