Reviews for Valentine Vignettes
resourceful chapter 5 . 2/22/2010
Your series of Valentine vignettes are delightful. What an enjoyable read - from sad and touching at the end of Amanda's first marriage to the sweet and passionate on her honeymoon. I love the way you gave them an "out" before they hurried to catch their flight to CA. If only Lee had followed his instincts. . . .

Year one and year two are hysterical. Your take on Dean and Amanda surpass the humor of the show. I certainly wasn't expecting an autographed umbrella. You made Amanda's fantasy of Lee pop off the page.

Year three was true to there tentative relationship - "There was a strange sense of expectant waiting between them; electricity fairly crackled if they stood too close and all too often they found themselves gazing at each other"

I loved your comparison of Amanda with Lee's old girl friends - "They weren’t divorced mothers with two young boys and the word commitment virtually tattooed to their foreheads."

You did a beautiful job of conveying their feelings while staying true to canon. "Amanda held their joined hands up between them. “You’ve already given me a present, Lee Stetson. You’ve given me this. Your friendship. Your trust."
Loretta the Contessa chapter 5 . 2/19/2010
liked the new chapter starting with the honeymoon. very nice
amieemb chapter 5 . 2/18/2010
This was a great chapter - so full of emotions. Nice job!
berniej chapter 5 . 2/17/2010
Wow chapter 4 was almost like watching the show, though I'm not sure he would have been comfortable giving her any kind of Valentine before they actually were together, a silly present or even some flowers yes but to admit he had been dating bimbo's! Amanda was just right .

The 5th chapter was lovely I'd forgotten the date they married and there was a certain feeling of sadness during their morning when things were going slightly off knowing where the day would end, it brought out the feelings that were portrayed in that episode beautifully..I'll be interested to know just what brilliant presents he's going to come up with for her in the future!

Thanks for sharing

Gloria chapter 4 . 2/16/2010
Wow! What a great story! The romance between Lee and Amanda is incredible. I really enjoyed how you described Lee and Amanda's developing relationship with each other. Awesome! This is a perfect Valentine's story and one of my favorite SMK stories. Thank you very, very much for writing!
amieemb chapter 4 . 2/16/2010
I just sat and read all 4 chapters and they were wonderful! The developement of each character and their relationship was really great to watch. The changes in both followed the show from season 1 on.

I can't wait to read more!
Loretta the Contessa chapter 4 . 2/16/2010
great chapter. cute to see Lee not doing the usual for her
berniej chapter 3 . 2/15/2010
Hi, this is obviously for chapter two! I burst out laughting at the gift and no I wasn't with Dotty and expecting a ring but I never thought of an romantic..heavy he most likely thought it was! I liked the way Lee was interfering with her fantasy..very nice...I can't remember getting a good look at Dean during their dating but as I'm currently watching them again from the begining I'll keep an eye out...and maybe for that 'special' umbrella too

Thanks for starting the morning with a laugh

Loretta the Contessa chapter 3 . 2/15/2010
This review is for the new chapter two. fanfiction wouldn't let me review chapter two again as a double review. I couldn't help laughing at the signed umbrella and Dean thinking that was romantic. She can put them with those matching bookends he got her before. If I had a choice between Dean and Lee I know who my subconscious would pick also. Great chapter
Loretta the Contessa chapter 2 . 2/15/2010
enjoyed the new chapter. can't wait to read more
berniej chapter 2 . 2/14/2010
Hi, new SMK lovely...the first was kinda sad the end of a marriage often happens well before either will acknowledge and in this case I guess at least they didn't just stay 'together for the kids sake' and both had the chance to move on...Amanda would never have met Lee if she'd been a 'good wife' and forever put up with the sham marriage and Lee would have probably gotten himself killed much too young...still it happened so 'alls well that ends well'!

The second I often feel like smacking Francine when she starts on Amanda and of course at the begining Lee was just as bad...sometimes I think Amanda, after the first two episodes, went far too easy on him, she was a lot feistier(is that a word even!) in the first two episodes giving him an earful back..and it was a great idea to put Francine in her place with his help in this story. Looking forward to more seasons Valentines,thanks for sharing

Staflea chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Beautifully written and very sad. It's good to see some back story. In the series Amanda never spoke of her broken marriage so it's great to see this filled out.
Loretta the Contessa chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
like the new story. hope she will have better times with Lee