Reviews for So many ways to die at sea
Astarael Darkrah Black chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Wow. I hate the character of Zhao. But reading this makes me want to write a short where he gets rescued. No one deserves this. Wow, I cannot believe that you made Zhao a likable character in the way he decided to spare Zuko and the whompage that happened to him... Give me a couple of days. I'll try and post something to have him be rescued.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
-reads, shudders- You have a gift for the gruesome, all right.

My one point of criticism is really just a difference of opinion. Considering Zuko had already humiliated Zhao twice over (as a 16-year-old beating him in the Agni Kai, and then snatching the Avatar away from him as the Blue Spirit), he was more than "a royal nuisance", he was a Personal Enemy to the admiral. I think the reason Zhao didn't grab Zuko's hand is that his pride couldn't stand the thought of owing his life to the boy he'd tried to kill twice already. But like I said, IMHO.
Shadow Wasserson chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Ooh. Deliciously dark. I like it.

Don't mess with spirits. They'll mess you right back.

rangas rule chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
i dont know why, but as much as i hate zhao, i think he is a great character to write about. he is a good ol villain and its nice to see that he got what was coming to him. i always felt the water spirit had something instore for zhao. i really enjoyed this BTW.
Metella chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
I am impressed. In the space of one compound sentence you made me respect Admiral Zhao.(motive for turning his hand away from Zuko)

I have also toyed with the idea of Zhao's punishment . . .