Reviews for The Lamp Beside the Golden Door
guardianofdragonlore chapter 1 . 6/13
Ah the start of a glorious era of prosperity, illegal booze and Capone! Romano what have you done to sweet innocent america?
Sam-Chan and Jason-Kun chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Excellent story! Great humor, amazing display of the characters (facts, time period, and your own little twist in it)! Your story is very well-written, and I seriously enjoyed reading it.

Keep on writing,

Jason-Kun
UnluckyAmulet chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
I really liked this. Kind of slice-of-life-y, kind of not. XD It's nice to see Romano doing something other than swearing. There is something infinitely cool about Mafia!Romano, it has to be said. I liked America's bubbly nature contrasting against Romano's grumpy one, and the wedding scene was just priceless, with all the older ladies very interested in America...reading about Romano cooking made me hungry.

Amulet
Book Thief101 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
*sigh* The 1920's . . .

This era was made for them, literally. :)
hopefuldawn chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Irony of this: my best friend is Sicilian, and he's pulled that on me before.
broshipFanatic chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
HA. Highly amusing. Nice friendship. Favourite.
Resha04 chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Love this to death.
Really really love their characterization and their interaction. The opening is enough to send me laughing, then the wedding and Romano's threat, then the last one,
"Jesus Christ!"
"Leave him out of this"

This fic is hilarious, but at the same time it's really deep and heartwarming. I love to see America and Romano's friendship. Romano seems to be teaching America few things indirectly and America seems to be able to make his Italian friend's days lighter. :)
neverlasting-legend chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I liked this piece. The wedding really made me smile because Romano really would do something underhanded like that. Made me sad to think of the ghettos though because it really is true on both accounts. I'm Asian and I know if one Asian family lives in an area, others tend to migrate there while everyone else starts to move out.
Reapergal08 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Good ol' mafia story :D

It was done really well. I haven't seen much interplay between Romano and America so that was really interesting to experience for once :)

Well done, keep up the good work!
Alicia Spades chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Argh, why are you so awesome? Your characterization is amazing.
ike3 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
That was just awesome on so many levels. But I'm pretty sure my favourite parts were the wedding, Romano's insane driving and the "Jesus Christ!" "You leave him out of this." part. xD
forevergamergirl chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Jesus Christ, Romano's a BAMF! My life is made.
A Bleach-Drinking Hetalian chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
I love you. :'D

You are one of the few people I've read who hasn't made Romano a bumble-jumble of tsuntsun-deredere hee-haw. You've made him a fucking badass-motherfucker(BAMF), from what I've read. And that's how he's friggin /supposed/ to be.

This Romano... I less then three him. 3

I'm sorry if my review held no value, I just had to say it.

Please, keep up the awesome! :3
SilverMoonPhantom chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
I really like this, despite the darkness.

Or maybe...because of it?
mamzellebutterfly chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
This absolutely slayed me. So funny. And really moving, especially the end.

Excellent little story!