Reviews for In Vino Veritas
HowlynMad chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Errr, ummm, what happened to the part about the drunken Crane? I'm really bad about story jumping myself but I don't think I've ever been this cruel...
GiveTheDevilHisDue chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Oh dear god. Brilliance, I say! Utter brilliance! Damn Strange, he creeps me out...whatever. You write both characters really well. I especially loved, though, "It starts" and "Because the little slut must suffer!-Oh shut up" lines. So funny, but very creepy.

Keep this story going, it's great!
Dawnie-7 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Hehe, poor guy. He's just suffering and in so much pain, kinda like watching a dying cat, except this is amusing :)
Calamity in Motion chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Though I can't say I'm please with you spacing them out, I AM happy to read a piece of your work while waiting for the next chapter of Fear and Malice.

I' ve realize that every time I think about the character of the Scarecrow/Crane for my own writing, it is your character that I compare him with. Your version of Crane is honestly the best I've seen and the way I would like to think of him.

In fact as silly as it is, I haven't been ab;e to fid any other Crane story i can enjoy because none of them feature the cool, snarky man you've introduced me to.

I'm not really sure whether to thank you for a fantastic character, or curse you for making all the other version uninteresting.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to see what you do with this. :-P Good lord, between the summary and the setup I can practically taste the hilarity. If hilarity can be said to have a flavor...

...anyway. A few memorable points from this chapter:

-Hugo. Oh my god Hugo. You have made him into the creepiest, most uncomfortable, slimy character I've seen in a long time. When I read about him now, my instinct says gross. While admittedly this may derive in part from the Batman/mannequin fetish he's displayed in comics...a lot of it is just him. Here. Being Hugo. Ick.

-That brief description of child!Jonathan was utterly adorable. It amuses me even more given that it was basically said given his voice. Because he has no idea how adorable he was.

...the more I think about this, the more depressing it becomes. So moving on.

-I'm deeply curious as what could be keeping Harleen. Couldn't possibly be something so simple as a traffic jam.

-Yay awkward positions! And I'm getting the impression that Leland might be the new Kanye... But memetic pop-culture references aside, that entire situation got a chuckle out of me.

-"Sighing inwardly, he slowly closed his eyes, holding back a groan of despair with an ease that only came with one who was accustomed to not showing his true emotions. Even so—Oh Christ, not Strange—the last person that he wanted to encounter that night was the eerie Dr. Strange." I laughed out loud here. I think it was the "Oh Christ, not Strange" that did it. Bothering Jonathan really is too much fun.

-"...she had a look about her that said that she had a secret, but she wasn’t telling." That was an AWESOME description of Harley right there. Really hit the nail on the head.

-"He wasn’t about to point out that he rarely called her by her nickname. Oddly enough, that was usually reserved for moments when he was being especially serious, when he felt that being slightly more personal would better ensure him her unwavering attention." That felt incredibly in character. Not that your Jonathan has ever felt OOC to me, but this just stuck out as being something he'd SO do.

-"Because the little slut must suffer!" I lol'd. I lol'd most heartily. This was up there with the Evian line for me.

-“She calls me ‘Jonny.’” This, and Hugo's reaction, kept me grinning in a very silly fashion.

-"He liked orange juice," Interesting detail, and also strangely cute. Can definitely see it as being the case though.

-"Why does she call you 'Jonny?'" Methinks he needs that drink at this point.

Small crit: I was puzzling over the Latin spelling a bit, and I think it may be "Veritas" as opposed to "Veretas".

Very excited for the next chapter!
Ithurial chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Drunk jonny, I can't wait.

Good story,nicely written as always, keep up the awsomeness :)
Night Monkey chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
You know, this is really golden. It's delightfully funny and it makes the premise of a drunken Crane totally believable and not cracky or stupid. I love how Dr. Strange keeps bothering Crane with his hypno-crap. I also love Scarecrow's voice, though he's got so few lines. He's one seriously angry, eh, whatever he is. I'm not sure of what exactly I'd call him: dark half, split personality, shoulder devil, figment of a sick and twisted mind... Anyway, he's great. As is the rest of this story. Very enjoyable, indeed.
T0theM00N chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
It was great I liked it. Wish I cold write like u. Everything I write sucks. But keep up the good work!
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Indeed, Dr. Strange must be the absolutely worst person to be stuck with at an annoying gathering. Not only are you bored, this guy’s constantly trying to pick your brains and you can’t safely go batman on him.
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
I can't think of anything worse

than being at a party with shrinks.

Can you? lol.I take it that Jonathan

would rather do the psychoanalyzing

than being the one on the couch.

Hmm,I wonder what would think

of Jonathan's 'excuses' to himself about

his and Harley's accident in his office?

So many 'it just so happened that...lol.

I read that the actor Alan Ladd couldn't

hold his drink he could get

completely plastered just from one shot!Wow.