Reviews for Soldier
TrinityGme chapter 3 . 2/21
Um, say why are all these chapters named after animals? I can understand the first chapter, but the rest... that's just beyond me.
This story was fantastic! I really liked how Mulan was proactive about the guerrillas, and I also enjoyed Shang's awkward attempts to just tell Mulan that he likes her :) Your writing is fantastic, and everything about this story just flows together beautifully. Thank you for sharing, and God bless!
Dancer who loves Westerns chapter 4 . 12/30/2014
gotta be cruel to be kind in the right measure. Sorry, song. Shang in his cruel-to-be-kind voice. It is a legitimate song btw, Cruel to be Kind.
Dancer who loves Westerns chapter 9 . 12/29/2014
aww so sweet.
Dancer who loves Westerns chapter 8 . 12/29/2014
hahhahha...Ping is a woman...the cause of all of his problems. Men are so blind.
Dancer who loves Westerns chapter 7 . 12/29/2014
um...the blood..interesting stuff will happen now
Dancer who loves Westerns chapter 6 . 12/29/2014
Yes! YES! YES! GO MUlan!\
Dancer who loves Westerns chapter 2 . 12/28/2014
I love this story. Head over heels in love.
jinglebellsisawesome chapter 9 . 11/30/2014
I loved this so much! I have often wondered what exactly occurred during the song and I am so glad that I've managed to find this. Thank you for writing this. I have loved every minute of it ;)
fishertowers chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
This was incredibly fantastic! I've never read a Mulan fic before, but your writing seemed to perfectly capture what you wanted.

ft
Nealapee chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
LOVE IT
RPGgirl514 chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Hey, I know this was posted several years ago, but the Mulan fandom is close to my heart, as it was the first time I discovered that people on the internet were actually writing fanfiction, back in 1998-1999 era. I rewatched the movie recently and decided to see what's out there now, and I stumbled upon this gem. Wonderful. I liked how you incorporated training elements and lyrics from the musical number, and the way you ended it by transitioning into "A Girl Worth Fighting For." Great job. I wanted to come back and review because I enjoy your writing style and I especially like your characterization of Mulan, and I hope to see more Mulan stories from you. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Really good. :)
lemon-rind chapter 9 . 3/19/2014
I found myself really getting into this, so thanks.
elle chapter 9 . 3/17/2014
sigh. oh man. waaaaaaaieeeeee *tears* PLEEAAAAAASSSE UPDATEEEE
sorry. i'll stop being annoying. haha but i adored this chapter, and I completely understand why you wouldn't want to just copy the movie into a story format (doesn't stop a girl from dreaming though T_T)

haha, ok ok, sorry.

thank you so much for writing this! I realize it was quite a few years ago but i am glad that you were convinced to post and finish it. I feel like fanfiction for movies are always difficult, but there really aren't enough mulan fics even now, and this is one of the few that are actually really thoughtful and well written. I am off to look at Toy soldiers now, but i wanted you to know that this is probably one of my favorite disney fanfics i've read on this site.

(by the way, you don't have to respond, but in case you wanted to, my email is Lya94 yahoo. com. i used to have a ff account but i forgot the password and can't be bothered to reset it .)