Reviews for Scenes from marraiges
EmeraldStorm7 chapter 3 . 10/10/2013
You made me fall in love with Neville Longbottom :O Not that there is anything wrong with him but I never really thought of him as one of my absolute fav's but that chapter just made my heart melt and be all girly! That was so amazing
Thanks for the great read
Kalina
EmeraldStorm7 chapter 2 . 10/10/2013
Ron's always been the character from the trio with a conundrum of having the most flaws but also the most likable characteristics. He was the funny one but also the bitter one, and it somehow made us excuse all his mistakes. You did a fantastic job of writing him.
EmeraldStorm7 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Her hero. Her "hero". "Her" "Hero"- this was absolute brilliance! Just those six words conveyed so much! I'm completely amazed! I love how you objectively looked at the flaws of their marriage! Great stuff
Yurippe chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
I like the idea. I'm not sure if this is how Harry would become. Especially this part

"It made me learn what it's like to be weak, and how not to surround myself with weaklings. It made a man out of me and it can make a man out of Albus"

doesn't feel quite right. I've always imagined Harry - and the epilogue kinda backed me up there - Harry to be very protective of his children, because noone's ever protected him. If anything, I can see him be the total opposite of this and annoy them to no end. xD

Ginny's thoughts could turn out true, though.
ChristinaAngel chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
Even though I do love the canon couples and think that they could very well work as marriages, it's interesting to see how they could have gone wrong, mostly because you did not demonise any of the characters. Ron wanting to be somebody instead of linked to someone else and Harry not understanding why everyone can't always handle situations like he did seemed especially IC for me.

I also liked how you made sure that the marriages falling apart is because of the characters not because of some cliche reason like he/she cheated on him/her or they just started fighting and it got unbearable.
tenoh27 chapter 3 . 11/18/2010
Poor Neville, always trying to do the right thing. Still, I hope that all of them could find a measure of happiness by the end.

I definitely agree with another commentator who insightfully said that these stories reflect many real dysfunctional relationships.

Thank you for sharing.
tenoh27 chapter 2 . 11/18/2010
Very angsty and insightful stories!

Being a Hermione-fan, I admit to having an extreme bias when it comes the Hr/R relationship and of Ron being the villain in their relationship.

I dont like Ron and think he would be a terrible partner for Hermione. That said, I can also clearly see that Hermione would be a horrible partner for Ron. Fundamentally, I think they would be a disaster (and as much as I hate to admit it, this would go both ways), hence my unrelenting opposition to this pairing.

Thank you for sharing.
silverbirch chapter 3 . 4/12/2010
I like this one - a lot.

It all stays within the bounds of reason, which is very important.

It's said that you become your parents, but Harry sems to have become Vernon. his only role model as a father, perhaps. "It didn't do me any harm..." Well, true, but that doesn't make it any easier at the time.

Ginny always wanted to marry Harry Potter and got her wish. Ron always knew his place in life and Hermione, having been thrown into a world she didn't understand desperately wants it to be "magic".

Neville lived the key moment of his life when he was 18, and so what does he do for an encore? Hannah wanted a new life.

It is very, very good. Is there more to come? I do hope so.
madbrad chapter 2 . 4/7/2010
I didn't really understand/get the Grangers thing but thought the idea of a Ron still in 'love' with Hermione, but nonetheless contemplating a divorce, rang very true.

The image of the books "never opened and gathering dust", gifts between the two, both ways, was excellent. It really put across the lack of common interests between the two.
madbrad chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Reading this instalment with Harry and Ginny I wonder how long she would actually persist in idolising her 'hero' before she came back down to earth? Or how long he would be a 'hero' to the wizarding public after Voldemort?

Ginny's 'voice' here seemed a bit off to me; she seemed too rational. Too much like us! She could see Harry's flaws, even as "something inside her didn't want him to change". I wonder if, perhaps, you could have written her internal dialogue as completely brainwashed and love/crush blind? Making it plainly clear to the reader that she's still unbalanced when it comes to her hero? That 'something inside her' having taken control of her over the years?

For example, the paragraph about 'blinking away the tears' was excellent; that was a perfect example of a 'brainwashed Ginny', a Ginny conditioned to being exactly what Harry wanted her to be. Unlike the first part of the chapter where she seems to actually be independent and thinking badly of him.

Imagine a Ginny who, from acting the part of the girl he wanted (viz your "pretended to act to woo him" line, good stuff) actually found herself turning into that person for real! After years of acting it was no longer an act. But I'm meandering. I've never read a Ginny-perspective after-the-epilogue piece before.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 3 . 4/3/2010
Neville is the stoic that he always was, and yes, his life has been overshadowed by the dead. I never imagined that the canon marriage with Hannah was arranged, but now that I've written Augusta, it makes perfect sense that it would have been.

The other thing that rings perfectly true is Neville's vocation to teaching and to fatherhood... so he is foster-father to all the lost children of Hogwarts, precisely what he never had himself. You write him as a man of generous spirit and keen affections, who is carrying on as best he can. He understands the cycle of suffering and is doing his best to prevent it where he can.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 2 . 4/3/2010
I cringed when I saw Ron and Hermione paired in the epilogue, because they _so_ do not belong together. They are not good for each other as a couple; they need more distance than that.

It's clear enough (and has been written quite a bit) what the tragedy looks like from Hermione's point of view. And now you write Ron's point of view, and make him tragic, for which this writer thanks you (while taking notes).
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Harry in this one behaves very much like the grown-up child of an abusive family-which he is. James, as I suspected from the epilogue, is turning into a bully to rival both of his namesakes, and the hint here is that the only parent that Albus and Hugo have is Neville.

I also like the way you write Ginny... the girl who got what she thought she wanted. Poor Ginny, but she'd be furious to hear anyone say that.
The Sharp Dressed Kid chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
The sad part is this happens everyday to normal people, 10/10.
NevemTeve chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
Dark. Angsty. Make me feel bad.

Write more.