Reviews for The very Typical Love Triangle
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Funny and cute. Mary's interactions with Colin were the highlight.

Well done!
Noiz Viruz chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
ROFL this really made me crack up. Good job at writing this one!
mes reves de cafe chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Hahahaha!

That was frickin' hilarious, so many favorite lines:

"No, I won't marry you! You're stupid, horrible and mean! I'm going to go angst in the garden!"

With that, she stormed out of his room and went to go angst in the garden.

And then of course, the end in which Mary is in love with Lord Funtleroy...

That story was brilliant, absolutely brilliant, I loved it!

~Marie
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
"I will go into a jealous rage! Raaage!"

My favorite. This is brilliant. Stupid Colin.
Little Dark Dynamite chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
This was very cute and very funny! My fave line was, "Aaagh! I'm trying to be a horrible brat so the readers can hate me! Now marry me or else! Aaagh!"

Well done.
Goldaylocks chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
This was good. Stupid Colin, he reminds me of my cousins
Recipe chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
"Agh! I'm trying to be a horrible brat so the readers can hate me! Now marry me or else! Agh!"

ROFL LMAO LOL HAHA

I'm glad I read this.

I now no longer need to read any other Secret Garden fanfictions, because you've basically summarized all of them.

You are amazing.

I will crown you with this codfish.
JandMbooklovers chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
. other than that it was good and totally random
HermioneLennon chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
XD I heart this fic! It made me crack up.
JadrienFilian chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
""No!" cried Colin, appearing out of nowhere, "I will go into a jealous rage! Rage!""

ROFL

This is so funny, you should write more. Of course you're right on pretty much EVERY point but part of that is the doing of Frances Hodgeson Burnett. Did you notice that the ONLY character in the original Secret Garden that never changed from beginning to end was Dickon? He didn't need to change, he was just fine as he was. So of course that makes him not even have a character arc and we all fall into writing him as his sweet innocent perfect self. Of course you may like Susan Moody's novel where Dickon screws prostitutes, has PTSD from the war and also screws Mary AND Colin.

I don't mind all the typical love triangle stories. Even Agnieska Holland went that route with her 1993 production, having Dickon and Colin both like Mary.

It would be pretty awkward to come here and read about how Dickon grew up to be an axe murderer, Mary a drunk and Colin a drag queen. I think I will stick with the typical stuff!:)
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
This...sums up about 98% of Secret Garden fanfiction. My favorite parts were:

"So, Mary went off to Colin's room to see where all his character development had gone.

"Colin!" Mary yelled, when she had finally reached his room, "how dare you lose all the character development that I helped you achieve?" " (Cause it's true. There are so few in-character Colins out there!)

and

"With that, she stormed out of his room and went to go angst in the garden. Her angsting was interrupted, however, when sweet, adorable, innocent Dickon walked in." (I will admit, I have written several Mary-angsting-in-the-garden scenes interrupted by Dickon, haha).

And I loved the references to the other Burnett novels!
that KJ kid chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
This is so amazing. I couldn't stop laughing. I read the first two lines and thought, yeah, it's about time someone skipped all that stuff at the beginning that no one really cares about. I loved the part where Mary goes to see Colin. Everyone villifies him and I don't think that quite fair, but it is the norm with 80% of the stories on here. Seriously the best line in here is when Colin appears of of nowhere ("Rage!")

Just... brilliant. You made my day. )
theatricalice chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Ohh this is a nice change :D

I've been giggling for a very long time after reading this and haven't managed to stop.

You may have just summed up a lot of Secret Garden fanfiction with this one line:

"With that, she stormed out of his room and went to go angst in the garden."
macawtopia chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
OMG, you've no idea how much this made me laugh!

Now, being an author of a *ahem* simmilar-ish fic, you'd think I'd be offended, but I was honestly laughing to hard to care ]

Oh, and I inexplicably loved the reference to 'A Little Princess'. Brilliant work!
meow chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
very funny :) my fave line was when mary said

"how dare you lose all the character development that I helped you achieve?"

haha it's so true i've read so many fics like yours (but not parody-like) where colin is a huge brat again and dickon is as wondeful and magical as ever.

thanks