Reviews for A Lady's Touch
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
I agree Miss Adler is way more amusing than Watson.
A Vulcan's Kiss chapter 2 . 12/22/2012
Please. Update.
What 1987 chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
your Irene says the most clever things, of them all
Sandalaris chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
I'm finding your Sherlock stories facinating. You capture the characters so well, and I love the idea of Irene playing match-maker/marriage counselors to our boys. She's such a devious little creature.
LonelyNightz chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
i love this so much, so far. i dare say it's bloody brilliant, you captured the characters beautifully, keep up the good work. i cannot wait for more!
marie.hpdm chapter 2 . 9/20/2012
so no part three?
Anonymous chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
Where's the rest!?
Love-slave chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
I love this way too much. Your Irene alone is incredible. I love everything about her. Not to mention your writing style, the premise of the story and the fact that you got both Holmes and Watson so on! I can't wait for the update! You're awesome!
AnimeSiren chapter 2 . 4/3/2012
Your Miss. Adler is wonderful. Her lines keep me so interested in what's going on
SHRevolutionary chapter 2 . 1/19/2012
Continuing this would be splendid.

- SH
Kittyloveskatten chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
In most cases, the beautiful writing is the cherry on top of the chocolate cake which is the slash. In this fanfiction, the slash is that little cherry on top of the eloquent writing style.

Please do not stop, I really enjoyed this. x
Just Miki chapter 2 . 1/3/2012
Your writing surpasses perhaps even the Sherlock Holmes books. YOu have a brillantly sharp edge to a enthralling and relistic story. I love what you've done and was devistated to relize it had been years since the last chapter. heres Hopeing
SeverusDmitri18 chapter 2 . 1/2/2012
MORE! :)
bby chapter 2 . 10/24/2011
I love Addler's dialogue and the quick pace of her words. I can almost hear her chirping carefree voice, full of orders and demands. To be a woman like that.
TheWeirdSistaz chapter 2 . 4/14/2011
I know you don't use your account anymore, but the LJ link led here, so I'm hoping you'll get this comment anyway :)

Just to let you know that for a start, I think it's sad that there's no more of this fic, 'cause it's so delightful, but it also leaves off in a very hopeful place, which is lovely.

But more importantly, I adore your Irene-she's definitely the best version of her I've read, and I love how you've dealt with the relationship between her and Holmes. It feels real, you know. And she's so thoroughly fun, which is what I think Irene should be. While also having depth! And she's shipping Holmes/Watson, so how could I not love her, haha! ;) Lastly, I'm pretty sure this is one of the only Sherlock Holmes fics where the author has spent any time describing London-particularly the press of people there. The following paragraph really stood out for me, as did the description of the smog as being "thick as buttermilk":

"The street was a busy one. All over the pavement and the cobblestones there was a great activity, a great sense of predefined purpose; a coordinated and corroborated feel to the all-consuming, reeling mass. Ordered chaos. Gentlemen – gold-and-ivory-tipped canes tucked pompously beneath their arms – bowed politely to ladies they recognised, hailed cabs, walked briskly down the street with gold-gilt pocket-watches in their hands. Ladies moved beneath lace parasols in groups, chatting amiably, gowns hidden beneath long cloaks. And then the blurry region of the less reputable: clothes not so smart, faces not so well-powdered, carrying boxes, carrying carpet-bags, voices a little too loud when they spoke. A few urchins dashing about bare-foot. Servants on errands. Heat coming off cab-horse flanks. Not a single distinctness in the entire spectrum of people; but a vast continuum, in which one type blended into another, in the same way that each house facing into the street blended together like row upon row of bricked teeth. Each apartment had no lack of delicate charm – but each one's charm was so similar to that of its neighbours that, delicate or not, they all seemed alike. Such was London – so compressed and so minutely diverse that the overwhelmed senses had no choice but to step back, to squint, to take only the general idea to avoid being swept away by a voluminous whole."

(Sorry for long quote) But it's just so beautifully written, and so very evocative. It captured the essence of Victorian London for me, in a way that I hadn't realised that a lot of fics haven't done for me. Normally, streets come across as surprisingly empty but here you have a crowded and noisy London street, and the image is hugely visual so that it's so easy to picture. I didn't even have to think about it, I could just tell what that street looked like at that moment.

...And I'm going to stop rambling now. So I hope you still get this comment, and that it made some kind of sense! Essentially, I love this fic, discontinued as it is, and I am about to go and read all the rest of your Holmes fanfiction! (And maybe some for other fandoms too...)