Reviews for Bell Jar
new animal chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Oh wow. This is perhaps the best Adachi fanfic I've read so far. I just loved, every word of it. I loved how you characterized his sociopathy, his logic and view towards the world and general, and the whole twist at the end where he realizes he's the one suffocating in the jar.

I hope you write more on Adachi someday. Fics as good as this are a rarity.
Mags chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I loved this! It was really insightful into Adachi's character, and generally just a very intelligent piece of literature.

I think you really gave an excellent description of what Adachi's thought process is probably like, it made sense, his motivations for his actions and his reactions were all explained wonderfully, I haven't seen many (or maybe any) other writers do this!

You didn't just make him seem like a rambling lunatic with no rhyme or reason to his behaviour, you made him seem so believable!

Fantastic piece of work here (:
HeWhoDestroysAll chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I have a similar mindset to Shibataea.

Adachi is an interesting character as he is actually a pretty realistic sum up of what people are beneath the mediocrity and lies we try to potray.

Anyway nice sum up of Adadchi's character and the *game's* toll on him.
Insomniac Owl chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Brings up the interesting question if you are your intentions or your actions.

I like your characterization of Adachi; I've never played Persona, but so many people have told about it that I figure I should, at the very least, give the fics a try.

Good job :)
Crestfallen13 chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
This has got to be one of the most disturbing pieces I've read in quite some time. You did an excellent job of capturing Adachi's mindset. The way he views the world, the reason for how he acts... even his thoughts as Namatame was caught and the "game" of his was growing difficult... All of it was depicted perfectly. Bravo.
Change This Later chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
I don't normally leave reviews, least of all for authors I've stalked too long to remember when I really started. I can never bear to tell anyone I've placed awkwardly on a pedestal what I really think about them, unless it's under anonymity. But I digress.

This was - I don't even know where to begin. I don't really know whether I should sum up how I'm currently feeling as something tangible, like, "this was one of the most accurate portrayals of Adachi I have ever seen," or let it spin into some vague madness like "akjsdhlajsdfhlskdf why are you so awesome and amazing and epic why why why why."

...and now the only thing I can think of writing is another 'why,' but that wouldn't say anything of importance. So I guess I'm going with the latter then.

I don't want to say anything about atmosphere and technique and writing, because that would ruin my mood. I have no interest in analyzing my own brain. But this story, it was just... so perfect. So very Adachi. I don't really like phrasing it that way, the same way I don't really like saying that I hate him or love him. I think I'm running out of compliments.

The scary thing is, the way you portray him, I found myself realizing, "in some ways, I'm a lot like Adachi," and I think a lot of people would have the same experience.

Or maybe it's just me.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say here.

ALKSJDHLASJDF I LOVE YOU