Reviews for A Thousand Generations
CaliforniaTD chapter 6 . 6/24/2010
I'm very much enjoying what I'm reading so far. Mari seems like such a painfully yet delightfully realistic character. The writing style is light years ahead of mine of course, and if Peter Cushing himself wrote his own character's dialogue for this fic, Grand Moff Tarkin would not be saying anything different. It's easy to picture his venomous glare and his cold demeanor by just reading the dialogue.

Also, I may just be grasping at straws, but is Crispin named after Crispin Glover?
TurtleFeathers chapter 6 . 6/3/2010
Mari seems to believe in the Jedi, but not the force. The others seem to take it a little too personally. Politics. .'
TurtleFeathers chapter 5 . 6/3/2010
I love seeing how real you made Mari.

"Now she found that, once deactivated, its keyboard made a great pillow."

"The blaster bolt had really made her appreciate having a painless, working arm."

Her fantasies just makes her more relateable, in my opinion.

"It was probably Lord Vader himself, with a friendly warning that his flagship was inbound and warming up its ion cannons. He probably had Jinda with him, laughing and pouring him a drink. Shining his helmet."
TurtleFeathers chapter 4 . 6/3/2010
I wonder who was being interrogated.
TurtleFeathers chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
This could get very messy... '
TurtleFeathers chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
These always make me cry. T.T
TurtleFeathers chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
The characters are very likeable so far. _
Knightfall1138 chapter 6 . 6/2/2010
I really like how this story has progressed. It has a lot of stuff that Star Wars fans will really love to read about again. It's like one big walk down memory lane with some really great characters.

Great job!
rutger5000 chapter 4 . 5/28/2010
Though I never read Hemingway, I know a little bit about his work. According to me he wrote stories without an actual begining or end. But people still enjoyed it a lot.

This feels the same to me, I have no idea who the characters are, and what happened for them to get into this situation. Yet I love to read this.

Great work.

Rutger5000
Knightfall1138 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Aw, well I wasn't expecting this!

This story had some fantastic potential, but these two chapters were definitely fitting given the situation. The Jedi might fade from the galaxy but they'll be back, and more powerful than you can possibly imagine. The same can be said for your writing endeavors...if I didn't make that analogy clear yet!

This was a good, strong way to go out. Here's to what will follow.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/14/2010
Wow. I mean, just wow. That was spectacular. I especially liked that you chose to do Luminara's death as there are not many fanfics like that out there and it's interesting to see what she would have been thinking about during the last moments of her life.

I can't believe that you are going to stop writing. Gems like this are difficult to find anywhere. Good luck for the future, whatever you do next.

x
rutger5000 chapter 2 . 2/14/2010
Beautifull simply breathing. Nothing else to say about it.