Reviews for You with the Empty Eyes
Snowyfoxs chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful story and sharing with us.

I keep on reading this over and over again. Even if I knew how it was going to end, my heart keeps breaking over and over for Brendan at this line.: "I nod my head once. One time is enough because my heart can't break twice."

And the next line just cut me down when I'm already down on the ground wallowing in angst.

"You turn around, and never back. And it feels strangely like our eyes have never met in the first place".

I think what killed me the most is that Brendan is not bitter at all about and just sadly accepts it like it's the inevitable. But this is a beautiful story and the best one, albeit hurt wrenching, honenshipping fanfiction I read. I wish you wrote more for this pairing, but I'm also extremely content with franticshipping too.
Anony.tran chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Thank you for this beautiful piece.
That's all what I want to say.
Satari-Raine chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Utterly breathtaking, emotional and moving, and so bittersweet. I'm left speakless at the raw talent that you have demonstrated with this.

Amazing job.
ButActu-Ally chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Aw I love Brendan. After I beat my game I was so sad that he disappeared. This is so sad and adorable and AMAZING!
RoyaleDeuce chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
WOW.

(Adding both the author and the story to my favorites)
quintilis chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
"Because our fourth rematch is still waiting out there somewhere - in a flowery field or in a packed city that isn't suffering under sweltering suns and drowning rains."

Beautiful. And while the suns and rains part is breathtaking, I like the idea behind the rematch a lot. I can just imagine them somewhere, running into each other in the middle of nowhere as always, smiling, battling. The field of flowers just adds to the extremely evocative phrasing. (On a random and completely obscure side note, I for some reason thought of Will and Lyra on the American hardcover for THE AMBER SPYGLASS at this line).

Great job!
croquant chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
W-Wow. The other reviewers said it all. What shook me personally was how realistic the whole story remained - from the Brandon's emerging feelings to your adherence to small canon details. Thank you for posting up this beautiful fic.
That Crazy Hippie Gurl chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I didn't get most of that, but I liked it.
paper lotuses chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
This is just stunning... The voice, tone, the style, everything. I absolutely loved it.
heylalaa chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
this is really - wow. i really, really love it. i mean, this is really good. with the description and all of those metaphor. i love it.

my favorite line. really, really nice. :)
It's Sora again chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
P.S. I finished reading this and looked at the title again, and "Make Damn Sure" by Taking Back Sunday started playing as background music in my mind - my favourite lyric in particular resurfaced: "You hollow out my empty eyes / You hollow out my empty eyes". Just thought I'd mention that. xDDD

Sora(:
young dawn chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Ibuberu, you are a genius! A brilliant genius! Gosh, the metaphors, symbolism, descriptions... They all overtook me. I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner! You're writing is impeccable as always (and I know I keep saying this), but this takes a different turn from all else I've seen from you. Scratch that, each and every piece you compose is a treasure in itself! They're all unique and should be coveted.

The tone is what got to me the most. This guy is just some purely tortured soul, isn't he? I never thought about the game this in depth before.

I was somewhat fond of this pairing before, but thanks to you, I'm now a full-fledged shipper! xD

Your gloves are black and white, mine are yellow – that is the only thing that stays unchanged.

This one was a major ouch. I mean, seriously, it's such a simple line, but there's so much emotion and feeling laced into it that I can't even begin to comprehend.

I nod my head once. One time is enough because my heart can't break twice.

You turn around, and never look back. And it feels strangely like our eyes have never met in the first place.

I go out to unfold my bicycle, and ride off down the dirt trail.

This ending section killed me the most, especially that middle line. Okay, that one killed me at least a dozen times over. What I liked most about this is that there's no bitterness within him... just a sad acceptance. Oh... oh gosh... would you look at that? I just died again.

I'm going to go angst in a corner now, but before I leave, I offer up an enormous thank you. This piece offered me much insight on the games and characters. I hope you never stop writing because that's what you were born to do.

Always,

Sora(:
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
This would make sense, Brendan sort of left the face of the earth after the Championship battle. You write them so...in character, but with little twists that makes it more believable.
Emasaur chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
"You’ll wonder and I’ll assume – but we both understand that no one ever confirms."

I really just adored that line.

The whole thing was heartbreaking, but beautifully worded. Loved it.
glaceon chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
beautiful, made me all teary.

that is true, though. you never see your rival again in R/S/E.

but that comment about Jun made me laugh xD