Reviews for My Funny Valentine
starwoods chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
another lovely story of yours
bookworm45 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Aww, that's sweet
OhTheFangirling chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
lol i loved the little ending note!
septemberly chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Just wow! Yeah it was a little bit cheesy but in the most perfect way :) It was so sweet and lovely, I loved it! Thanks for sharing! You totally made my workday better.
Darling Pretty chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
GOD! I LOVE you for writing this! First of all, I HATE Valentine's Day. Just absolutely hate it. And that's not my current cynicism talking. I just don't think that, if you truly love someone, you should need a day filled with chocolate and cheesy sentiments to tell them that (okay, well, I'll give them the chocolate).

Okay, it IS sad that Addison used to love Valentine's Day and now she doesn't. That's sad because it's always sad to lose faith in a holiday that you've loved. But I sincerely love Alex for both hating the holiday and restoring Addison's faith.

And I have to say that this just made my Monday. I spent Valentine's Day in Disneyland- the only way I can be convinced to go out in public on Single's Awareness Day- and, yes, I will admit that it was a little hard to see all the couples there for a romantic day. And then I went back on Monday, and I was waiting to get on Indiana Jones, and I saw this gem waiting in my inbox! Made. My. Day. I love this! And I love that you brought in the vanilla latte scene (one of the most romantic things I think I've ever scene, btdubs). Oh, and just a little note- my mind was nowhere near the gutteruntil you mentioned it. My mind was up on the top of the Eiffel Tower. And then you went and mentioned it and my mind ended up in the gutter. So thanks for that. It's okay; I'm not a big fan of heights anyway.

:D

-Juli-
kate811 chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Oh my gosh, on Valentine's Day as I laid around in pajamas, ate a box of chocolates, and watched the most gory, anti-romance movies I could find (Yeah I'm totally not bitter about the holiday AT ALL..) I thought to myself, "I hope someone writes an Addex Valentine's Day fic, I could use one of those right now!" AND LO AND BEHOLD, this appeared in my email the next day!

So it should come as no surprise that I FREAKING loved this story! I loved how Addison was so against the holiday and I felt so bad when she explained why she no longer enjoys it. Derek's an idiot!

And I LOVED Alex in this. Especially when he admitted to Addie that he hadn't hated her for a while and he liked fighting with her! (I've always suspected they enjoyed the fighting!) I also liked how you incorporated some of the stuff from Six Days into this.

I can't really explain why (I'm exhausted and I dissected another cat today and it was horribly gross, so sorry if I am not my most eloquent in this review. How many times have I used the word love so far? 20? 30?) but this was my favorite part: Heaving a great sigh, she replaced the bear on the rocking chair in the corner before making to walk past her intern to the door. “We have a pretty light day, Karev, so if you—what are you doing?”

-1. I think because it was so easy to picture and 2. I sensed what was coming, and I got really excited for everything that was about to happen!

I also loved (ugh, yeah ... a thesaurus would be handy right about now, haha) this line: “I think this day is a piece of crap and has no actual merit to it, but you shouldn’t think like that now if you didn’t use to,” Alex persisted.

- Because I agree with Alex! And I love that he (well you, writing for him) called Valentine's Day a piece of crap! I actually chuckled at that line!

So in conclusion: 1. Loved this! 2. Thank you for writing me some Addex Valentine's Day cheer, because I was far too cynical for my own good on the dreaded holiday and this somewhat snapped me out of it! and 3. LOVED this!

-Kate :)
gingr chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
This is so sweet ! I adored each line !

thank you so much for writing this !
McShip chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Aw... this was cute cheesey! So cute, having dessert ON TOP OF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING! Oh, wow. Great job!
cacooly chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
God, I am such a sucker for Addison and Alex! THANK YOU because that was such a sweet sweet and perfectly Addex story!

And I love that series you right. I actually might have missed 7, so off to find it...
iamkellylouise chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
i think this is my favourite 'Love Game' )

I don't know what i'd do without you and your Addex!

xx