Reviews for The Cock & La Poule
1tinac chapter 1 . 3/15
Heartfelt wonderful tears...thank you for sharing.
Rachel Garber chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Wow talk about being punched in the stomach, it was a beautiful story, yet so horrible as the tragedy unfolded. I don't know what else to say.
HeartOfDarkess chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
oh what a wonderful but heartbreaking story. thank you so much for sharing xx
Gillian Aubrey chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
That was very unexpected! E&J's love story was beautiful but the rest was so sad. I have had sudden deaths in my family so I understand what Edward went thru to a certain extent. Thanks for sharing, it was a brave move!
joy chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Wonderful story.
Sophiepicklegirl chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Wonderful story - thanks for sharing, sniff, sniff, hanky dab...
Shelia008 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
beautiful, but awfully sad
BaerAndSheep chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Im in tears. You cant imagine how much your story moved me. The worst of all fears, to loose the one you love most, to loose him suddenly without saying goodbye, to be alone and to not know how to handle your life alone. I understand perfectly why these things kept you up at night as a child and the worst is, there is no cure for this, there will never be an assurance that this wont happen. I guess the best one can do is to be grateful everyday for the persons we love, even if they drive us crazy from time to time.

Thanks so much for sharing!
buildmeapyramid chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
You just broke my heart. Just imagining going through that brings tears to my eyes. Very well done.
GracieBlack28 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Oh GAWD. I saw this on TwiSlash and I'm so glad I took the time to read it. It was so beautiful and poignant. I had a some trepidation about the title, wondering what it meant for the story, and it was so much more than I expected. This was a precious tale and it was heartbreaking. You did such an amazing job.
naelany chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
*sniffle* you made me cry :-(
deenerneener chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I know it's over eighteen months since you posted this story, but I'm just now finding it.

I'm writing with tears in my eyes.

What a wonderful, painful, touching story this was.

Several things I'm thinking about here.

How fate permeated this story. The fate of blue and silver iPods. The fate of Egyptian blood transfusions. The fate of home-bound flights, and misplaced mountains.

Then, how Jasper's delay telling the tale of the cock and la poule foreshadowed your own delay telling us what was in the box that arrived on Edward's doorstep.

We had to hear the whole story before we could feel the depth of its significance.

It especially touched me that Rosalie continued the tradition of sharing the salt and pepper shakers on a half-year rotation with Edward. Because although I'm sure he has many, many more mementos, THINGS, to remind him of Jasper than Jasper and Rosalie had of their parents, the history and meaning that filled those pieces of ceramic probably mattered most.

It constantly surprises me how much more easily I can tolerate a sad ending in a one-shot than I can in a multi-chaptered piece. Among even those, though, this one stands out.

Thank you for sharing your writing.

(I'll mention that I recently read, and LOVED, Sketchbook Revelations, as well as its outtakes and drabbles. I'd have reviewed every chapter if I'd been reading it as it was posting. I'm so sorry I was lazy and didn't review it. It deserved my response.)

I noticed on your blog that you've written another story, Fall Into You. I'm looking forward to it, along with anything else you write.

Meanwhile, all the best.
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Such a sweet couple...

:) and :(
upsidedownntwisted chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
*hugs* so sweet, so sad
swred5 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Beyond beautifuland hauntingly sad. My husband and I have been together 24 years, since I was 15. He is my life and my greatest fear is losing him. You made a beautiful love story. Thanks for sharing your talent.