Reviews for By the Grey Light of Dawn
Fireblade's song chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I love it when you write from unusual perspectives. I think you're the only author I follow who has written from the perspective of animals, without giving them too much human thought in the process.

As always, lovely fic. May your muse always cooperate, particularly when you want it to. XD

lostsouloftheunderworld chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Absolutly love this! Good work and please keep writting.
Larner chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Interesting to see this from the POV of the horse!
FireFly07 chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
This is great, you really caught me off guard with this POV. When you said, "one close to him" I was thinking, "Fingon." Great work, it captures the loyalty of Rochallor and his love for his master.
chisscientist chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
One wonders how much the animals used in war understand what is going on.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Well written, with an acute sense of tragedy.

Sarah x
Aearwen22 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I do love reading fics from unexpected perspectives. VERY nicely done, NiRi!
ellfine chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Exquisite! Very well written and well described - especially for a horse! You are inside his head so well and his understanding of his master is perfect. Very well done!
KyMahalei chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
You capture the stallion's point of view with a tense vitality that carries the reader through to the end. The tone of this little piece is quite compelling. I love the empathy and the intense loyalty of the stallion, as well as his single minded devotion to serve his master wholeheartedly. The tempo was also a winning feature of this story. You started slow, then moved more quickly and finally culminated in a full gallop.

Exquisite writing.