Reviews for Return to Fanfiction
You have no idea how cathartic it is to read this fic after reading a bunch of bad fanfiction

I love your representations of fanfiction. So creative and accurate at the same time. Like, reading this fic is like being on this website.
Happy Anon chapter 19 . 9/3/2015
Wow, I totally thought this was over, cool. And it's still not marked complete! :D
Alkeni chapter 17 . 9/3/2014
Very nice.
Josatex chapter 18 . 9/1/2014
Hurray for the annual update! For the record, I consider this more of a standalone story than something that should be regarded as 'fanfiction' only. Have you tried publishing this on an original stories site, like Fictionpress or something? Seriously, submit this for publication somewhere as a novella, or possibly even a full-size work- it certainly has the word count to qualify. Best of luck!
bornofthesea670 chapter 18 . 8/21/2014
So wait. One of your sort-of self inserts. Fell in love with one of your other sort-of self inserts.
summerful21 chapter 18 . 8/21/2014
Ahaha just when I thought it couldn't get any more meta. Thought that was lots of fun. I love that Aline found the kitchen really really real, it was a great idea. Update soon please!
Kammy Keetz chapter 18 . 8/20/2014
Wow, you are on a roll updating this thing! I have to wonder if you'd written it already, or if you're just trying to chuck out as much as possible before school starts. Either way, I detect no drop in quality.

To be honest, I kind of saw Aline, D, and Nikki as versions of yourself from the beginning... though I wasn't sure how to say so without being all "Lol, this is a self-insert!" (because it's not, not really). I saw Aline as portrayal someone would give themselves after looking back on past silliness and such. D, I thought, had waaaaaay too much of your "honest but rude" stance to not be somewhat based on you. And Nikki... eh, I though she fit in as a kind of balance between the extremes or something. But I guess that was wrong, because Nikki doesn't really fit anywhere in that scheme does she? Hm...

But yeah, aren't all characters a part of their author? It's something I've thought about on occasion myself... Actually, I take it back. The best characters are a part of who their author is, and the worst are simple ideas that author has. E.g: A cliche villain holds nothing of the author's soul, but is merely a shallow conception of what the author thinks evil is, without having thought about it (same for any cliche character really). A good villain is one that the author puts their real fears and their real desperation and dark moments into, understanding themselves and what could possible be evil in them as they write the story (same for a hero, too). This will give the villain a level of empathy and realism that makes them more effective to the reader.

Or at least, that's what I think. You could always base a character off what you think someone else is like... but doesn't your conception about that person usually say more about you than about them?

Anyway, faux philosophizing aside, I had to laugh at a few moments here and there. Like Aline suddenly finding herself implicitly trusting the Author (you?), or when she's assured that she will turn out hot. Or when Aline questions herself when she refers to the rest of the cast as "friends."

Great work. Keep it up!
Kammy Keetz chapter 17 . 8/16/2014
Amazingly, no one else has reviewed either chapter! This is kind of strange to me, considering that I was sure this story was popular. Anyway, I wanted to wait until I had thought of some sort of coherent insight about the story to review, but eh... I can't seem to think of anything meaningful to say about the story.

It's still great. The one thing I have to say-and not necessarily as criticism, just a general observation-is that things seem to be less humorous and more serious at this point. Like, actual pondering about the nature of existence as a character is being done. Which may not be a very serious matter to us, but is definitely very serious to the characters, so it provides a more serious tone. Maybe. I guess. There's still enough funnies in it though, so it's not a huge tonal shift or anything.

And is that the Dues Ex Machina button from the first fic? Hm... I wonder if it'll do the same thing as last time. Or will it do something different? Can't wait to find out!

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Kammy Keetz chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
This story has lain dormant for just about ever and then suddenly there's an update almost immediately after I put it on follow? And it has SURPRISE LESBIANS?

But seriously, I'm really happy to have an update. Normally I would attempt to make a coherent statement or insightful criticism, but I'm too ecstatic right now. Anyway, it is as usual, brilliant, witty, hilarious, and even meaningful, when Nikki started talking about how the only reason we keep on going is because of imagination-or telling ourselves stories. That's actually... very dark, but I think it's the truth.

Love it, love it. I actually think you could write this as an original story... you'd have to change the names or maybe replace the fanfiction characters with classic literature characters, somehow, but I think it COULD be done. Anyway, I'd read it. And buy it.

Thank you for your hard work!
dive chapter 15 . 8/10/2014
i heard lesbians, i'm sold tbh
Alkeni chapter 15 . 8/10/2014
A nice chapter. Great to see this updated.
Lasgalendil chapter 15 . 8/10/2014
She's back! The One Called Demetra is back with her brilliant one liners and scathing social commentary!

"Well, I'm from the real world…and I think most people would get along just fine without stories. Most people I know don't even read."

Good to see you again. One day I'm going to have to read this through from the beginning, because seriously your one-liners are priceless.

"I mean-this would make a really cool movie."
"That doesn't mean you should mix metaphors like that. It's just bad form."
I say 'offscreen' all the time when I really mean off page. Then again, as we read our visual cortex actually engages, so perhaps it really IS offscreen…

I digress.
Grey Foxes chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
This parody has made me laugh, snicker, wonder what the heck is wrong with Aline, and consider what can be done to improve my own writing. Thanks for that.
Meer-Katnip chapter 14 . 8/5/2013
Keep on writing...
Josatex chapter 13 . 7/31/2013
Must... resist... urge... to fangirl...

Hurray! An update! You just made my week :D Congrats on becoming active again.